Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

This section is Readers Recommendations... If you find a subject/threads you wish to recommend make a post With links AND a brief synopsis OR brief comments with each link.
(please do not just write: check out these threads...) See this post for an example of how to post in this section
ALSO, this is the place to write about your progress, the changes you notice since you joined this forum / the impact / influence it had on you (different from your experiences and stories). Things that can help other readers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 pm 

I'm having therapy sessions for the next week weeks.

First session was nuts, I was talking about my biological father and my past with him. The shrink didn't say anything I didn't already know but the way he said it triggered some strong emotions, I nearly broke down in tears but I held back, next time I'll let it go and maybe finally I can begin to heal.

It's all that pain beneath the anger towards my 'dad', I finally tapped into it....maybe, I don't know, the depth of this well of pain seems infinite.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
I'm having therapy sessions for the next week weeks.

First session was nuts, I was talking about my biological father and my past with him. The shrink didn't say anything I didn't already know but the way he said it triggered some strong emotions, I nearly broke down in tears but I held back, next time I'll let it go and maybe finally I can begin to heal.

It's all that pain beneath the anger towards my 'dad', I finally tapped into it....maybe, I don't know, the depth of this well of pain seems infinite.
Awesome. I've been seeing a shrink too (going for my 4th session next week), the main thing it helps with is having somebody there to check yourself and stop the circling of the issue that causing the pain and have you go into it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 pm 

Kidd said once shrinks were a way to put you back into the matrix.
If used correctly they may be useful ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:48 pm 

fufe wrote:
Kidd said once shrinks were a way to put you back into the matrix.
If used correctly they may be useful ?
If you aspire to be anything, avoid them :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 pm 

I'd rather have some real mentor, who has gone through what I am going through, than some theoretical shrink that derives his (or hers) conclusion mostly from what they've learned or concluded from other people's experiences.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:14 pm 

Altair wrote:
I disagree, I'm fully aware that it's a short term solution and there's no chance of me being pulled back in the matrix.

I have emotions I can't access by myself and I've spent a long time trying, the last time I managed to dig that deep was years ago by random chance.

I saw shrinks as a kid but they did nothing for me, whatever happened to me during that session, I was closer to letting go of these emotions than I've ever been.

The sessions will run out and serve their purpose, it's just another tool for me to help me move forward.

I've had some fucked up things happen to me recently which I'll write about later, something needed to give.

There's only so much a person can do by themselves, especially when their attention is divided.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:17 pm 

Altair wrote:
I strongly disagree :!:
Altair, you don't have enough knowledge in psychology or on the human psyche, neither do you fufe..

@Alchemist
very good man I'm happy for you that you are getting insights....

Just remember You are the one doing the work facing your 'demons'. So you need to congratulate yourself for making this step....

a professional can help a lot but in the end: You are the one who is doing the work.

@Aragorn
awesome man

some people never face their demons you guys took action

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:35 am 

from the internet
Quote:
I no longer have faith in my psychiatrist.

Last night I saw him in a bar telling his troubles to a bartender.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:53 am 

I'm sure they do. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm 

Jared wrote:
from the internet
Quote:

Ok so one of them was like this

they are just humans :) they are not shamans like Jared

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:17 pm 

Naaah I disagree with that Altair. Who knows how much of it is influenced by my approach, but it's mainly me steering the session with her sort of either prodding me along or making me stop and think on things I never realized before. And taking it as one part of the "recipe to inner growth", instead of the be-all end-all magic pill sort of thing.

An interesting experience was me telling her an experience of a friend feeling bad because his GF guilt-tripped him hard about partying after we all got our Bachelor's degree. She blasted her pretty hard, which was unexpected.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:04 pm 

Jared wrote:
from the internet
Quote:

haha hilarious !!!! :lol: :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 pm 

I applaud you for investing the time and money (value) in working on yourself -- getting professional assistance and using it as a tool for your own growth.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm 

I stand by my original view. It's a business and they are there to make money for one. As soon as you're cured they don't make any more money. For two they're heavily influenced by the political correctness of modern feminism.

I've had to deal with them before. One of them was Phd level and couldn't contain herself from putting down her co workers behind her back. I had to do an aptitude test for school and they fucked up badly enough that they didn't even know their norms for scoring were shit. (They were discredited in a peer reviewed journal). Something like 23% of university students would score so lowly on those tests that on paper they would be classified as borderline not able to function.

Perhaps I don't have a piece of paper in psychology but I wouldn't take advice from someone who cannot do introspection on themselves. I have enough knowledge to know when I'm right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:34 am 

Altair wrote:
I stand by my original view. It's a business and they are there to make money for one. As soon as you're cured they don't make any more money. For two they're heavily influenced by the political correctness of modern feminism.

I've had to deal with them before. One of them was Phd level and couldn't contain herself from putting down her co workers behind her back. I had to do an aptitude test for school and they fucked up badly enough that they didn't even know their norms for scoring were shit. (They were discredited in a peer reviewed journal). Something like 23% of university students would score so lowly on those tests that on paper they would be classified as borderline not able to function.

Perhaps I don't have a piece of paper in psychology but I wouldn't take advice from someone who cannot do introspection on themselves. I have enough knowledge to know when I'm right.
There is nothing wrong with being shown something so that you might learn or grow from it. To learn from others' successes and mistakes is not weakness, it is being human, it is strength, and the strength that makes human beings the top dogs on this rock. Why are we so often afraid of the fact we do not know everything already or are unable to discover everything entirely by ourselves?

The two last statements you make are illogical. The idea that a or every psychologist is unable to do self introspection is pure assumption based on what appears to be a very limited data set. In fact I have read a few books by psychologists on that very subject. In your last sentence you claim to know what you do not know, because in order to know when you have enough knowledge you have to know what you do not know, it is impossible. Are you afraid of something?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:01 am 

I claim that although I do not have a degree in psychology. I know when to trust my own logic over what someone else tells me.

I know of at least one other person that shares my sentiment. If they work for others that's great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:22 pm 

Altair wrote:

1.) Them making money doesn't mean they're in it to make money. I'd trust my surgeon to get my knee right (just had arthroscopic surgery), even though he made money off it and could potentially make much more if I had any long-term damage.

2.) You've had to deal with 2, not "them". Careful of falling into the trap of thinking you know about a certain demographic of people based on a few first-hand accounts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 am 

@Altair it's a limited amount of free sessions, not paying for it.

@Sniper just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean his opinion is worthless.

It's about letting go, moving on and accepting what I can't change.

I have emotional blocks and this is helping to unblock that so I can't knock it if it works for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 am 

Alchemist wrote:
@Altair it's a limited amount of free sessions, not paying for it.

@Sniper just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean his opinion is worthless.

It's about letting go, moving on and accepting what I can't change.

I have emotional blocks and this is helping to unblock that so I can't knock it if it works for me.
You are right,
@Altair, I apologize my comment was stupid and I deleted it...
I got overreacted but now I see how stupid my comment was

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:13 pm 

It's funny how I see where is Altair coming from with
Quote:
I know when to trust my own logic over what someone else tells me.
I'd say it like this, according to how it's happening for me:
Quote:
I know when to trust my own intuition/feeling over what someone else tells me.
Even tho this yes/no kind of feeling mechanism that I have (and it seems to be right) is in it's own sense logic too.