Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hypnotica Describes What It Means To Be A Man [HQ]
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=425866102005

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 pm 

I couldn't agree more, especially at the end when he talks about layers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 pm 

this is the best video from him, because the rest is "women like this an that, you have to be a little bit of this or that"

there is avideo he invites 3 girls to ask them what they want, that was horrible

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:33 pm 

i was rewatching this video, and i'm curious about what you peregrinus think about the first part of the explanation of nothingnees and emptyness, becasue i fell he's rigth, becasue somtimes i fell some kind of power that is withim myself but it las only like 5 seconds, to me that feeling it's tellingme my purpuse, then it disapear maybe because the thinking and trynig to figure out what it is, i don't whant to sound pretentious or being taked like a fool but i'm curious about you, i'd like to hear more about you, and what do you think

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

rant wrote:
i was rewatching this video, and i'm curious about what you peregrinus think about the first part of the explanation of nothingnees and emptyness, becasue i fell he's rigth, becasue somtimes i fell some kind of power that is withim myself but it las only like 5 seconds, to me that feeling it's tellingme my purpuse, then it disapear maybe because the thinking and trynig to figure out what it is, i don't whant to sound pretentious or being taked like a fool but i'm curious about you, i'd like to hear more about you, and what do you think
I feel quite a resonance with his description of masculineness being about nothingness.

If you have read my posts, you will have noticed that I talk a lot about 'space' - creating space and allowing space to exist.

I have done quite a lot of experimenting with the notion of space, both by myself, with a single companion and within groups of people. There have been some surprising and very pleasant results and observations that have come out of it.

Some of the most profound were on my own, creating space for myself. Not hounding myself with thoughts, observations and other things. Simply put, existing - being in a place and being present with it without needing to think about it, label it or describe it to myself.

Thoughts will come to you, as you describe above - the key in my view is not to try and 'grab' and 'hold onto them' - let them flow in and out of you. Like water flowing over you. When I try and hold them or think about them it destroys the effect, if I watch them like an observer without interacting with them it leads in some quite unusual directions and not usually ones that you could anticipate.

There is a thing in quantum mechanics, where you cannot measure something without affecting it - this is described by the tale of Shrodinger's Cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat)
I see this in a similar vein, as soon as you think about what is happening then you change the flow, the flow is lost. You have to let it happen, trust it will be ok, your thoughts will do it all on their own they do not need your help.

In the modern world we are taught to go a million miles a second, not to take time to just be, to constantly be busy and doing something. Break the mould, take some time and just be, exist with nature without wanting to shape or control it, merely be part of it, let it happen.

On another slant:
Femininity loves to fill space, it will take any gap you let exist and fill it. If you leave no gap then there is nothing for them to fill.

How can they fill a space if you are already filling it?

How can you enjoy the space if you constantly fill it?

This is also why I believe it is VERY important for men to spend time away from ALL women. Either with MEN or with themselves and nature.

If you want a practical thing to attempt.. try to find a way for that 5 seconds to extend itself, let it be and bask in it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 pm 

Quote:
This is also why I believe it is VERY important for men to spend time away from ALL women. Either with MEN or with themselves and nature.
...I'm really starting to think we were separated at birth. :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 am 

Goddamn, that's some heavy shit peregrinus, props!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 am 

thank you so much peregrinus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Some of this toughts remind me of David Deida. A lit of bit new agey, but very cool indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:22 am 
Grinus' what else do you think femininity is?

Is it like how Hypnotica described it as colors and light?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 pm 

The Case for Doing Nothing
Stop being so busy, and just do nothing. Trust us.

By Olga Mecking
April 29, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/smar ... thing.html

Keeping busy?

Running from place to place and laboring over long to-do lists have increasingly become ways to communicate status: I’m so busy because I’m just so important, the thinking goes.

Perhaps it’s time to stop all this busyness. Being busy — if we even are busy — is rarely the status indicator we’ve come to believe it is. Nonetheless, the impact is real, and instances of burnout, anxiety disorders and stress-related diseases are on the rise, not to mention millennial burnout.

There’s a way out of that madness, and it’s not more mindfulness, exercise or a healthy diet (though these things are all still important). What we’re talking about is … doing nothing. Or, as the Dutch call it, niksen.

What is niksen?

It’s difficult to define what doing nothing is, because we are always doing something, even when we’re asleep.

Doreen Dodgen-Magee, a psychologist who studies boredom and wrote the book “Deviced! Balancing Life and Technology in a Digital World,” likens niksen to a car whose engine is running but isn’t going anywhere.

“The way I think about boredom is coming to a moment with no plan other than just to be,” she said.

Sandi Mann, a psychologist at the University of Central Lancashire in Britain, added that niksen can be “when we’re not doing the things we should be doing. Because perhaps we don’t want to, we’re not motivated. Instead, we’re not doing very much.”

More practically, the idea of niksen is to take conscious, considered time and energy to do activities like gazing out of a window or sitting motionless. The less-enlightened might call such activities “lazy” or “wasteful.” Again: nonsense.

We at Smarter Living have long been fans of taking regular breaks throughout the day, as study after study shows that feeling drowsy, exhausted or otherwise mentally depleted during the workday drastically hinders performance and productivity.

In other words: Whether at home or at work, permission granted to spend the afternoon just hanging out.

Why we need niksen in our lives

Generally speaking, our culture does not promote sitting still, and that can have wide-reaching consequences for our mental health, well-being, productivity and other areas of our lives. Technology doesn’t make it any easier: The smartphone you carry with you at all hours makes it almost impossible to truly unplug and embrace idleness. And by keeping ourselves busy at all times, we may be losing our ability to sit still because our brains are actually being rewired.

Indeed, the benefits of idleness can be wide-ranging.

Ms. Mann’s research has found that daydreaming — an inevitable effect of idleness — “literally makes us more creative, better at problem-solving, better at coming up with creative ideas.” For that to happen, though, total idleness is required.

“Let the mind search for its own stimulation,” Ms. Mann said. “That’s when you get the daydreaming and mind wandering, and that’s when you’re more likely to get the creativity.”

Counterintuitively, idleness can be a great productivity tool because “if our energy is totally shot, our productivity is not going to be good because we’re not going to have fuel to burn with which to be productive,” said Chris Bailey, a productivity expert and author of the blog “A Life of Productivity.”

Niksen can help you solve problems as well.

“It takes you out of your mind, and then you see things clearly after a while,” said Manfred Kets de Vries, a professor of leadership development and organizational change at Insead in Paris.

But stopping the cycle of business can be challenging in a culture that prizes getting things done. Here are some tips to help you stop and be:

Make time for doing nothing, and do it with purpose.

Figure out when you’re most productive and creative, then notice when your mind starts to shut off or you start performing tasks just for the sake of doing them, Mr. Bailey suggests. That’s when you should go for a walk or take a break. The intention behind the decision is what counts.

“I do nothing with purpose,” Mr. Kets de Vries said. “I know that without breaks I cannot be effective.”

Prioritize the things that are important to you and the things that bring you pleasure, and outsource everything else when possible. Focusing on the truly relevant parts of life can help you build free time in your schedule. And take advantage of convenient opportunities to practice idleness, like when you’re standing in line or waiting for the children to come home from school.

Resist the culture of busyness.

If you’re doing nothing, own it. When someone asks you what you’re doing during a nothing break, simply respond, “Nothing.” Be unapologetic about taking breaks or holidays, and if you start to feel guilty about being seen as lazy, think of niksen not as a sign of laziness but as an important life skill. Choose the initial discomfort of niksen over the familiarity of busyness.

Manage your expectations.

Learning takes time and effort, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t catch on immediately to the benefits of idleness. Know that sitting still might actually be uncomfortable at first and might take practice — just like exercise.

Ms. Dodgen-Magee likens it to beginning a new workout routine: At first, you might get sore, but “after a while, you’ll find yourself in this moment where you’re like, ‘Oh, this feels fantastic.’”

Reorganize your environment.

Your surroundings can have a major impact on how much nothingness you can embrace, so consider the physical space in your home and workplace. Keep your devices out of reach so that they’ll be more difficult to access, and turn your home into a niksen-friendly area. Add a soft couch, a comfy armchair, a few cushions or just a blanket. Orient furniture around a window or fireplace rather than a TV.

“If those spaces are present, people will use them,” Ms. Dodgen-Magee said.

Think outside of the box.

If you can’t sit still in your home or workplace, go to the park or book a relaxing day at the spa. Ms. Dodgen-Magee encourages people to host boredom parties, during which a host invites over a few friends to … be bored together.

Mr. Bailey suggests experimenting with different lifestyles to find the right one for you. For example, he lived like a slob for a week and learned that it’s important to “let the air out of the tires” once in a while.

If you’re still uncomfortable with the idea of doing nothing, try to trick your mind into thinking you’re being productive. Ms. Dodgen-Magee suggests using open-end toys such as kinetic sand, Baoding balls or marble runs.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:41 pm 

It's great the video is still up!
As long as the facebook account that uploaded that video is up, it is considered saved.
If someone want to preseve it, please do a backup of that video.

It's nice to hear hypnotica this video is very deep, bound to see it at least 20 times to understand the message.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

As long as the facebook account that uploaded that video is up, it is considered saved.
It's nice to hear hypnotica, this video is very deep yet so simple, it is bound to see it at least 20 times to understand the message.
I've already did a backup of the video, so If it goes down some one just ask for it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:08 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43c1vKq8F8

Ten years later :D

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

GoldenBoy wrote: *
In the old video, he seems like in the 3rd form.

But now it looks like he has reached his final form

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:18 pm 

Holy shit he just went full veteran-of-numerous-conflicts special force way :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:40 pm 

Dali wrote: *
[ img ]
This is so cool!! They've created two new ones in the line??? :mrgreen:

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

Last edited by The GK2 on Sat May 11, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Well it seems more organic to me, even if it's not cannonical

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:10 am 

Definitely! The new ones were really wierd... this is what they should've done!!

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:08 am 

Quote:
In-Progress Pokemon is a Tumblr page created by an artist who wanted to show fans what those in-between Pokemon stages look like. Thanks to this fine work, we can finally see what Pokemon look like between their evolutions. Never lose sleep again because you don't know how a Magikarp turns into a Gyrados!

Link #1:
https://www.ranker.com/list/awesome-in- ... phen-reyes

Link #2:
https://inprogresspokemon.tumblr.com/pokemonindex
I liked these ones too :D

Chardizard-and Bulbasaur-line was Disappointing though... had so high hopes!! :P

[ img ]

[ img ]