Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Aragorn wrote: *
If you guys like, he has a great interview in the link below. The first 30-40 minutes is them talking about the original interview that started this topic. Really interesting to hear him talking about what he saw during the interview and how frustrated he was at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ
I will suggest in future, to include the title , it helps inform the user as to what they are being pointed at..

Title: Full video: Jordan Peterson on the Channel 4 Controversy and Philosophy of "How to be in the World"

I say this, as even with your tempter, I was not tempted enough... The title would have been a solid easy sell.

The interviewer in the above interview seems to have prepared well and be open to listen, which is a radical contrast to the original interview. Compare and contrast.

This is a must watch, the dissection of the interview (0-32min), imho, together with the original interview.

-
I have watched that channel4 interviewer interview many people over the years, as channel4 is a uk main channel.. I have rarely seen her thrown like that, as well as rarely seen someone take her interview as well.
She is certainly well practiced and coached and has a big backroom team behind her. She can be and has been quite brutal in the past in interviews.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
If you guys like, he has a great interview in the link below. The first 30-40 minutes is them talking about the original interview that started this topic. Really interesting to hear him talking about what he saw during the interview and how frustrated he was at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ
I will suggest in future, to include the title , it helps inform the user as to what they are being pointed at..

Title: Full video: Jordan Peterson on the Channel 4 Controversy and Philosophy of "How to be in the World"

I say this, as even with your tempter, I was not tempted enough... The title would have been a solid easy sell.

The interviewer in the above interview seems to have prepared well and be open to listen, which is a radical contrast to the original interview. Compare and contrast.

This is a must watch, the dissection of the interview (0-32min), imho, together with the original interview.

-
I have watched that channel4 interviewer interview many people over the years, as channel4 is a uk main channel.. I have rarely seen her thrown like that, as well as rarely seen someone take her interview as well.
She is certainly well practiced and coached and has a big backroom team behind her. She can be and has been quite brutal in the past in interviews.
Suggestion noted grinus. Glad you enjoyed it.

As for the book, it's already on my Kindle. Haven't been this excited for a book since the last Harry Potter book came out :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:29 pm 

As for the book, it's already on my Kindle. Haven't been this excited for a book since the last Harry Potter book came out :D
I got it too, not planning on reading it right now. I just wanted to support him, I'm way more interested in Maps of Meaning but it's a lot more expensive. He's one of the few people I would never want to use "Google Fu" to find a copy of it out there.

I've seen parts of the interview. It's cool to see how much emphasis he puts on the shadow and that coincidently that's what I am working on.

"Weak men can never be virtuous"

Also are the new Harry Potter books any good?

His book is number 1 on Amazon now 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 am 
Site Admin

altair: you could start with the videos...

2015 Maps of Meaning Lecture 1: Introduction (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQOlQRp3gQ

I noticed it on paper was a raised price also... and def not time for any google fu

Aragorn: thank you for posting, somehow I had missed the outcry over the original interview until watching after you posted, enjoyed both videos.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:05 am 

Oh nice, thanks peregrinus. I've been going through his lectures on religion before bed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Altair wrote: *
I got it too, not planning on reading it right now. I just wanted to support him, I'm way more interested in Maps of Meaning but it's a lot more expensive. He's one of the few people I would never want to use "Google Fu" to find a copy of it out there.

I've seen parts of the interview. It's cool to see how much emphasis he puts on the shadow and that coincidently that's what I am working on.

"Weak men can never be virtuous"

Also are the new Harry Potter books any good?

His book is number 1 on Amazon now 8-)
He shared this book by himslef, digitally on researchgate on 2014 so no need to worry about doing a Google Fu... He actually wants you to read it. :D

I noted that I don't read so much the books that are digital, I prefer the physical ones, but some of them are hard as hell to find them, and at a good price also.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm 
'Jordan Peterson is not your friend' by Whisper

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/com ... ur_friend/

-------
Rollo Tomassi wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware of all of JBPs positions on everything. I'm also well aware that he married a woman who he's said on many occasions that he said he would marry at 8y.o. He's a great thinker and very Red Pill on many subjects, on women he's very Blue Pill.

