Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Striving for meaning
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:02 pm 

It is my first post here after introduction , but it is going to be a bleak and long one too. :roll:

Lately , I have graduated from my university . Was in a quite demanding 6-years course ( medicine ) and the thing that help me through this stressful and sacrificial period was the thought of joyfulness afterwards . In order to manage to finish exactly in 6 years i had to put my social life and entertainment in a back seat many times,ravaging my relations with many friends and girlfriends . Disturbingly ,after finishing there was no difference between my previous life and now . The only thing that changed was my stress level , like a huge burden fell from my shoulders ,but now many more have occurred putting me in new treadmills . Still nothing strikingly elating ...

During this time-period ,when was still an undergraduate , a friend of mine introduced me to this forum where I confirmed my suspicions about women's not-so-rosy nature and by further research I realized how futile is it to depend your happiness on them , even remotely ...

By adding this two things and let them dive into my psyche , i was hit hard by an existential crisis . I questioned the meaning of our life , why the fuck have we ended up here , what the fuck could we do to make us feel complete and how you can stay positive if you do not believe in any god but only to extremely hungry worms in the soil . These loop continued and while I was immersed in it , I was frozen , lacking any motivation to do something .

A counter-intuitive thing that happened to me was achieving complete indifference for women , they stopped being for me anything important like they were in my student years .They could nott make me happy ,especially inside this excruciating train of thoughts . Whenever I tried to talk to them for my problem they could hardly grasp the situation I am in and they 're answers were stupid to say the least... ;) Somehow i realized that many of them have never pondered on this kind of things before and they are completely uninterested about them ... When I walk across the street I have tons of jocking signs but I really do not care ...It makes me happy that I am attractive to them appearance - wise but that's all ,not a flying fuck about chasing them or even give them any kind of confirmation .

An unexpected video I found helped me understood my problem , which is that i have established my value as a person in the achievement of happiness .
If I felt depressed or unhappy , I would then consider myself as a loser , a failure ... But filtering everything through these lens , will inevitably make you sad , because life is full of "pain" as a fat boy said and we need to have a strong WHY to help us endure .This video recommends a good WHY for us...

tl ; dr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIXtN2S2d2w

Jim Morrison

Post subject: Re: Striving for meaning
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

A red pill:

Life has no meaning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:27 pm 

Knowledge vs pretense, AronRa, apistevist*

3min24sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXc4q21TPc

A- = not
pistis = faith

Faith is the most dishonest position one can take.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:40 pm 

Quote:
A red pill:

Life has no meaning
True ,but what about imbuing it with your subjective meaning ? (devoid of any reverence for godly omnipotent beings)
Quote:
Knowledge vs pretense, AronRa, apistevist*

3min24sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXc4q21TPc

A- = not
pistis = faith

Faith is the most dishonest position one can take.
Nice one Jared! Faith in knowledge ,acquired by exploration 8-)

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm 

Thinking about it, living in the world of the conceptual mind, you will find no fulfillment or any satisfying answer to a 'meaning' because there is no objective meaning to anything. Only your mind, whose purpose and function is to assign meaning to things, thinks this is a problem by the way. The bigger part of you does not, any more than a child playing with friends is concerned about the ultimate purpose of why they are doing that.

In the actual experience of life you can connect to an enormous feeling of purpose, aliveness, satisfaction, without a 'reason' or a definition. You feel it in your body, nervous system, emotions - it is like an endless fire.

Living your life from this place is enormously satisfying and will find you being very productive, creating, simply because it is in the flow of life and creation, without an existential concern for the ultimate purpose of it. The purpose of life right now is writing this post, and then it's whatever emerges in front of me next. Whatever it is, it will be interesting.

One clue about this, is that you will not be commenting on how indifferent you are about women or think in those terms at all. You will be immersed in doing what matters to you and the experience of that. You are also much more likely to meet and connect with women that you actually do like an enjoy being around, because your world and activities you engage in are oriented around the experience of what matters to you and feeling that. There will be less and less bothering to think in terms of 'what women are' or what level you have 'achieved' around this subject that in many ways is not a real subject.

There is no point in debating it because when you experience it is very real, when you 'think' about it, it isn't, and there is no convincing otherwise. You can sometimes feel the energy of this when you are around people who are connected to it even when you are not. When you are around people who are disconnected and have convinced themselves why that's correct, you'll feel the energy suck out of the room, if you are at all connected to your body and what's happening.

