Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm 

Hi,
from couple of weeks I'm doing the so called fasting and drink only for 3 days the so called "snake juice" (water mixed with potassium cloride, sodium cloride and lemon juice).

Do you have experience with fasting?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
PimpDee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:09 am 
'Guide for weight loss' by Zahlix

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/com ... ight_loss/

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:49 pm 

I have experience with intermittent fasting. I went from 18% bodyfat down to around 12.5% with minimal effort with it. I'm pushing for 7-8% now after a few months of a break from dieting.

If you are looking to get real lean, then the eating window is crucial as you dip below your set point. I generally have breakfast about 8 hours after I get up.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm 

I tried intermittent fasting for 4 months and I enjoyed the experience!

I was drawn to the health benefits of giving our digestive system a break from digesting. In my experience my energy improved, overall sleep quality improved and I noticed the portions of food I ate decreased...I began eating just enough to get energy, instead of eating too much and feeling dazed.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 am 

TheDude wrote: *
I tried intermittent fasting for 4 months and I enjoyed the experience!

I was drawn to the health benefits of giving our digestive system a break from digesting. In my experience my energy improved, overall sleep quality improved and I noticed the portions of food I ate decreased...I began eating just enough to get energy, instead of eating too much and feeling dazed.
I definitely still feast, though. I generally have 2 pounds of baked potato wedges and a pound of meat for one of the meals.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 pm 

Activated Brown Fat = Weight Loss Without Diet and/or Exercise

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fu ... 18)30241-9

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 pm 
Altair wrote: *
I have experience with intermittent fasting. I went from 18% bodyfat down to around 12.5% with minimal effort with it. I'm pushing for 7-8% now after a few months of a break from dieting.

If you are looking to get real lean, then the eating window is crucial as you dip below your set point. I generally have breakfast about 8 hours after I get up.
how do you measure your body fat? i use the Electronic body weight scale which uses the resistance principle. This delivers only rough estimates..

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:36 pm 

http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

It's pretty ballpark, but as long as my waist is going down I know I am getting leaner. It's hard though I get hungry and want to eat more. I'm trying to stick to like 2500 cal

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:55 pm 
http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

It's pretty ballpark, but as long as my waist is going down I know I am getting leaner. It's hard though I get hungry and want to eat more. I'm trying to stick to like 2500 cal

my machina tells me 30% but your calculator is telling me 15%
I will stick with your calculator ; )

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 pm 

Can you explain better the eating window thing?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 am 

With intermittent fasting you eat within a specific window. Usually 8 hours and then fast for the other 16.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:53 pm 

I haven’t been as active because of the drastic change in my livelihood. What we were taught about fasting and starvation is false, but it also depends on said individual it can definitely affect people quite differently especially if they have physiological issues or deal with diseases that can have positive or negative consequences.

I have done both water and dry fasting and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience but because my current job requires for me to move a good bit, and it affects my blood sugar I can’t go past 3 days without consumption or issues with focus and energy go down the drain. You primarily supposed to be at rest when fasting.

It is the most natural and cost efficient detox I experienced, I currently save a good amount of money shopping for food. I am definitely recalibrating expenses and lifestyle to incorporate this more until I can get a better handle of what fitness goals I will pursue.