Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Texting
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:01 pm 

If Flux had the same text convo as the one The Kidd displayed, generally speaking, it might have seemed like reaching because he laid it out on the line and wrote more than she did, BUT the difference is not only mindset but that he already knew she had done the choosing. When you know she's chosen, you can be straightforward. It's easy then. You didn't seem to have a strong enough gauge of the situation, nor what your gut was telling you. It never, ever lies! The amount of times I've sabotaged myself because I didn't have confidence in what my gut was telling me...

Accurate or not(to Kidd aswell)?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:20 am 

Leo wrote:
If Flux had the same text convo as the one The Kidd displayed, generally speaking, it might have seemed like reaching because he laid it out on the line and wrote more than she did, BUT the difference is not only mindset but that he already knew she had done the choosing. When you know she's chosen, you can be straightforward. It's easy then. You didn't seem to have a strong enough gauge of the situation, nor what your gut was telling you. It never, ever lies! The amount of times I've sabotaged myself because I didn't have confidence in what my gut was telling me...

Accurate or not(to Kidd aswell)?
Pretty accurate. Yeah, I wrote a bit more, but what you guys didn't see was the non-solicited risqué pics she sent right before I wrote that. :mrgreen:

In reality, I was merely reciprocating with words instead of pictures. 8-)

But yeah...she was choosing hard as FUCK :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:32 pm 

Leo wrote:
It never, ever lies! The amount of times I've sabotaged myself because I didn't have confidence in what my gut was telling me...
Um. Describe the sensation you feel in your gut when a women is choosing. Recently in my experience girls that seem to be into me produce a "meh" feeling. I'm rarely attracted to them.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:44 pm 

Flux wrote:
Leo wrote:
It never, ever lies! The amount of times I've sabotaged myself because I didn't have confidence in what my gut was telling me...
Um. Describe the sensation you feel in your gut when a women is choosing. Recently in my experience girls that seem to be into me produce a "meh" feeling. I'm rarely attracted to them.
Doesn't matter if you're attracted to them or not...that's not the point. :geek:

...and that 'meh' is your brain disqualifying them, not your gut letting you know they are on your shit. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:03 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:

Doesn't matter if you're attracted to them or not...that's not the point. :geek:

...and that 'meh' is your brain disqualifying them, not your gut letting you know they are on your shit. :ugeek:
Okay. I get it. I was gonna say I still don't know what that gut sensation feels like, but I'd assume it would be like:"I got it!/I know the answer!/I have this in the bag" mixed with anticipation(nervousness)?

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:32 am 

Flux wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

Okay. I get it. I was gonna say I still don't know what that gut sensation feels like, but I'd assume it would be like:"I got it!/I know the answer!/I have this in the bag" mixed with anticipation(nervousness)?
So instead of putting more of your attention on feeling more deeply into what you are actually feeling, training yourself to feel and listen more subtly - you make an assumption in your mind, then ask a question from your mind to see if what it made up seems accurate?

It's about as useful as imagining, trying to mentally solve what a food you've never eaten tastes like, and then asking other people to verify if "kind of like chicken but different?" is accurate. Bite into the food. Feel into your gut. It is literally the only way to know what it feels like for YOU. Also good news: your own gut responds a lot faster to you than dudes on the internet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:53 pm 

Flow83 wrote:

So instead of putting more of your attention on feeling more deeply into what you are actually feeling, training yourself to feel and listen more subtly - you make an assumption in your mind, then ask a question from your mind to see if what it made up seems accurate?

It's about as useful as imagining, trying to mentally solve what a food you've never eaten tastes like, and then asking other people to verify if "kind of like chicken but different?" is accurate. Bite into the food. Feel into your gut. It is literally the only way to know what it feels like for YOU. Also good news: your own gut responds a lot faster to you than dudes on the internet.

Acknowledged.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:03 am 
Site Admin

Flow83 wrote:
good news: your own gut responds a lot faster to you than dudes on the internet.
^^ THIS

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:16 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
good news: your own gut responds a lot faster to you than dudes on the internet.
^^ THIS
HELLZ YEAH :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:04 am 

More practice... A friend offered to hook me up with her bestie. She's cute so I didn't reject the idea.

Compare and contrast to the first convo in the thread.

Just because I text a certain way here doesn't mean I'm highly invested, thinking about this feels like more of a hassle if anything:

F: Hey ---! this is F, ---- gave me your number, I'd figured I'd tex you.
G: Hey! It's good to hear from you! What's up?
F: Busy working right now. Should be off in an hour. How about you, done with classes? I think ---- said you're in ++++ with her?
G: Yeah, we're both ++++ majors. I still have class til Monday then finals begin.
F: Man time flies. At least you'll be done soon. I wanted to ask you out, so we can get to know each other better, in person. How's your schedule look this weekend?

G:Not to good this weekend, but next week, I'm free on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon and Friday, if any of those work for you?
F: Friday is good. It'll be after 5 tho. Are your free to talk in the phone later?
F: on*
G: How does Friday at six sound, and where did you want to meet? I'll be out with my family so probably not, I'm sorry.

( Space - 20 or so min. Busy)

G: To be abundantly clear, I don't want or expect you to pick anything fancy, Casual and relaxed dates are much more my style.
F: Haha I get it. Let's meet at ----
G: :) Sounds great! Leaving with family soon and gotta get ready, I'll talk to you (hopefully) soon :D
F: Cool. Looking forward to it.

Right. Now I typed all this shit out because I'm not really sure what to do here as I never dated. I asked if I could call her in the convo because my friend suggested it-stating it would be better to get a feel for her on the phone then go in cold. I'm apprehensive. I honestly don't give a damn if I don't talk to her before we meet. But I'm not sure how that looks? I probably check up on her once but...What do you guys normally do?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:04 am 
Site Admin

Flux wrote: *
F: I wanted to ask you out, so we can get to know each other better, in person. How's your schedule look this weekend?
F: Friday is good. It'll be after 5 tho. Are your free to talk in the phone later?
F: Haha I get it. Let's meet at ----
Very interesting...

There is definitely some investment on her side already.
And she is pushing..

I honestly don't give a damn if I don't talk to her before we meet. But I'm not sure how that looks?
Why does it matter how it looks, it is how YOU feel.

Are you going to deny or dismiss your own feelings because of how it may look?

If thats how you feel, thats how you feel...

From reading the convo, I'd be tempted to go in blind.
I dont know all the details, but time on the phone beforehand can only really go against you..

That conversation/interaction is what would be the first meeting..

Your friend would call first in that situation, so advised you to do the same.. it might be nerves or something else.... you have to decide if that path is for you, or a different one. Be sure he has his reasons to suggest it, are they your reasons also? i doubt it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm 

What Peregrinus said