Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:13 pm 

I promised to introduce Holistic Releasing and here it is.

Holistic Releasing is a "technique" created by Hale Dwoskin, the man behind the Sedona Method. I guess one can say that Holistic Releasing is a part of the Sedona Method. But it works differently and even simpler than the Sedona standard questions.

Okey, the concept behind it, is that everything we experience comes in dualities. Joy - Sadness, Good - bad etc. And we tend to be attached to the positive one of those countless dualities. If we feel happy, we want to last it as long as possible and fear that it goes away. If we feel sad we want it to go away, we resist it.

If we are attached to success with women, we also want the lack of success to go away, we resist it. And if we have a girl once we are attached to it and hope it to last as long as possible.

So, you know, if we hang on to the good things, they slip away and if we resist the negative things, they persist.

Well, what does Holistic Releasing? The concpet of holistic releasing is to let go of BOTH polarities, so that you are attached neither to the positive nor the negative polarity. The result is that we are free from both polarities and can live in peaceful and content state of being - indifference or hootlessness (not giving a hoot) as Levenson called it.

How to do it?

Its very simple. Lets take an example: You feel unhappy.

So you ask yourself:

-Could I allow myself to be as unhappy as I am? (Just feel the feeling and answer, nothing more)

Then you ask yourself:

-Could I allow myself to be as happy as I am?

And you repeat the questions a few times. You will notice that the polarities dissolve each other and that you feel much more at peace after doing it. Thats the whole magic. We feel bad about our attachments because we resist them. And when we can say "yes" to them and just allow them to be, you let go of your attachments.

I'm really glad that a friend showed me this method. In my opinion, its simpler and better than the standard Sedona questions since I often got confused "is it a wanting of control or approval, man this is difficult..." and in my opinion the standard questions could also lead to more resistance.

Its maybe the best releasing method that I have seen so far.

And here is a description of Hale Dwosking himself:

http://www.allaboutprosperity.com/artic ... second.htm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 pm 

that is great stuff Dr. Awesome thanks for sharing.

I also found something great in which I'm working with at the moment (I have been working with it for about three weeks now). I won't say anything about it yet until I know for sure that it works (at least on me :) )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:00 am 

Dr. Awesome wrote:

So you ask yourself:
-Could I allow myself to be as unhappy as I am? (Just feel the feeling and answer, nothing more)

Then you ask yourself:
-Could I allow myself to be as happy as I am?

And you repeat the questions a few times. You will notice that the polarities dissolve each other and that you feel much more at peace after doing it. Thats the whole magic. We feel bad about our attachments because we resist them. And when we can say "yes" to them and just allow them to be, you let go of your attachments.
Are you supposed to answer "yes" to all these kind of quetions in the method? Because the first time I asked myself the quetion: "Could I allow myself to be as unhappy as I am?", I was like "Hhmmmm.. no?". :D

WOW! This method is FAST! Thanks a lot for sharing. I just read the two quetions twice and I felt VERY relaxed, immediately.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 am 

In the sedona method it doesn't really matter if you say "yes" or "no", the important thing is just focusing on the feeling, just feel the feeling.

And I great duality I found out to release is this:

- Could I allow myself to be as attached as I am?
- Could I allow myself to be as care-free as I am?

I'm glad you had your first good moment with it ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:16 pm 

Dr. Awesome, have you read any of his books?
if not, what books about the Sedona method did you read?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 pm 

I read the beginning of the Sedona Method workbook until the exercises. And I read the same of the Abundance Course of Larry Crane. But I didn't read the Sedona Method book itself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm 

you read the whole Abundance Course by Larry?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm 

Well, I don't know if theres a real book about the Abundance Course but I read the one that comes with audio cd's. Most of it is work-sheets for the course but the first like 40 pages I guess are about the theory behind it, Lester Levenson and some testimonials.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:10 pm 

Sniper, I went through most of Hale Dwoskin and Larry's work for the past year. It's brilliant and life changing, and after a while it becomes a habit so you start releasing without even thinking about it. Sedona Method and Release Technique are both probably the best techniques out there, some are stronger in certain areas but none go so deeply. The problem with this stuff is that it's so effective and people have crazy stuff going on for them, and that causes many people to avoid taking action that scares them, and use releasing as an excuse to run away from it. And it doesn't work that way.

I had wonderful stuff happening to me thanks to releasing (and also the Lefkoe Method), especially in the business area. Also the feeling when you release is so magnificent it's hard to describe.

I read most of their stuff. Hale is very soft, he cares less about people achieving material stuff and he is just happy that people feel peace and freedom, when they release traumatic programming and so on. His advanced work is called "the fifth way" and that's an unbelievable experience. Larry is tough, he goes very strictly with what Lester Levenson taught, and is very goal oriented. The problem with him is that he really doesn't give a fuck and he can say "you can have everything you want JUST by releasing" - well, basicaly I agree with him, however people just get the wrong idea from it and sabotage their own success. I prefer Hale's work and especialy the advanced stuff.

BTW Sniper you should know that people ask Larry for advice about getting women and he just says that you need to love them and they will come to you - and I know you don't really like that, so beware ;)

And Dr. Awesome, Holistic Releasing is great but I would recommend you move on to the next level, the 5th way, get Hale's "Inner Circle 4", it really changes your perception of yourself and reality for good. And also everything that Lester ever said or wrote is recommended too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm 

Hey Bonder,

thanks for sharing your insights about this awesome stuff.