To quote Buddha, who not only also agrees there is no objective meaning but that the very sense of separate self is an illusion, nonetheless says: "Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

The more you approach this as a feeling you connect to, and an alive, in the now type of process in real time, vs. something you find and label and say 'this is my meaning, I found it' the faster and easier the progress.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 pm 

Really insightful Flow thank you!!!
Quote:
Only your mind, whose purpose and function is to assign meaning to things, thinks this is a problem by the way. The bigger part of you does not, any more than a child playing with friends is concerned about the ultimate purpose of why they are doing that.
Great !!! I forgot that !!!

Quote:
You can sometimes feel the energy of this when you are around people who are connected to it even when you are not. When you are around people who are disconnected and have convinced themselves why that's correct, you'll feel the energy suck out of the room, if you are at all connected to your body and what's happening.
Yes , I totally understand what you are saying ...
Quote:
The more you approach this as a feeling you connect to, and an alive, in the now type of process in real time, vs. something you find and label and say 'this is my meaning, I found it' the faster and easier the progress.
Need deprogramming ...When I grasped the idea behind your post, I immediately label it as meaning ,not on purpose... :x

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:25 am 

Quote:
"Oh thirsty one, the thirst will not quench, even if you pile on all the goods in the world".

- Guru Nanak (Japji Sahib, Pauri 1)

You're on the right track bro ^^, many more reasons too.

Now, I'd say there's certainly a meaning to life and especially in this human life we are blessed with.

Think about it, aren't we all just living like animals? Even an animal uses it's life to build a house (nest), find/hunt food find a mate, raise kids. And even animals have fun, playing around with their friends/siblings etc.

^^ All these things humans do too. Furthermore, we have 9 "doors" (2 ears, 2 nostrils, 2 eyes, 1 mouth and 2 below: 2+2+2+1+2=9), so does most animals.

So what differenttiates us from them? From the 8,4 million species? Simple, we've got the 10th door! And it's our turn to get out of this death/life-cycle, we have been trough all these 8,4 millon steps, now is our turn to get out!

How? Just meditate, and active your 10th gate. It's called the 7th Chakra in Hinduism, the centre of a 1000 lotus flowers (something like that) in Budhism (Flow? help please) and the God Head in Christianity (it's an arial, on top of your head, by which you are meant to connect with the One. That's why both male and female has such long hair only on their head, if they let it grow and why babies are born with a soft spot on top of their head. In the womb the 9 doors are closed, while the 10th is open. Upon birth it starts closing, so it's hidden and the others opens). You are meant to active it, and trough your 10th gate, you'll connect to The One, to The Force that's is all around us.

I agree, with Jared. Faith is hopeful at best and dishonest at worse, you are really just safing your bets. And we've probably all met these people, who are "religious", but there is somehting really repelling and hollow about them. It's because, they haven't really experienced the One and on top of that, they've downloaded tons and tons of "religion" into their mind. Can't really look down upon them though, I think that's how most of us came across, in our PUA-days, just that we had download some other material into our minds :P

If you ask me, do I have faith? I'd say I've something much much greater. I know that the One exists. How? Simply, because I've experience the One, in my 10th gate and then seen and felt it all around me as well, just like Neo sees the Matrix. I've seen my eyes light up, when I connect and as they say: "the eyes are the pathway to the Soul". And just like the Matrix, the Soul came from the Source and is meant to return to the Source.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm 

The gods that we've made are exactly the gods you'd expect to be made
by a species that's about half a chromosome away from being chimpanzee
.”

C. Hitchens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:49 pm 

Thanks for your answer GK2 .
Quote:
So what differenttiates us from them? From the 8,4 million species? Simple, we've got the 10th door! And it's our turn to get out of this death/life-cycle, we have been trough all these 8,4 millon steps, now is our turn to get out!
We Homo Sapiens (still an animal ) managed to rule the world , not because of our superiority to other animals . We were just capable of better communication with each other , which helped us establish better and more flexible teamwork . As a result greater in numbers teams than other animals , which may be stronger or even more clever than us .
(I would suggest watching this video especially the first five minutes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzj7Wg4DAbs )
Quote:
I agree, with Jared. Faith is hopeful at best and dishonest at worse, you are really just safing your bets. And we've probably all met these people, who are "religious", but there is somehting really repelling and hollow about them. It's because, they haven't really experienced the One and on top of that, they've downloaded tons and tons of "religion" into their mind. Can't really look down upon them though, I think that's how most of us came across, in our PUA-days, just that we had download some other material into our minds.

