Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat May 28, 2022 3:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Author Message
 Post subject: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3299
Location: UK
Quote:
BRIFFAULT’S LAW:

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.

There are a few corollaries I would add:

-- Past benefit provided by the male does not provide for continued or future association.

-- Any agreement where the male provides a current benefit in return for a promise of future association is null and void as soon as the male has provided the benefit (see corollary 1)

-- A promise of future benefit has limited influence on current/future association, with the influence inversely proportionate to the length of time until the benefit will be given and directly proportionate to the degree to which the female trusts the male (which is not bloody likely).
From: http://www.stickmanweekly.com/ReadersSu ... er5546.htm

See also: Briffault's Law: The Most Important Thing You Can Know As A Man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbaztPIIfuw

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 1727
Very very informative, thanks peregrinus.

_________________
GMST
:ugeek:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 am
Posts: 5107
VERY interesting...sounds about right to me. :geek:

_________________
EVERYTHING in life is conditional...EVERYTHING. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 549
Location: London, Scarfland
BREAKING NEWS:


2 + 2 = 4


----


All rules such as these can be bent, broken and if you can stay focused enough; reversed.

What's astounding is that the guy in the video seems to be talking about women's changing preferences but doesn't seem to discuss why those preferences take shape, nor does he take into account emotional reactions or emotional responses that women feel.

Old news at absolute best.

_________________
Sparkling All Over


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 3428
Location: Canada
The flip side to this is that they give value to a guy on promise of future commitment etc etc and then everything they've done is null and void because once you have what you want it doesn't mean your gonna stay.

You reap what you sow.

_________________
"The heart is deep beyond all things, and it is the man. Even so, who can know him."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1058
Location: The Real World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwPCUz7t ... re=related

I think this is a good follow up to Grinus' video of Briffault's law: The Parasite and the Host

It sums up what we've learned and confirms what things we can do that are more satisfying than dealing with women

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 am
Posts: 5107
Quote:
All rules such as these can be bent, broken and if you can stay focused enough; reversed.
This is my current project. :geek:

_________________
EVERYTHING in life is conditional...EVERYTHING. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 am
Posts: 1883
This further strenghtens my resolve to never get married.

_________________
"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 3428
Location: Canada
Alchemist wrote:
This further strenghtens my resolve to never get married.
Me also brother ;)

_________________
"The heart is deep beyond all things, and it is the man. Even so, who can know him."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 am
Posts: 3614
Location: The unknown
Although I'm not against marriage,

this week I saw a documentary which talked about people who decided to have children but without getting married, it's all done in contracts and most of them don't live together. At the end they said that most future families might be like this in about 50 years from now.

that was interesting...

_________________
"a sniper is the worst romancer, he never makes the first move"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1062
Location: USA
bliss wrote:
Alright since it's an exchange of value, and women usually end up getting the better deal. Would being a Man, and I use "Man" in the sense of a true Man (unicorn status), then Would his main value and attraction be his presence as a Man?

I understand some women will value material and money over the above, but if a women is in touch with her essence, then she is naturally drawn to her polar opposite, a true Man.

I'm asking, because if the value I offer is being a true Man, then it takes no work from me other than being myself. If I was rich and a woman's main draw was my money, then I would have to stay rich to be with her.
peregrinus wrote:
So simple.

I would say however, that each woman has a list of 'benefits' which are weighted, some count as more than others. Each woman is slightly different, as are men, as are all people.

So do you if you think about it.

If you are a unicorn though, strange things will happen to her list. Things which she will not be able to understand, for the below reason.

The list is not a thought of one, it is a gut one.
bliss wrote:
peregrinus wrote:
If you are a unicorn though, strange things will happen to her list. Things which she will not be able to understand, for the below reason.

The list is not a thought of one, it is a gut one.
Can you clarify? I didn't understand this bit, "the list is not a thought of one...".
peregrinus wrote:
It is not a list from her mind, a conscious one.

She may think part of it are, they are not though.

It is deeply ingrained in her, in her genes, in her parents, in her upbringing, in her nature.

In her gut.

'not a thought of one' - not of the conscious mind.

