Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:12 am 
It's a small town, so people know each other.

I go to speak to a group of women sitting at a table after walking back inside the bar, which I had a cigarette outside of previously.

Three guys from a Master's program are dancing a few feet away from the table.

I know them (well have talked to most of them on occasion). This Indian guy, self-proclaimed, I didn't know he was Indian, comes up and takes a seat between me and the girls when I talk to them. It was nearly immediately.

I had seen one of the African guys put a beer bottle in the ashtray outside of the bar before he walked in.

They were definitely drinking before they came to the bar and were drinking while in the bar.

I on the other hand was drinking water because I had a few drinks at another bar in town.

Back to the story, he sits down in a chair that is not meant for the table. It's a chair that sits much higher than the table. :roll:

The girls had all looked at each other when I asked them why they weren't dancing. Apparently, his girl decided to be the ring leader.

He told me to have a seat. I told him that I would rather stand. After that, he stands up and gets in my face. He says, "Are you trying to talk to my girl?"

I've seen all of them on campus and thought they would be friendly. I was wrong. I answer, "no." Before I can respond and say what I was doing, he says, "you're talking to my girl!!!!!" Then, he says, "Do you want to dance!!!! This is an Indian song!!! Go dance!!!!" I say, "I don't want to dance. Are you really going to act neurotic?.....(edit: I remembered the 2nd line of what I said, but I don't think I said anything else)."

"What, you don't like Indian songs You don't like Indian people...(I forgot the rest of the disrespectful things he said in between the next sentence)."

He immediately says, "You need to leave!!!! Go!!!!!! You need to leave!!!!"

His yelling and escalation gave me a deep-seeded feeling in my bones to protect myself. I think for 2 seconds about how to do that. The multi-purpose tool that I found on couch had a 3 inch knife, with a blade that was adequate. However, it would take to long for me to examine it and use it.

My mind tells me that I'm too close to punch him with a jab (I didn't remember my boxing and think about the hook). I settle for choking him. I get him by the neck and start walking him over to a wall to pass him out and one of the African guys starts pushing me out of the bar to protect his friend after his friend breaks free. :x

Outside, the African guy is trying to calm me down. I'm done because the whole bar knows what happened. Apparently, while the African guy was pushing me out of the bar, the Indian guy had grabbed a beer bottle and was trying to hit me with it while behind the African guy's protection.

The African guy had said while pushing me out, "he can't fight you."

The bouncer kicked out the Indian guy, and everyone that I knew was trying to calm me down.

What I learned:

1. I have to become functionally stronger to prevent people that are trying to de-escalate situations from getting me hurt or killed.

2. I should talk to relatively unknown men first before I speak to the women that are associating with them because it will soothe their ego.

3. Weapons bring danger.

4. There are no protection mechanisms besides your own. I.E. Where were the police and bouncers when this guy aggressed me and made me feel unsafe?

5. Never turn your back on someone that you don't trust (learned this in the moment).

6. You can't always give space when you want to.

7. What is right is relative.

8. Martial arts knowledge only reflects its usefulness with years of practice.

9. Observation will save your skin.

10. Seeing through distractions are essential to observation, but you can't see through "real" people. Bonus points if you know who I'm talking about right now.

11. Take the long way home if you quarrel to diffuse the situation and tire the opponent if they want to re-initiate the fight (learned that in the moment).

I think that covers all the major points. :ugeek:

Edit: I forgot to mention the most important one:

12. A trick/symp will leave you dead in the street over something insignificant. I.E. a woman.

2nd Edit: post updated.

Last edited by Slim Titan on Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:23 am 

From where I'm standing, you were the one that aggressed him. (And all about you is aggressive, see your defense tactics, knife over that really ?)

Why didn't you leave just when he said "are you talking to my girl ?". Can't reason with drunks.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:28 am 
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aggress

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aggress

It's debatable. :geek:

See the definitions. I'll think you'll see clearer if you look up the definition of the title.

I crush an enemy completely if I have the chance. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:33 am 
GoldenBoy wrote:
From where I'm standing, you were the one that aggressed him. (And all about you is aggressive, see your defense tactics, knife over that really ?)

Why didn't you leave just when he said "are you talking to my girl ?". Can't reason with drunks.
Knife over what? My life, YES! :ugeek: I'm not acting like him. Do not conflate the two. I'm concerned about my safety and not the situation of his girl. :ugeek:

You're seriously mistaken if you're going to turn your back on someone who's implicitly threatening you because they are just waiting to get the chance to strike you down, especially if they have liquor courage. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:36 am 

OF COURSE HE WAS AGGRESSIVE, but you were the first to start a physical fight by choking him.

Maybe I forgot elements of your post indicating that he was indeed gonna fight you.
Quote:
His yelling and escalation gave me a deep-seeded feeling in my bones to protect myself.
Maybe this holds too much unsaid for me.

