Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:51 pm 

So, as I've mentioned, lately I've gotten into a religion and it's called Sikhism (Sikhi). It brings a two-part message, both spiritual and political, alongside meditations/prayers that are immensely powerful.

I believe it will resonate with many here, so take a look.

Videoes

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:04 pm 

Jared wrote:
The GK2 wrote:
I have been becoming more religious, and that is a major reason for the change of heart (more on that some other time).
Love letters to RichardDawkins :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7607YiBso
I've got plenty of youtube videoes as well :D

Sikhi and Atheists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZzKXVO-ik

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:19 pm 

Hey I know this guy, I watched some muslim vs sikh discussion with him, was kinda interesting.
I enjoy watching these videos, it's kind of like enjoying a kind of music.
Sikhism is cool, why not

Even though the truth is completely out of any religion

Oh hey in the second video at 3:30 nice asian bitch walking around the camera

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:48 pm 

http://bactra.org/Dawkins/viruses-of-the-mind.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:42 pm 

Jared wrote:
Yes, that it's a danger and that signifies the importance of having good virtues, as the famous quote goes: "all it takes for evil to prevail, is for good people to do nothing". There is no religion, there are only people. Some are closer to the truth and some are further away.

Sikhi is actually not a religion (which is a western term), but rather a dharma (http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Dharma). For instance, there are several daily prayers/meditations that are required, and which will make you a better person.

The ideal to strive for is Saintly Warrior (there are actually many similarities w/ the Jedi Knights to the point that I suspect they might have been inspired by the Sikhs).

"Saintly" comes before "warrior" to signify that before anything else, you have to become one with the truth.

We have to fight the ego, which consists of the the five evils:
• Kam (Lust)
• Krodh (Anger)
• Lobh (Greed)
• Moh (Attachment)
• Ahankar (Pride).

And also develop the five virtues:
• Sat (Truth)
• Santokh (Contentment)
• Daya (Compassion)
• Nimrata (Humility)
• Pyare (Love).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:52 pm 

All that is necessary is a curiosity and attraction to truth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:29 pm 

Jared wrote:
What is the truth according to you then?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:38 pm 

The GK2 wrote:
Jared wrote:
(Every description/story about a thing is what a thing is not.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:40 pm 

The GK2 wrote:
Jared wrote:
What is actually happening inside of your universe? What is the actual, direct experience of what you label "attachment" or "lust" or anything else- what are the sensations, thoughts, do you resist them, do you welcome them? Who is the 'you' that welcomes or resists them, what is narrating and judging the experience? Who is it or what is it, exactly, that is fighting the ego? Can you find that thing that is fighting the ego, is that the real you, or is that an illusory separation, the mind and ego separating experience into right/wrong, good/evil and convincing you it is fighting while actually sustaining itself indefinitely?

Who and what are you, and what is really going on?

What way is there to know, other than to look directly? How could anyone but you actually answer that? Not thru logic, but through direct experience? No matter how much education and ritual you receive about what an apple tastes like, no matter what steps you follow, you will never ever know the truth of an apple until you taste it - and that experience cannot be put into words. If your desire is to truly taste the infinite peace of reality then the curiosity and attraction will lead you towards it.

"The primary task of any good spiritual teaching is not to answer your questions, but to question your answers." - Adyashanti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:18 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
What is actually happening inside of your universe? What is the actual, direct experience of what you label "attachment" or "lust" or anything else- what are the sensations, thoughts, do you resist them, do you welcome them?
That varies, but in general "attachment" and "lust" has been diminishing while doing one part of "Japji Sahib" (which is one of the main meditations/prayers).
Flow83 wrote:
Who is the 'you' that welcomes or resists them, what is narrating and judging the experience?
The mind is doing that based on the updated wisdom.
Flow83 wrote:
Who is it or what is it, exactly, that is fighting the ego?
This is from Guru Granth Sahib (the Sikh holy text): "Ego is a chronic disease, but it contains its own cure as well".

And that is because if I decide to connect to God (and there are different ways), then that is my ego making that decision, but then
Naam (means connection to God) will eredicate the ego. Because Naam and ego are opposites, they can't be at the same place together.
Flow83 wrote:
Can you find that thing that is fighting the ego, is that the real you, or is that an illusory separation, the mind and ego separating experience into right/wrong, good/evil and convincing you it is fighting while actually sustaining itself indefinitely?
Who and what are you, and what is really going on?
I am a soul, which was once part of God. The goal is to connect and reunite with God.

The ego is the illusory separation, between the soul and God. By getting rid the ego, you connect to God, which is the Hukam (Gods will).
Flow83 wrote:
What way is there to know, other than to look directly? How could anyone but you actually answer that? Not thru logic, but through direct experience?
Vaheguru (God) and Guru can, because the light of God is in everyone and we are within God.
Flow83 wrote:
No matter how much education and ritual you receive about what an apple tastes like, no matter what steps you follow, you will never ever know the truth of an apple until you taste it - and that experience cannot be put into words. If your desire is to truly taste the infinite peace of reality then the curiosity and attraction will lead you towards it.
In Guru Granth Sahib (the Sikh holy text), Guru is seeing and talking to God. The Guru Granth Sahib is divided by music, which alter your mood. We are suppose to sing the praises, so that we can actually feel what the Guru felt and then see God through his eyes.
Flow83 wrote:
"The primary task of any good spiritual teaching is not to answer your questions, but to question your answers." - Adyashanti
Even if I do question, I only consider myself a spiritual student at best (sikh means student and follower, among other things). The Guru is not only here to show us the way to God, they are the way to God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:27 am 

The questions were just an answer to "what is the truth according to you?" - the truth is the direct experience. Philosophical answers and language to such questions don't really matter much, except they do their best to point to an actual experience. "I am a soul and reconnecting to God" or "nothing and everything" or "infinity in human form" etc. etc. - there are stock answers to all of these questions in all religions and philosophies. The experience of it is another thing.

