Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 pm 

Don't know how many of you know Jordan Peterson, he's become a hero of mine and has helped my life quite a bit. I agree with him on basically everything. If you haven't heard of him, he's quite active on YT and there are many videos to check out on all types of subjects, ranging from religious symbolism and post-modernism to how to live a productive life that brings you meaning.

A few days ago, he went on a cable news network for an interview (he's releasing a book soon, so probably a PR tour of some sort) and the anchor is ready to rip him to shreds for what she considers to be his awful sexism, racism, bigotry and support of hate. She obviously couldn't be farther from the truth, but watching him calmly sit there and debate her (and even seem to enjoy it!) is an amazing watch.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:06 am 

His patience is amazing. I lost count of how many times she tried to attribute things to him he didn't say

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 am 

What an intelligent man! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 pm 

Gonzo wrote: *
What an intelligent man! :D
In the high 150

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 pm 

God this man is smart.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

I do love it when the interviewer asks him: "What's in it for women?"

also when he stops her and says 'I am very, very, very careful with my words' and she completely ignores what he meant :)

Throughout the whole, she is projecting all over him... Like a faucet...

I've edited this post way too many times already.. He does a great read of her starting around 10:20 and it hit home. 15:20

The bit at 22:10 :)))))))
- Aragorn, Thanks for posting this video

I remember seeing a video of him:

An incendiary discussion at Ryerson University
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABa4RdNPxU

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *

I remember seeing a video of him:

An incendiary discussion at Ryerson University
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABa4RdNPxU
I saw that vid earlier

"A word means just what I choose it to mean," says Humpty Dumpty in Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass.

Disciplined logic and reason adhere to the dictionary definitions of words.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Jared wrote: *
"A word means just what I choose it to mean," says Humpty Dumpty in Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass.

Disciplined logic and reason adhere to the dictionary definitions of words.
Indeed

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm 

He’s definitely worked this! I see he knew to maneuver around her bullshit he is a master of his craft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm 

She kinda liked him near the end

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 am 

I'm really curious to see how things play out with U of T. They must be facing enormous pressure to fire him, but financially he's already set for life. Also, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point. If they strike him down it will truly be an Obi-Wan type moment. :geek:

Also, look at how the news has been spinning the talk in their favour.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 pm 

I’ve been watching this guys videos and I need to see if he’s wrote books or is taking apprenticeship. He’s got this thing down!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 am 

a
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
lobster.jpg [ 216.78 KiB | Viewed 18854 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 am 

After he realized he can reach more people via Youtube than he ever could at university, I doubt he cares whether they fire him. And the reception to him has been overwhelmingly.

He's long said that he deems the most important thing in this world is to speak the truth, even if it's frightening. The man has principles, has an amazingly high IQ (he's said around 150 like Jared mentioned), and wants to stop the spread of corrupt progressivism and marxism. The man is the hero we need and I couldn't be happier that he's getting exposure.

And to think, it started with a video of him being verbally assaulted by LGBT activists that THEY posted online, thinking it was their "gotcha" moment.

BTW, the feminist playbook has been activated - Channel 4 has announced that they needed to hire a security team due to threats made by "Peterson's trolls" and that she feels unsafe. Be aggressive until somebody outmaneuvers you, then play the victim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm 

Aragorn wrote: *
He's long said that he deems the most important thing in this world is to speak the truth, even if it's frightening.
Now that's a man I could have a good conversation with

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

@22:57 aaaand that is when her circuits were fried.

And that's the delayed effect that grinus pointed at @22:10

Check that he is not condescending with her, it rarely happens (well only a little if you can spot it :ugeek: ) he is allowing her to fully be, {insert some female emotion}, and that certainly has an effect on her, on a much more deeper level than the superficual "arguments and logic" as we can attest in this "debate" 8-) He is just standing like a tree or a rock withsanding in the HER storm of emotions masqarading as logic, important: he doesn't let get carried over her emotions, and she appreciates his strong masculine, even if she's trying like hell to hide it. That's why she is discombambulated at that time.

I'm not saying females are not capable of logical arguments, is just that they almost certainly loose ground because of her emotions or her "femaleness" take over, and they love it.

Glorious.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm 

If you guys like, he has a great interview in the link below. The first 30-40 minutes is them talking about the original interview that started this topic. Really interesting to hear him talking about what he saw during the interview and how frustrated he was at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:05 pm 

Aragorn wrote: *
If you guys like, he has a great interview in the link below. The first 30-40 minutes is them talking about the original interview that started this topic. Really interesting to hear him talking about what he saw during the interview and how frustrated he was at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ
I've never read Jung really before, but it sounds like it's much more complex that I thought it was. I'll have to dive into it more when I get some free time. I'm watching his stuff on the origin of religion now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:48 am 

Looks like I'm getting the book (12 Rules for Life: an Antidote to Chaos)

Quote:
Chaordic

adjective
(of a system, organization, or natural process) governed by or combining elements of both chaos and order

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

Jared wrote: *
Looks like I'm getting the book (12 Rules for Life: an Antidote to Chaos)
Love the word, quite appropriate.

Thanks for the prod, Somehow I had assumed the book was 'upcoming' because of all the press about him doing this tour to promote it.. Seems it is already available, on amazon uk(16 Jan) and amazon us (23 Jan).