Some of the things will surprise her, when she comes across them.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am
Posts: 411
Location: Levelling up.
Which is why a little reconnaissance into her past is important, bliss.
Quote:
It is deeply ingrained in her, in her genes, in her parents, in her upbringing, in her nature.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3299
Location: UK
Bumped because it should be every few years

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 pm
Posts: 323
Location: Italy
The youtube video in the link, is set private...can't be watched :(

_________________
The more baggage you remove around yourself the more clearly you can perceive others - Altair


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1062
Location: USA
A YouTube search on this topic will find you the video. Hint: it's about 20min long.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1062
Location: USA
There are a few different videos talking about this. The original video peregrinus posted can be found here. (https://youtu.be/9W6wvHSMmzY)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 1608
From : https://plex.page/Robert_Briffault
Quote:
Briffault law maintains that female, not male, determine all conditions of animal family. Where female can derive no benefit from association with male, no such association takes place. Today we would say relationship rather than association. For this bit of wisdom we have Robert Briffault, English surgeon, anthropologist, and author, to thank. I do not present Briffaults law as fact, nor do I dismiss it as fiction. It is something to think about-and Briffault gives us even more to ponder. We already know, of course, that women wield ultimate veto power in the mating game. It is women who give thumbs-up or thumbs-down to any advances or proposals from men. Briffault embellishes this truism by asserting that intimate relationships between men and women result from calculated cost / benefit analysis by women. Will she or wont she acquire net gain from any relationship with a man? This does not necessarily mean monetary gain, although it might. Other types of gain might be social status, sexual compatibility, anticipated future happiness, emotional security, and male capacity for fatherhood. Men, put that in your pipe and smoke it. Even though a woman has accrued past benefits from her relationship with a man, this is no guarantee of her continuing relationship with him. If a woman promises a man to continue her relationship with him in the future in exchange for benefit received from him today, her promise becomes null and void as soon as benefit is render. Mans promise of future benefit has limited ability to secure a continuing relationship with a woman, and his promise carries weight with her only to the extent that women wait for benefit is short and to the extent that she trust him to keep his promise. In economics there exists a concept of diminishing marginal utility: benefit derived from product lessens with each successive unit consume. Consider the all-you-can-eat buffet. If you arrive hungry, first plate from the buffet provides 100 % utility in satisfying your hunger. The second plate provides less utility, although you still may be a bit hungry when you begin filling the second plate. But by the time youre eaten second plate, you are no longer hungry. If you return to the buffet for the third plate, you will probably feel overstuffed after eating it. In terms of utility you are now in negative territory. If we accept Briffault law at face value, women derive diminishing marginal utility from their relationships with men after acquiring desired benefits.

_________________
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration.
We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.
There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."
Bill Hicks


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 1727
GoldenBoy wrote: *
From : https://plex.page/Robert_Briffault
Quote:
Briffault law maintains that female, not male, determine all conditions of animal family. Where female can derive no benefit from association with male, no such association takes place. Today we would say relationship rather than association. For this bit of wisdom we have Robert Briffault, English surgeon, anthropologist, and author, to thank. I do not present Briffaults law as fact, nor do I dismiss it as fiction. It is something to think about-and Briffault gives us even more to ponder. We already know, of course, that women wield ultimate veto power in the mating game. It is women who give thumbs-up or thumbs-down to any advances or proposals from men. Briffault embellishes this truism by asserting that intimate relationships between men and women result from calculated cost / benefit analysis by women. Will she or wont she acquire net gain from any relationship with a man? This does not necessarily mean monetary gain, although it might. Other types of gain might be social status, sexual compatibility, anticipated future happiness, emotional security, and male capacity for fatherhood. Men, put that in your pipe and smoke it. Even though a woman has accrued past benefits from her relationship with a man, this is no guarantee of her continuing relationship with him. If a woman promises a man to continue her relationship with him in the future in exchange for benefit received from him today, her promise becomes null and void as soon as benefit is render. Mans promise of future benefit has limited ability to secure a continuing relationship with a woman, and his promise carries weight with her only to the extent that women wait for benefit is short and to the extent that she trust him to keep his promise. In economics there exists a concept of diminishing marginal utility: benefit derived from product lessens with each successive unit consume. Consider the all-you-can-eat buffet. If you arrive hungry, first plate from the buffet provides 100 % utility in satisfying your hunger. The second plate provides less utility, although you still may be a bit hungry when you begin filling the second plate. But by the time youre eaten second plate, you are no longer hungry. If you return to the buffet for the third plate, you will probably feel overstuffed after eating it. In terms of utility you are now in negative territory. If we accept Briffault law at face value, women derive diminishing marginal utility from their relationships with men after acquiring desired benefits.
Horrendous choice of font on that website @100% size and bold
Looks better @150%

Thanks for it though.

