Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Limitless
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 pm 

...just gotta feeling that it's gonna be my kinda movie. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Post subject: Re: Limitless
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:11 pm 

This film was adverstised in a London Underground station as an actual advert for a product.

So that's what it was.

Very clever marketing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

A Link to some info might be of help.

I presume you are talking about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limitless_%28film%29

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 am 

So I saw it today...a little more disjointed than I would have liked but overall a solid flick. Don't wanna spoil anything so once enough people have seen it, let's discuss it! :D

I will say this however...the first time he takes the pill in the movie demonstrates TEXTBOOK OBSERVATION/ANALYZATION BEAUTIFULLY! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:01 pm 

I finally saw it last night. good movie. didn't like the ending much.
the scene when he first took the pill was on point. it shows everything one needs to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Saw it today.

Loved the first 1/2 hour or so.

The middle got a bit lost in my view, probably was meant to, however I felt it could have been done better.

Hated the ending and the part that preceeded it
. Really disliked how it was written.

It got caught up in the whole holywood "must contain some kind of love story", this makes me slightly sick nowadays, seems you cannot see a film without it.
Why he kept going back to her was beyond me, totally and utterly.

Also, if he was so 'enhanced' by them, how come he missed the whole issue of supply, he did several times during the film. Also how come the DeNiro character was able to do what he did at the end, why did the main character not do that? that really puzzled me - the only answer I could think of was ego and arrogance.

I agree with Kidd and enelkei, that part was really nice to watch, the first time he experienced it.

All in all, very disappointing considering what they could have done with the premise of the whole film, it was a beautiful concept, ruined in my view.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 pm 

Per usual, I agree with you completely, brother. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:44 am 

O.K , so 3 of us saw it. I want to hear your views on this. at the end of the movie ( which we all didn't fancy), do you think he was still on those "Clear Tabs", even though he told Dinero's Character he wasn't? I think he was. I also think that female of his was on them too.

it went down hill for me after he started acting like a fiend. especially the scene in his apartment ( when he offed the Loan shark).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am 
Site Admin

enelkei wrote:
do you think he was still on those "Clear Tabs", even though he told Dinero's Character he wasn't?
YES

My gut screamed it to me.

When he said he wasnt my gut screamed LIAR!

Now, the interesting question is why? what did our minds pick up to tell us that in those scenes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm 

Hell YEAH he was on em...that was the most unconvincing bluff in the history of cinema. I'll let the other guys have a crack at breaking down the details...no fair for me and you. ;)

I will say that the first time he took the pill when that chick was in his face...as soon as he opened his mouth after the pill hit, I told my main squeeze who was sitting next to me, 'He's gonna fuck that chick...not now but RIGHT now.'

She was like, 'But she's married...'

I replied 'Just watch....' :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm 

I think that scene will be inspirational to all the guys on here who have an Asian Fantasty :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:22 pm 

Looks like we're all in agreement here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:16 pm 

I liked it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:03 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Hell YEAH he was on em...that was the most unconvincing bluff in the history of cinema. I'll let the other guys have a crack at breaking down the details...no fair for me and you. ;)

I will say that the first time he took the pill when that chick was in his face...as soon as he opened his mouth after the pill hit, I told my main squeeze who was sitting next to me, 'He's gonna fuck that chick...not now but RIGHT now.'

She was like, 'But she's married...'

I replied 'Just watch....' :mrgreen:

I liked the movie finally saw it last night really the only thing I hated about it was the ending, but from the way it did ended its a possible sequel in the making.

Also I agree with kid on this I figured out I picked up on that as soon as she started acting different smiling in his face, laughing with him, stopped bitching at him about the rent, it was so obvious that was going to happen.

I thought it was solid flick as well, I agree with everybody else about him lying being off the pills the way he explained it at least in my perspective was convincing but also THE WAY he explained it told me different that he is definitely still on those pills, and the way his girl kept smiling at him at the end it did seem like she was on them as well and it looked liked she understood what main character and the waiter was saying the whole time.

Once again Kidds theory of true love became more plausible in this movie, the main characters girl left him in the beginning because he wasn't shit but when he cleaned up and had his act together she was putty right in his hands. But when he told her how he was able to do what he did she started acting brand new all of a sudden like she was better than him because he used a pill, and she accomplished her goals by herself without pills.

I say the only thing wrong with the pills was the side effects that happens if you don't keep taking them other than that I probably be all over those babies myself ya digg.

Oh one more thing like I said the movie was solid but it was so cliche' and obvious the events that was going on in the movie I could've told the whole movie already at least I thought so. Anyway that was my take on it any other comments to add ?!!?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:50 pm 
I have yet to see the movie, however, the premise reminds me of a drug that treats narcolepsy called Modafinil. It has some cognitive enhancing off-label uses such as pattern recognition memory. I don't think it would make anyone superhuman though. A poker champion said in an interview that he used the drug to execute his game plan through the course of a tournament. So the idea isn't completely science fiction.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:26 pm 

Watch the spill.com review of the movie. These guys are hilarious.
http://spill.com/Movie-Reviews/MovieRev ... oId=448758

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:01 pm 

after I saw the movie, what I thought about was observations....

Today I was at the mall doing some observations (among other things) and I thought about what you and Stephan P. said: observations without ego+ learning a new language.

so I remember that on the movie after he took the pill he was able to see everything clear, that's kind of how I felt when I did my observations today. I noticed some things that I didn't notice in the past for example: two girls looking at me while their tongue was moving on their lips in a seductive way. I got one of the girl's phone number btw

but anyway, observations can go very deep...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:36 am 

The beginning of the movie reminded me of myself...all depressed and inactive. Gave me motivation to what is possible...even though it is a movie my subconscious got a glimpse of the other side and burned it in!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Am thinking it might be worth reading the book the film was based on.

See : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Fields

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

For those who wondered or doubted if he was still on the clear tabs at the end.

I bought the Blu-Ray of this the other day, on the disc it has an 'Alternate Ending' which spells it out VERY clearly.

Yes, he was still on them.

It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-XrACFNHQ