I believe religions are a fiction we created in order to bind more people into a common target . The man on the video named Yuval Noah Harari , history professor , wrote two great books about our past and future as humankind . I would firmly suggest you to look at them , great insight and in a simple language for us to grasp them .He talks about religions in the same video around 7:00.

( https://www.amazon.com/Sapiens-Humankin ... 0062316095 ) This one talks about religion and other networking ideas we have invented .
( https://www.amazon.com/dp/0062464310/re ... il_0?psc=1 )
Quote:
How? Simply, because I've experience the One, in my 10th gate and then seen and felt it all around me as well, just like Neo sees the Matrix. I've seen my eyes light up, when I connect and as they say: "the eyes are the pathway to the Soul". And just like the Matrix, the Soul came from the Source and is meant to return to the Source.
I did not understand . The One is a god ?
Soul is another construct in my point of view .
I do not believe there is anything like this in any human being .
Quote:
How? Just meditate, and active your 10th gate. It's called the 7th Chakra in Hinduism, the centre of a 1000 lotus flowers (something like that) in Budhism (Flow? help please) and the God Head in Christianity (it's an arial, on top of your head, by which you are meant to connect with the One
I practise meditation , but with no ulterior motive to achieve anything spiritually-wise . I have just observed that it helps me deal with my stress in a more efficient way .,not to mention how helpful it is for being more sensitive to sensations all over my body and gut feelings .
Jared wrote: *
.”

C. Hitchens

Nice one Jared ! ! !

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:34 pm 

Hank Moody wrote: *
Quote:
How? Simply, because I've experience the One, in my 10th gate and then seen and felt it all around me as well, just like Neo sees the Matrix. I've seen my eyes light up, when I connect and as they say: "the eyes are the pathway to the Soul". And just like the Matrix, the Soul came from the Source and is meant to return to the Source.
I did not understand . The One is a god ?
Soul is another construct in my point of view .
I do not believe there is anything like this in any human being.
My bad, confusing using that term with Matrix/Neo. Yes, there's actually nothing but Singularity (or call it The Force, The Source or God). Not only did everything came from that Singularity, expansion expanded within that Singularity. So when you see the code everywhere, that's the state of non-duality, making you much much stronger, since "you" (the "you" on a much deeper level) are then part of all of it.

Anyway, it looks like you're headed in a good direction (don't worry, pain is the medicine). Good luck! :D

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:12 pm 

This video at @5:45 from OP, Carl Jung is mentions "Maya [illusion]", what does that mean to you?

When and if you're (or anybody else) serious about this path, dvelve into this word. It's an antient one, with more meanings, "illusion" being one of them. And when you're ready, go to the source, I see the western teachers tend to mix it with a lot their own BS, simply so that they can sell it :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:40 pm 

Really long post , regarding the meaning of Maya! :ugeek:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(religion)
Quote:
Maya (/ˈmɑːjə/; Devanagari: माया, IAST: māyā), literally "illusion" or "magic",[1][2] has multiple meanings in Indian philosophies depending on the context. In ancient Vedic literature, Māyā literally implies extraordinary power and wisdom.[3] In later Vedic texts and modern literature dedicated to Indian traditions, Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][4] Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting "that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal", and the "power or the principle that conceals the true character of spiritual reality".[5][6]

In Buddhism, Maya is the name of Gautama Buddha's mother.[7] In Hinduism, Maya is also an epithet for goddess,[8] and the name of a manifestation of Lakshmi, the goddess of "wealth, prosperity and love". Maya is also a name for girls.[7][9]

Quote:
Māyā (Sanskrit: माया) is a word with unclear etymology, probably comes from the root mā[10][11][12][13] which means "to measure".[14][15]

