Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:10 pm 

Getting other peoples opinions when I'm in a challenging situation has been a big help over the last 2+ years.

Many times something someone else says has helped me figure things out and see the bigger picture or just a side I wasn't paying attention too.

Part of it was realizing there were many times when I really didn't want the solution. That's a big thing to realize because sometimes I have to drop what I think is right and do something else. If the focus is on getting to the solution then that doesn't become such a big deal.

Asking others for their opinions has helped:

- see different parts of the situation (many times I was focused on just one side)

- patterns sometimes stick out when different people mention the same thing (maybe that's an important piece of the solution)

- look at the situation from a different angle or lens, your lens

All this helps to see things more clearly and make better decisions.

Have to be willing to listen to others and that's where this comes in...dont confuse the messenger with the message.

Just yesterday I was in a situation that I decided to ask my neighbor what they thought. I almost didn't ask them because I thought I knew what they would say. To my surprise they said something else and that helped me see things more clearly.

Ask others for their opinions + do what I think is right (gut check) = better decision making.

Anthony de Mello wrote:
Maturity is, when I no longer blame anyone. I don't blame others. I don't blame myself. I see what's wrong and set about [fixing] it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:50 pm 

+1
Very good point.