Regards,

_________________
GMST
:ugeek:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 am
Posts: 321
Location: UK
S Stewart-Williams, AG Thomas. (2013). The Ape That Thought It Was a Peacock: Does Evolutionary Psychology Exaggerate Human Sex Differences? https://doi.org/10.1080/1047840X.2013.804899
Quote:
This article looks at the evolution of sex differences in sexuality in human beings and asks whether evolutionary psychology sometimes exaggerates these differences. According to a common understanding of sexual selection theory, females in most species invest more than males in their offspring, and as a result, males compete for as many mates as possible, whereas females choose from among the competing males. The males-compete/females-choose (MCFC) model applies to many species but is misleading when applied to human beings. This is because males in our species commonly contribute to the rearing of the young, which reduces the sex difference in parental investment. Consequently, sex differences in our species are relatively modest. Rather than males competing and females choosing, humans have a system of mutual courtship: Both sexes are choosy about long-term mates, and both sexes compete for desirable mates. We call this the mutual mate choice (MMC) model. Although much of the evolutionary psychology literature is consistent with the MMC model, the traditional MCFC model exerts a strong influence on the field, distorting the emerging picture of the evolved sexual psychology of Homo sapiens. Specifically, it has led to the exaggeration of the magnitude of human sex differences, an overemphasis on men's short-term mating inclinations, and a relative neglect of male mate choice and female mate competition. We advocate a stronger focus on the MMC model.
Paul W Eastwick, Laura B Luchies, Eli J Finkel, Lucy L Hunt. (2014). The predictive validity of ideal partner preferences: a review and meta-analysis. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0032432
Quote:
A central element of interdependence theory is that people have standards against which they compare their current outcomes, and one ubiquitous standard in the mating domain is the preference for particular attributes in a partner (ideal partner preferences). This article reviews research on the predictive validity of ideal partner preferences and presents a new integrative model that highlights when and why ideals succeed or fail to predict relational outcomes. Section 1 examines predictive validity by reviewing research on sex differences in the preference for physical attractiveness and earning prospects. Men and women reliably differ in the extent to which these qualities affect their romantic evaluations of hypothetical targets. Yet a new meta-analysis spanning the attraction and relationships literatures revealed that physical attractiveness predicted romantic evaluations with a moderate-to-strong effect size for both sexes, and earning prospects predicted romantic evaluations with a small effect size for both sexes. Sex differences in the correlations were small and uniformly nonsignificant.
EJ Finkel, PW Eastwick. (2009). Arbitrary social norms influence sex differences in romantic selectivity. https://doi.org/10.1111%2Fj.1467-9280.2009.02439.x
Quote:
Men tend to be less selective than women when evaluating and pursuing potential romantic partners. The present experiment employed speed-dating procedures to test a novel explanation for this sex difference: The mere act of physically approaching a potential romantic partner (vs. being approached), a behavior that is more characteristic of men than of women, increases one's attraction to that partner. This hypothesis was supported in a sample of speed daters (N = 350) who attended a heterosexual event where either men (eight events) or women (seven events) rotated from one partner to the next while members of the other sex remained seated. Rotators were significantly less selective than were sitters, which meant that the tendency for men to be less selective than women at events where men rotated disappeared at events where women rotated. These effects were mediated by increased self-confidence among rotators relative to sitters.

_________________
The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Briffault's Law
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 1608
zogler wrote: *
EJ Finkel, PW Eastwick. (2009). Arbitrary social norms influence sex differences in romantic selectivity. https://doi.org/10.1111%2Fj.1467-9280.2009.02439.x
Quote:
Men tend to be less selective than women when evaluating and pursuing potential romantic partners. The present experiment employed speed-dating procedures to test a novel explanation for this sex difference: The mere act of physically approaching a potential romantic partner (vs. being approached), a behavior that is more characteristic of men than of women, increases one's attraction to that partner. This hypothesis was supported in a sample of speed daters (N = 350) who attended a heterosexual event where either men (eight events) or women (seven events) rotated from one partner to the next while members of the other sex remained seated. Rotators were significantly less selective than were sitters, which meant that the tendency for men to be less selective than women at events where men rotated disappeared at events where women rotated. These effects were mediated by increased self-confidence among rotators relative to sitters.
Hence : Getting "approached" by women :mrgreen:

Aparte, zogler. Please enlighten me on your thought process (kind of following fufe's comment somewhere else) :
- Are you starting from those doi / nature / scientific litterature (maybe at work / studies / for fun ?) then coming here with some gems / nuggets?
- Or you're starting from here, then want to dig more?

Either way, like I've already said, I greatly appreciate your contributions, and that's coming from someone, like fufe, who doesn't usually like too long / dense articles. :geek:
Still a pleasure to go through these. Would never have thought there'd be scientific discussions / research on all those subjects, all adding on to / starting from the state of the art knowledge already there :twisted: :ugeek:

_________________
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration.
We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.
There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."
Bill Hicks


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited