Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:11 pm 

Is there anyway to control them or get rid of them?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:23 pm 

If you can accept the rise and fall of all and every emotion,
do you have a problem?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:21 pm 

Why would you want to do such a thing?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:35 pm 

For one It would be nice to not feel anything
Second it would be easier to have a more intellectual mind without emotions being in the way
Three it would be impossible for females or anyone to get any rise out of me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:39 am 

You can indeed get rid of your emotions. I spent years suppressing my "bad emotions", and found myself in a deep depression praying to not wake up every time i went to sleep.

You can't choose which emotions to get rid of; if you stop feeling sad you'll also stop being able to feel happiness.

If you never get angry, how will you know what things in life you don't accept or tolerate?

What you resist persists. You'll find that pushing down emotions will fill your life with anxiety instead. And you can of course get rid of that with the help of drugs, alcohol and self harm, among other things. Trust me: Feelings are the better deal here.

Self harm is not just physical, by the way. I learned that I could get relief from my anxiety by telling myself things like I wasn't worth being happy anyway, or that there obviously is something wrong with me and I'll never be loved. It's so effective against anxiety that I still battle with that mechanism ten years later.

Since you can't like or dislike anything without your feelings, I had no real personality for anyone to be attracted to. It was only when I began owning my emotions that people started noticing I was a real human being. One of those people were me.

Your emotions are the very essence of who you are, and your subconscious is working hard in the background trying to be your friend.
If you say that you don't like your emotions and that they only get in the way, you'll on one hand feel sad because it's a very hurtful thing to say to someone, and your subconscious will take your words to heart and try giving you what you want.

If you instead reciprocate the effort and be kind to the most important person in your life, you'll find that your emotions actually work for you and they are a very powerful tool.

There are many threads in this forum on this subject. Your "gut", for example, won't work if you only value your intellectual mind.