Ever encounter someone who has all the answers about how women, dating and sexuality work, and they cling to it, but it's painfully obvious from everything they are saying that they've never actually fucked (which you only know if you are fucking yourself) -? You just don't want to be that guy 8-)

All that matters is whether you use the practices, the community and teaching to take you deeper into the experience rather than simply adopting belief systems and 'knowledge.' Religion can be used either way, can be a great resource or an amazing hiding place. The reality they point to is what matters. Enjoy the ride!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:04 pm 

GK

If you want to really see the truth, take what Jared and Flow said to heart and investigate

I'd invite you here:
http://liberationunleashed.com/

This is a forum dedicated to guide people to direct seeing of the direct experience.. The truth

Basically what guys here have been suggesting, but in a practical way you can register, request a thread and a guide and have a dialoque where you will be guided to look at reality and check for yourself the beliefs that you have

Warning, this may destroy everything you believe in, including your belief in religion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:45 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
The questions were just an answer to "what is the truth according to you?" - the truth is the direct experience.
Let me answer my own question then: Truth is God.

Here is a passage from Japji Sahib, refering to God: "True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages. True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True".

God is the truth, as in being the only one entity, which is everlasting. All else will one day diminish. And that is why experiencing God is key (it's important not only to experience, but to actually know what to experience).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:53 pm 

The GK2 wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
The questions were just an answer to "what is the truth according to you?" - the truth is the direct experience.

Here is a passage from Japji Sahib, refering to God: "True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages. True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True".

God is the truth, as in being the only one entity, which is everlasting. All else will one day diminish. And that is why experiencing God is key (it's important not only to experience, but to actually know what to experience).
...and that's all that really needs to be said. :geek:

He's chosen his path guys...respect it. There are other posts that could use more attention than this one does. Leave GK to his enlightnement.

Godspeed GK (no pun intended)...good luck on your travels. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:10 pm 

The GK2 wrote:
Flow83 wrote:

Sweet. That has always been one of my favorite pointers that many traditions use- everything comes and goes, changes, lives, dies but whatever it is that remains is the truth. It cuts thru all the usual stuff we cling to.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:16 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG-nHuuCRc

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:57 am 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
GK

If you want to really see the truth, take what Jared and Flow said to heart and investigate

I'd invite you here:
http://liberationunleashed.com/

This is a forum dedicated to guide people to direct seeing of the direct experience.. The truth

Basically what guys here have been suggesting, but in a practical way you can register, request a thread and a guide and have a dialoque where you will be guided to look at reality and check for yourself the beliefs that you have

Warning, this may destroy everything you believe in, including your belief in religion
Lel i went to that page like 3 years before.
I remember Ilona. Bonnie and Elena.

There is no self. Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:19 am 

If they preach Love and acceptance and tolerance then cool.

(I don't know anything about Sikhism so I can't speak about it)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:51 pm 

.... And I am BACK... With my Lightsaber :twisted: :mrgreen:
Jared wrote: *
What fool told you there are several Gods?? :ugeek:

There is only:
੧ ௧一 壱 ᠑ ໑

... The Oneness of it all 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:55 pm 

Sniper wrote: *
If they preach Love and acceptance and tolerance then cool.

(I don't know anything about Sikhism so I can't speak about it)
LANGAR (feeding the poor since the late 1480's)
• Feeds 6+ millions each day, in India alone. All are Welcome, in fact, most are non-Sikhs!!
• Rich or Poor, Black or White, Gay or Straight... You Sit on the same plane & Eat the same food... yes, it is FREE!!
• Vegetarian food, so that everyone can eat it.

• Case&Point: The Golden Temple. The Worlds Biggest Free Kitchen... Serving 100 000 people, every day

Why Langar?
• Equality in Practice
• Teaches Compassion
• Langar defeats Hunger

The 10 Gurus
• The 3rd Guru gave equal rights to Women. They could now lead Congressions etc.
• The 5th Guru, was Tortured & Killed my Muslim Extremists (the mughals), because they didn't want to change Gurbani (The Guru's Word - Holy Text).
• His son, 6th Guru, didn't hold a grugde and even made a Mosque for the poor muslims in his town.
• His son, the 9th Guru, went even further, and gave his life to save the Entire Religion of Hinduism (the mughals were converting them all to Islam). How did The Guru save them? By putting his life on the line (3 of his sikhs were tortured & killed - not one converted - then the Guru themself were beheaded, in Delhi in 1675).

The Scripture
• The only holy Scripture that was written while the Guru/Prophet were still alive.
• Use a locking system: Not only UNALTERED (!)... we also know which Guru, wrote what!!
• The Gurus added text from both Muslim and Hindu saints as well --> Why? There are different paths to Rome
• Dividing in Raag (classical melodies). Singing them, you will experience The One

Last edited by The GK2 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.