Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 am 

This book was written in the 1970s, it's been almost 50 years since then and things have been progressing exactly as they were predicted. This book is the equivalent of the Manipulated Man, but instead of explaining how feminism has enslaved you. It shows how Hinduism and the many other heads of the hydra have infected the West since the start of the last century. Buddism, meditation, Zen and all the other practices have systematically been injected even into Christian "churches" (which have been completely converged and are fallen).

Someone was kind enough to record it as an audiobook and post it on Youtube for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6nVso1DJpc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Listening, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:54 am 

You're welcome. Thanks, for taking the time to listen. It won't disappoint 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm 

What did you think Dali?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm 

Are you catachuming with the orthodox?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:56 pm 

Pindar wrote: *
Are you catachuming with the orthodox?
I am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:15 am 

Interesting... I catachumin with them for about 6 months this time last year.

I didn't go through with it though. This might be of interest:
https://youtu.be/xl3pD4l0K5U

If you want more info let me know.
In any case, catachuming with the orthodox is certainly not the worst thing you can do. So long as you're not already a baptised Catholic. Best of luck

Catachumin bow your head to the Lord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:30 am 

Amen

So are you Catholic then? This is very interesting

I went to a Baptist church for about 3 months and then moved on to Orthodoxy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:35 am 

Yes very trad. I came back to the faith a few years ago. Nearly left and joined the orthodox last year. Learnt a lot from them.

I can answer questions from a Catholic perspective if needed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:53 am 

Hmm, interesting

What made you leave Orthodoxy and return to the Catholics?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:44 pm 

Primarily through an engagement with orthodox culture and literature. E.g it was a book on the Filioque written by an orthodox that convinced me that the Latin Church was right about this.

In hindsight, this makes a lot of sense given the Council of Jerusalem as explained in the video I posted. If we look at the tradition of circumcision through the eyes of the Apostles as a whole, then the obvious conclusion is that all Christians must be circumcised. But if we look at the question again with reference to the primacy of Peter, then that is not the case. And we can see that Peter was correct. Likewise, with the Filioque, which makes perfect theological sense.

I found that I had much to learn from them, particularly where they stuck to tradition. But all their theology and much of their criticisms of the Catholic Church were of such a poor quality and intellectual level that I was forced to reconsider. E.g "Thomas Aquinas stands as a representative of a rationalistic and impersonal Western theology diametrically opposed to Orthodoxy" or " it is not so much the doctrine of transubstantiation but that of the Filioque that most fittingly encapsulates the rationalistic excesses of Western theology" are the sort of statements often heard.

The problem with the statement above is that they presuppose a post enlightenment world view of rationality. Aristotle defined man as a 'rational animal'. The 'animal' refers to our material body. And the 'rational' refers to our immaterial soul, which is made of both the 'will' and the 'intellect'. All the fathers of the Church would have known this.

The orthodox, having stepped outside of the Church, are forced to remain a thousand years in the past. If they move in any direction they crumble into heresy. You certainly won't find any sophiaology fourth female person of the Trinity in Catholic doctrine though you may find those who believe such things.

They do certainly have a lot going for them though particularly with regard to their eremitical tradition. I recommend the first book of the philokalia in particular (though, this of cause is Catholic Tradition as well).

Do you have any specific questions?

Even if you choose to join the orthodox might be able to help with some things e.g. Parish life.

If you want I don't mind giving you my details, so you can see how qualified I am to answer such questions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:42 am 

I don't know a ton about Catholicism and I have never read Thomas Aquinus but I do know that he repented of his works before he died.

If you look at how inverted society has become, do you think Catholicism will have the strength to stand up to what is coming?

The Orthodox view of the Schism makes a ton of sense to me. You can see the fall of the West but you need to look at it over a long time line. You can see it in the rationalism that existed in the pre-enlightenment era as well.

I mean Pope Francis has stated that all religions are fine.

That said I think there are a lot of good Catholics who are truly Christian.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 am 

There's a lot of good orthodox Christians as well.

What made you come to Christianity?
Why eastern and not oriental orthodox?

What do you think of the 2018 Moscow–Constantinople schism?

Altair wrote: *
I don't know a ton about Catholicism and I have never read Thomas Aquinus but I do know that he repented of his works before he died.

oce.catholic.com/index.php?title=Thomas_Aquinas%2C_Saint 6

It is not surprising to read in the biographies of St. Thomas that he was frequently abstracted and in ecstasy. Towards the end of his life the ecstasies became more frequent. On one occasion, at Naples in 1273, after he had completed his treatise on the Eucharist, three of the brethren saw him lifted in ecstasy, and they heard a voice proceeding from the crucifix on the altar, saying “Thou hast written well of me, Thomas; what reward wilt thou have?”. Thomas replied, “None other than Thyself, Lord” (Prümmer, op. cit., p. 38). Similar declarations are said to have been made at Orvieto and at Paris. On December 6, 1273, he laid aside his pen and would write no more. That day he experienced an unusually long ecstasy during Mass; what was revealed to him we can only surmise from his reply to Father Reginald, who urged him to continue his writings: “I can do no more. Such secrets have been revealed to me that all I have written now appears to be of little value” (modica, Prümmer, op. cit., p. 43).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 pm 

Eastern Orthodox happened to be the first one I came across. I got curious about OO after a few months but they deny the two wills of Christ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 pm 

Fair enough

God bless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:37 am 

God Bless You as well