According to Monier Williams, māyā meant "wisdom and extraordinary power" in an earlier older language, but from the Vedic period onwards, the word came to mean "illusion, unreality, deception, fraud, trick, sorcery, witchcraft and magic".[4][7] However, P. D. Shastri states that the Monier Williams' list is a "loose definition, misleading generalization", and not accurate in interpreting ancient Vedic and medieval era Sanskrit texts; instead, he suggests a more accurate meaning of māyā is "appearance, not mere illusion".[16] According to William Mahony, the root of the word may be man- or "to think", implying the role of imagination in the creation of the world. In early Vedic usage, the term implies, states Mahony, "the wondrous and mysterious power to turn an idea into a physical reality".
Quote:
In Sikhism, the world is regarded as both transitory and relatively real.[98] God is viewed as the only reality, but within God exist both conscious souls and nonconscious objects; these created objects are also real.[98] Natural phenomena are real but the effects they generate are unreal. māyā is as the events are real yet māyā is not as the effects are unreal. Sikhism believes that people are trapped in the world because of five vices: lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego. Maya enables these five vices and makes a person think the physical world is "real," whereas, the goal of Sikhism is to rid the self of them. Consider the following example: In the moonless night, a rope lying on the ground may be mistaken for a snake. We know that the rope alone is real, not the snake. However, the failure to perceive the rope gives rise to the false perception of the snake. Once the darkness is removed, the rope alone remains; the snake disappears.
Quote:
The Soul is imagined first, then the particularity of objects,
External and internal, as one knows so one remembers.
As a rope, not perceived distinctly in dark, is erroneously imagined,
As snake, as a streak of water, so is the Soul (Atman) erroneously imagined.
As when the rope is distinctly perceived, and the erroneous imagination withdrawn,
Only the rope remains, without a second, so when distinctly perceived, the Atman.
When he as Pranas (living beings), as all the diverse objects appears to us,
Then it is all mere Maya, with which the Brahman (Supreme Soul) deceives himself.
— Gaudapada, Māṇḍukya Kārikā 2.16-19 [40]

https://carljungdepthpsychologysite.blo ... H71nrixVPZ
Quote:
In the Samkhya philosophy Prakrti dances Maya to the god, repeating the process of the great illusion innumerable times so that he can understand himself in all his infinite aspects.

Thus the veil of Maya is a sort of private theater in which the god can see all aspects of himself and so become conscious.

The only chance for the creator god to know himself is when Prakrti is performing for him.

And this is despite the fact that it is his illusion, that it is Maya and should be dissolved because illusion means suffering and suffering should be dispelled.

One might say, “Stop your illusion as soon as possible, your illusion will make you suffer.”
https://jenniferlilla.wordpress.com/201 ... ng-factor/
Quote:
“She is the great illusionist, the seductress who draws him into life with her Maya-and not only into life’s reasonable and useful aspects, but into its frightful paradoxes and ambivalences where good and evil, success and ruin, hop and despair, counterbalance one another. Because she is greatest danger she demands from a man his greatest, and if has it in him she will receive it.” (CW 9ii, para. 24)
https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Co ... nd_Freedom
Quote:
We are all like this in the world. A legend tells how once Nârada said to Krishna, "Lord, show me Maya." A few days passed away, and Krishna asked Narada to make a trip with him towards a desert, and after walking for several miles, Krishna said, "Narada, I am thirsty; can you fetch some water for me?" "I will go at once, sir, and get you water." So Narada went. At a little distance there was a village; he entered the village in search of water and knocked at a door, which was opened by a most beautiful young girl. At the sight of her he immediately forgot that his Master was waiting for water, perhaps dying for the want of it. He forgot everything and began to talk with the girl. All that day he did not return to his Master. The next day, he was again at the house, talking to the girl. That talk ripened into love; he asked the father for the daughter, and they were married and lived there and had children. Thus twelve years passed. His father-in-law died, he inherited his property. He lived, as he seemed to think, a very happy life with his wife and children, his fields and his cattle and so forth. Then came a flood. One night the river rose until it overflowed its banks and flooded the whole village. Houses fell, men and animals were swept away and drowned, and everything was floating in the rush of the stream. Narada had to escape. With one hand be held his wife, and with the other two of his children; another child was on his shoulders, and he was trying to ford this tremendous flood. After a few steps he found the current was too strong, and the child on his shoulders fell and was borne away. A cry of despair came from Narada. In trying to save that child, he lost his grasp upon one of the others, and it also was lost. At last his wife, whom he clasped with all his might, was torn away by the current, and he was thrown on the bank, weeping and wailing in bitter lamentation. Behind him there came a gentle voice, "My child, where is the water? You went to fetch a pitcher of water, and I am waiting for you; you have been gone for quite half an hour." "Half an hour! " Narada exclaimed. Twelve whole years had passed through his mind, and all these scenes had happened in half an hour! And this is Maya.

