Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm 

Abstract

The underlying assumption in popular and scientific publications on sex differences in the brain is that human brains can take one of two forms “male” or “female,” and that the differences between these two forms underlie differences between men and women in personality, cognition, emotion, and behavior. Documented sex differences in brain structure are typically taken to support this dimorphic view of the brain. However, neuroanatomical data reveal that sex interacts with other factors in utero and throughout life to determine the structure of the brain, and that because these interactions are complex, the result is a multi-morphic, rather than a dimorphic, brain. More specifically, here I argue that human brains are composed of an ever-changing heterogeneous mosaic of “male” and “female” brain characteristics (rather than being all “male” or all “female”) that cannot be aligned on a continuum between a “male brain” and a “female brain.” I further suggest that sex differences in the direction of change in the brain mosaic following specific environmental events lead to sex differences in neuropsychiatric disorders.

--

A Concluding Remark

Evidence that the structure of the brain is responsive to pre- and post-natal manipulations and that these may affect sex differences in brain structure is not new (e.g., Juraska, 1991). It has also been noted that sexual differentiation may progress independently in different brain tissues thus enabling genetically and environmentally induced variation in sexual differentiation of different tissues within a single brain (e.g., Simerly, 2002; Hines, 2004; Arnold, 2009; McCarthy et al. 2009; Sakuma 2009). Yet these effects have typically been treated as increasing variability in brain structure and thus obscuring sex differences (e.g., Juraska 1991). I would like to stress that I claim that there is no “true dimorphism” that is obscured by genetically and environmentally induced variability. There are no “true” “male” and “female” brains out there to discover. The true nature of the brain is that its form is highly variable. This variability is created by the interaction of genes (on sex chromosomes and on autosomal chromosomes), hormones (gonadal and others) and environment, in utero and throughout life.

Publication: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3176412/

I find the claims of Daphna Joel highly correlated to the concept of yin-yang. The relative magnitude of the two forces in us and the subsequent balance between them determine who we are. Every one of us is unique and special but we can't deny that we are both masculine and feminine to the core.

Furthermore, two paragraphs of The Manipulated Man came to mind after reading the above publication:
Quote:
At birth, men and women have the same intellectual potential; there is no primary
difference in intelligence between the sexes. It is also a fact that potential left to
stagnate will atrophy. Women do not use their mental capacity: they deliberately let it
disintegrate. After a few years of sporadic training, they revert to a state of
irreversible mental torpor.
Why do women not make use of their intellectual potential? For the simple reason
that they do not need to. It is not essential for their survival. Theoretically it is
possible for a beautiful woman to have less intelligence than a chimpanzee and still
be considered an acceptable member of society.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:00 am 
Site Admin

+7.5 points :D

The smile continues.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:17 pm 
[ img ]

Source:
http://www.pnas.org/content/111/2/823.full

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:18 pm 

If this were true then why are girls succeeding in the classroom more since the educational system has been overhauled?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Altair wrote: *
If this were true then why are girls succeeding in the classroom more since the educational system has been overhauled?
Ask yourself how it was overhauled and what effect that is likely to have?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:27 am 

peregrinus wrote: *
Ask yourself how it was overhauled and what effect that is likely to have?
It removed any genuine merit to competition with participation rewards and encouraged emoting as the only way to solve problems. This sounds sexist but I'm not convinced that men and womens brains are hardwired the same.

Overall it's a way of suppressing outliers. If we're all special no one is and all outcomes will trend toward the mean. This consolidates power in the hands of the few who are the judges of "fairness and equality" and those who reject their rules.

I feel like I'm missing something you and zogler are in on but I cannot puzzle it out.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Altair: I note you did not reference girls or boys in your answer, only the whole group. Given your question related to girls, I find this curious.

How would the changes you mention affect the subgroups of the whole group?

To get more specific, how would those changes cause girls to succeed more in the classroom than before the changes?

Referencing your reply, some very old sayings : “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.” and "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." come to mind.
It also brings to mind what is called the 'crab bucket mentality'

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 am 

Expanding

Prenatal testosterone and gender-related behaviour
Testosterone plays an important role in mammalian brain development.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0354/c ... 3681ac.pdf

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:36 pm 
I feel like I'm missing something you and zogler are in on but I cannot puzzle it out.
I can be right or i can be wrong or in between or not at all..
Lets´s solve this puzzle togeter ; )
David Bohm wrote:
In a dialogue, however, nobody is trying to win. Everybody wins if anybody wins. There is a different sort of spirit to it. In a dialogue, there is no attempt to gain points, or to make your particular view prevail. Rather, whenever any mistake is discovered on the part of anybody, everybody gains. It’s a situation called win-win, whereas the other game is win-lose — if I win, you lose. But a dialogue is something more of a common participation, in which we are not playing a game against each other, but with each other. In a dialogue, everybody wins.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:38 pm 
Jared wrote: *
Expanding

Prenatal testosterone and gender-related behaviour
Testosterone plays an important role in mammalian brain development.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0354/c ... 3681ac.pdf
On Prenatal testosterone:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/posting. ... =9&p=44916

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 pm 

Design. :|
Plus I saw female students dress like sluts at the exams to get "sympathy" from the male professor so these females pass without problem these exams. :evil: :(

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:23 pm 

Be careful for that "intersex" theory, because in some pua forums one of their gurus used that as a way to explain (lol) his mental gymnastic why going with trannies make him believe he is going with a girl because trannies has "female brains".

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 pm 

I will have to ponder on this, the answer seems too obvious :geek:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:31 pm 

PimpDee wrote: *
Be careful for that "intersex" theory, because in some pua forums one of their gurus used that as a way to explain (lol) his mental gymnastic why going with trannies make him believe he is going with a girl because trannies has "female brains".
What :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:25 pm 
... educational system..
'Education is a sytem of indoctrination of the young' by Noam Chomsky
https://youtu.be/JVqMAlgAnlo

How can you do this while beeing indoctrinated (educated):
Quote:
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male