I'm curious about the "inner circle volume 4". What can I expect from it? Until now I've always understood releasing as a thing to release attachments and limiting emotions. And Holistic Releasing is like the best thing I've seen/experienced so far who does "that job". What can I expect from a more advanced course?

Oh and a question to you. How much did/do you release a day? Do you sit down to have a releasing session or don't you do that anymore since like you said, it became automatically?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:07 pm 

Bonder,
Thank you,
what's inner circle 4?

can you give a link to what you are talking about please?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm 

Dr. Awesome - I used to have many releasing sessions, where I just sat down and released, I used to do it a lot while I was still in the army and was guarding. Right after I was finished with the army I even took an advanced course by Larry called "Goals & Resistance Course" where I released for between 6-8 hours a day - and weird stuff did start to happen, I started receiving gifts from people, my allergies got a lot better and so on. However I did not achieve my goals and for a long time I did not understand why - and that's because I was not willing to take action, I had all kinds of fears and limiting beliefs about it, and if you sit down and release in solitude, then you arn't really facing the programs you want to release the most. Hale, on the other hand, advocated taking action and it's very critical. From my experience, all the action you take must also be out of your comfort zone - don't fool yourself and do easy stuff in order to avoid your fears, how else would you release them?

Anyway, after a while it starts to become automatic, because the habit of supressing emotions is broken. However if something intense comes up, of course you will have to allocate some time to deal with it. A year ago I was full of stress, doubt, constant mind chattering and now I feel pretty relaxed most of the time, and my life changed also business wise.

Actually the next step with Hale's stuff after you went through the basic program is the goals course which is excellent, it's called "Effortless Creation" and he also talks there about the importance of taking action. There he still works with the wants (approval, control and security) and with holistic releasing. "Inner Circle" is a recording of a retreat, he has 5 of those he sells, when inner circle 4 is considered to be the best by many releasers, and it's kind of beyond releasing. It's about taking you to a new level of awareness, understanding that there is actually no one really experiencing a problem, that everything we believe is made up and is just a story. He works there with the 5th way and with a process called "tripple welcoming", it's a really, really powerful process.

And btw about Larry, last year one of the teachers in his organization has come up with a way to combine releasing and visualizing and Larry is doing that all the time now, so for people here that are in to visualizing (I am too, I think it's essential in order to achieve goals and even Lester said that), that can be great too.

All of Hale's products are here - http://www.sedona.com/all-products

And I will say again becuase I wasted lots of time with this stuff until I figured this out - releasing is just a tool. It's the most powerful tool out there, but still a tool. Don't use it to run away from taking action because you'll get no where with your goals. however combined with action and visualization, you'll be unstoppable. I am seeing this today in my business, and I am sure that's going to happen with women too for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 pm 

Bonder wrote:
BTW Sniper you should know that people ask Larry for advice about getting women and he just says that you need to love them and they will come to you - and I know you don't really like that
yea Zan said the same thing and where did it get me? :|

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:48 am 

I don't agree with him either on this. this whole topic is a bit deeper than "just love them", it's about confidence and your belief in yourself. However he doesn't mean "love them" in a needy, pathetic way like Zan suggests, he's talking about divine love and stuff.

Anyway Larry is not a PUA guru and his advice about women shouldn't be taken too seriously, nor should we conclude anything about his work because of it. The Release Technique works great, regardless of Larry's opinion about attracting women, this really isn't important and just something nice I wanted to mention.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm 

Additional and more than awesome stuff:

Frederick Dodson, a big one of the LoA "teachers", has written 5 blog posts about "Holistic releasing" on his blog. He calls it "duality surfing". He manages to explain it better than Hale Dwoskin and very practical.

Part 1

http://www.realitycreation.org/2011/03/ ... ity-1.html

Part 2

http://www.realitycreation.org/2011/03/ ... ity-2.html

Part 3

http://www.realitycreation.org/2011/03/ ... ity-3.html

Part 4

http://www.realitycreation.org/2011/03/ ... ity-4.html

Part 5

http://www.realitycreation.org/2011/03/ ... ity-5.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm 

I think, Dwoskin and Dodson have the same goal but Dwoskin presents it as a releasing method that is useful for every negative feeling to let go (like the sedona questions). Dodson presents it as way of dissolving limiting beliefs and creating the reality you want.

And Dodson includes visualizations which is awesome since one does all the important things at once: 1. Dissolving limiting beliefs/resistance, 2. Getting used to the new reality (creating) and 3. getting rid of the attachments to both sides of the coin.

I personally think, Dodsons duality surfing is more fun since the skipping from one reality to the other is quite entertaining. But Dwoskins approach is about releasing so I use that one too during the day.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:28 pm 

Quick question, when you do the duality exercise is it best to close your eyes or keep them open?

I had my eyes open to visualize and feel the sensation, but ended up falling asleep for a short nap lol, not that I mind =]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 am 

bump :geek:
old thread but a good one...

Just wanted to mention that Larry Crane also talks about releasing both sides in 'The Release Technique\abundance course'

he says release attachments & aversions

@bliss
you can do it with your eyes open or closed it doesn't matter
but for Me it's easier to get in touch with your emotions (at first) when your eyes are closed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 am 

Also some good information here:

http://www.melaniesmithson.com/5-ways-to-release

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 pm 

Quote:
So, you know, if we hang on to the good things, they slip away and if we resist the negative things, they persist.
Why does it seem that this doesn't work the opposite way?

Like if we resist good things they persist and if we hang on to bad things the slip away? Or does it and im just thinking incorrectly?

If You Ain't The Shit To You Then Who Are You The Shit To??? -Sugafree