Two videos that I found quite explanatory :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckgH_T8BUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69F7GhASOdM (This one from ancient Greece )

and a last one i forgot to add ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmZ_sNf2mE

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 am 
Site Admin

I'm guessing you are gonna enjoy this guy so much your gonna be so depressed you wish I didn't told you about his existence, no joke, this guy is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvJBGsyUEs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:47 pm 

Dali wrote: *
I'm guessing you are gonna enjoy this guy so much your gonna be so depressed you wish I didn't told you about his existence, no joke, this guy is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvJBGsyUEs
Thank you Dali ! :twisted:

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:57 pm 

Really long post , regarding the meaning of Maya!
Great, now I suggest going deeper, to the point that you understand what it means, actually experience it, see how it affects you etc.
Quote:
In Sikhism, the world is regarded as both transitory and relatively real.[98] God is viewed as the only reality, but within God exist both conscious souls and nonconscious objects; these created objects are also real.[98] Natural phenomena are real but the effects they generate are unreal. māyā is as the events are real yet māyā is not as the effects are unreal. Sikhism believes that people are trapped in the world because of five vices: lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego. Maya enables these five vices and makes a person think the physical world is "real," whereas, the goal of Sikhism is to rid the self of them. Consider the following example: In the moonless night, a rope lying on the ground may be mistaken for a snake. We know that the rope alone is real, not the snake. However, the failure to perceive the rope gives rise to the false perception of the snake. Once the darkness is removed, the rope alone remains; the snake disappears.
Somethings get lost in translation, this might lead to confusion. The 5th one is Hankaar (means Pride and NOT ego/egoism). All the five vices are part of the main disease: Homai (Ho means "I", Mai means "me"), so I-me i.e the Ego. The veil of Ego (Homai) is what is keeping us from experiencing the oneness of everything (just code, everywhere!).

And no, the goal of Sikhi is to re-conncect to that Supreme Soul, shedding the 5 vices is merely part of the journey.

And, acutally there is one more, the 6th one is Man (the Mind), since all the vices resides there. The Mind is bad, Focus&Awareness is f***ing awesome. Think about it, it's when Neo went from being in his head (the Mind), to just being (Awareness), that's when he could bend reality. And believe you me, it's possible in real life too 8-)

Dali wrote: *
A red pill:

Life has no meaning
That's what the Matrix wants you to believe, so that we keep running after Maya (= Matrix), to satisfy our Lust, Greed and Pride. Why? Because a person that is blinded by these things, can easily be controlled by the very same things. Lust? They've got you. Greed? They control the money. Pride? They can give you Status (in this fake world).

Deep down Neo knew something was off. However, it was only after Neo took a leap of faith, by decided to follow Morpheus, that he was able to escape the Matrix [being a student of a Master, has always been vital through the ages. I believe that is one of the reasons Kidd tells us to watch the Zorro].

Then he came to know Truth, and so he found meaning. He experienced Compassion and Love.

Following this meaning, he then got to actually experience the Truth, when he finally could see the Matrix (Maya) for what it truly is - all green code - and experience it all (!)

PS! Neo had nihilism too, you'll get over it ;)
.”

C. Hitchens
We are just posting random quotes, as opposed to actually speaking from experience? Guess I didn't get the Memo :)

Here's one:
Quote:
The blind are following the one-eyed, that is the state of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:39 pm 

Experience is a temporal condition.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:58 pm 

Experience is a temporal condition.
Sure, but that's the reality in which we are currently living, and will be living in for the forseeable future.

It will end when the great contraction happens, in whatever many billions of years (when the whole universe will collapse back into the Singularity, back to the 1), where time and matter will cease to exist :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 am 

De-glamorized :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:22 am 

:)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:05 pm 

@The GK2
Quote:
.”

C. Hitchens
We are just posting random quotes, as opposed to actually speaking from experience? Guess I didn't get the Memo :)

Here's one:
Quote:
The blind are following the one-eyed, that is the state of the world.

There is the One , that I still cannot understand or feel ... Maya tricked our brain and made us create all these gods and entities , an illusion of something pre - existing but still false through our impotent brain-filter . Am i wrong ?
The GK2 wrote: *
And, acutally there is one more, the 6th one is Man (the Mind), since all the vices resides there. The Mind is bad, Focus&Awareness is f***ing awesome. Think about it, it's when Neo went from being in his head (the Mind), to just being (Awareness), that's when he could bend reality. And believe you me, it's possible in real life too 8-)
How can I close my mind , impossible ... There are many stimuli triggering my brain and make me lose this trance .

I can understand logically , but cannot experience it ...What do you suggest ?

Jim Morrison