It’s painfully obvious JBP is very Blue Pill with regard to women from lack of personal experience. It’s like listening to a pastor telling you how women and sex are who’s wife he met at church camp and she’s the only woman he’s ever had sex with.
https://twitter.com/alpharivelino/statu ... 0585629696

Rollo Tomassi on Jordan Peterson

https://youtu.be/5IYfg1CGc04

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:15 pm 

Yeah he's got gaps, chinks in his armor, like most peeps. (first 2 min 16sec)

"Depends on what you mean by 'Jesus' " LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZHf05gCY74

Disciplined logic and reason adhere to the dictionary definitions of words.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:37 pm 
Jared wrote: *
Disciplined logic and reason adhere to the dictionary definitions of words.
8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 pm 
Midas wrote: *
'Jordan Peterson is not your friend' by Whisper

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/com ... ur_friend/

-------
Rollo Tomassi wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware of all of JBPs positions on everything. I'm also well aware that he married a woman who he's said on many occasions that he said he would marry at 8y.o. He's a great thinker and very Red Pill on many subjects, on women he's very Blue Pill.

It’s painfully obvious JBP is very Blue Pill with regard to women from lack of personal experience. It’s like listening to a pastor telling you how women and sex are who’s wife he met at church camp and she’s the only woman he’s ever had sex with.
https://twitter.com/alpharivelino/statu ... 0585629696

Rollo Tomassi on Jordan Peterson

https://youtu.be/5IYfg1CGc04

adding to this:
https://youtu.be/JGrhpxJoarY

Group Discussion with Rollo Tomasi, Black Label Logic, Rian Stone, Enterpreneurs in cars, 21 studios

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 am 

Yeah, he has blue pill tenancies, but he definitely a step in the right direction. I don't think everyone has it in them to become truly red pill, and that's okay. To assume we must all be equal in our "enlightenment" is to commit the same folly the Marxists have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:13 pm 

Quote:
Foreword by Norman Doidge
Overture
RULE 1 / Stand up straight with your shoulders back
RULE 2 / Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
RULE 3 / Make friends with people who want the best for you
RULE 4 / Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
RULE 5 / Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
RULE 6 / Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
RULE 7 / Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
RULE 8 / Tell the truth—or, at least, don’t lie
RULE 9 / Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
RULE 10 / Be precise in your speech
RULE 11 / Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
RULE 12 / Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
Coda
Endnotes
Acknowledgements
Follow Penguin
Intriguing to say the least.
Will read it soon I think.
Thanks for the recommendation, so far liking this guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:03 pm 
GoldenBoy wrote: *
Quote:
Foreword by Norman Doidge
Overture
RULE 1 / Stand up straight with your shoulders back
RULE 2 / Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
RULE 3 / Make friends with people who want the best for you
RULE 4 / Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
RULE 5 / Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
RULE 6 / Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
RULE 7 / Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
RULE 8 / Tell the truth—or, at least, don’t lie
RULE 9 / Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
RULE 10 / Be precise in your speech
RULE 11 / Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
RULE 12 / Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
Coda
Endnotes
Acknowledgements
Follow Penguin
Intriguing to say the least.
Will read it soon I think.
Thanks for the recommendation, so far liking this guy

Only rule 2, the rest is not intriguing for me..
Especially rule 12, Istanbul is a city full of cats. I would never touch one of them. All kinds of disseases ; -)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmV-mXkfjK8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Midas...

Rule 11 is gold

GB - I would recommend it.. my first read through took around 11 days.. Waiting for the need for a second one to take hold, it will soon.. Not something to be rushed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

For some reason I have to post this here: “Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:51 am 

For some reason I have to post this here: “Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own”
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:41 pm 

Midas...

Rule 11 is gold

GB - I would recommend it.. my first read through took around 11 days.. Waiting for the need for a second one to take hold, it will soon.. Not something to be rushed.
Read it, and now listening the second time the audiobook (read by him).
Wow. Putting everything together, very detailed, life experience, down to earth.
He could be straight from this site ^^

I'm loving rule 4

Just to be clear. It is probably one of the most clearly explained book about taking responsibility for your life, and life in general.

Will probably read his previous book too "Maps of meaning" when I'm done.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote: *

I'm loving rule 4
Nice, I'd like to challenge that :mrgreen: .
I am attracted by 'maximum potential self'
as if from the future (via vision, by intention).

Book: Good 85/100pts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:25 pm 
blacklabellogic wrote:
At any moment, we exist in three states, our past, our present and our potential future.
https://blacklabellogic.com/2018/04/12/ ... e-trinity/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm 

Good article, I like blacklabel.

Rule 11 is also my favorite.