I will stop there.
Let other members speak.
Maybe I'm way off, or just I don't have balls.
My non-violence frame of mind might stop someday.

Peace.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Slim, you know the insecurities guys have, and you are beyond that shit.
So, why didn't you prepare the terrain by "studiying the guys first" (scope their insecurities, dreams, stupid behaviors, alpha poses, retard hierachies? etc, I think you get me...) and then gain a better position in their tribe?

"not just talked to them" [This does not generate supportive means to gain acceptance to a 'clique']

I reiteate:
It's like you are incorporating to their "clique" by talking to their "bitches" and they asked for a compliant token from your part... you denied, why didn't you wanted to sit down?... Is that a sin? Did you calculated, that, if you did it it made you feel inferior if you complied his request [indian guy]? How did he asked you? (I know he's drunk) but sometimes drunk people can be polite...

I think your scope was solely on girls. And this strung a big chord on this insecure fucktards, because for them you know what you are doing... With bitches...
But if you know, what I'm talkig about, You would be able to anticipate their moves. Not just girl moves. But herd moves.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:19 pm 

Interacting with those girls had a very predictable outcome.

Your not gonna come across very many guys that will allow you space to run game as a counter. :geek: . Theyre gonna go all cave man. It will be predictable and irritating. So that was your first mistake, you failed to properly assess your surroundings. If your gonna be doing things that will potentially draw negative attention to yourself, at least make sure you have surroundings that wont hinder you further.

When he asked me to sit, and assert his dominance over me. I would politely decline and say I was just leaving. Obviously still cloaked at this point.

When he started getting physically aggressive I would immediately create distance. Face sideways so you cannot get bagged and your vitals are not an easy target. If he charges in you can hit him with a quick jab in the nose, if he comes again he will be hurt and you will probably be able to land a solid cross. If he tries to bag you you can catch his leg and hit him with a cross. Or if you sense a fight is unavoidable, you can just be friendly like hey man, Im just here to have fun. I dont want to fight you...put your hand on his shoulder like your cool and then cross to the face and hook to the body (which will break ribs if done right) gg.

If you want to fight, you have literally seconds to finish it. And finish it to the level where they cannot get up. By then meat headed, dim witted bouncers will be involved and if they are restraining you and he pulls a knife....bad news. Consider some form of marital art that is based on gross motor skills like Krav Maga its easy to remember when you need it.

In all honesty though, him yelling like a retard would be enough to piss me off. Regardless of the risk, I would most likely try to goad him into coming at me. Even though, yes, in theory its not the greatest move. In practice, I know Id tell him to go fuck himself.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:41 pm 

"................................"

How to be a psychic detective

The wolf lives within.

A knife, or a calumet, hmmm

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:20 pm 

That you even thought of a knife after him just yelling at you is worrisome in my book. You don't knife somebody because they're angry at seeing you talking to their girlfriend.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 pm 
Dali wrote:

I think your scope was solely on girls. And this strung a big chord on this insecure fucktards, because for them you know what you are doing... With bitches...
But if you know, what I'm talkig about, You would be able to anticipate their moves. Not just girl moves. But herd moves.
:lol:

I can't tell everything without revealing where I am located, but I've been around their clique before now. I've actually hung out with the African guys that were there and the Indian guy. That's more than enough to sit at "home base" in a bar.
Altair wrote:
Interacting with those girls had a very predictable outcome.

Your not gonna come across very many guys that will allow you space to run game as a counter. :geek: . Theyre gonna go all cave man. It will be predictable and irritating. So that was your first mistake, you failed to properly assess your surroundings. If your gonna be doing things that will potentially draw negative attention to yourself, at least make sure you have surroundings that wont hinder you further.

When he asked me to sit, and assert his dominance over me. I would politely decline and say I was just leaving. Obviously still cloaked at this point.

If you want to fight, you have literally seconds to finish it. And finish it to the level where they cannot get up. By then meat headed, dim witted bouncers will be involved and if they are restraining you and he pulls a knife....bad news. Consider some form of marital art that is based on gross motor skills like Krav Maga its easy to remember when you need it.

In all honesty though, him yelling like a retard would be enough to piss me off. Regardless of the risk, I would most likely try to goad him into coming at me. Even though, yes, in theory its not the greatest move. In practice, I know Id tell him to go fuck himself.
Good points, but so far everyone is missing the fact that I was trying to create space and leave. A fight became unavoidable.
Jared wrote:
"................................"

How to be a psychic detective

The wolf lives within.

A knife, or a calumet, hmmm
There was no choice between violence or peace. :geek: It was about the level of violence that I was willing to pursue.

Then again, you've been in more fights than I have Jared.
moose35 wrote:
That you even thought of a knife after him just yelling at you is worrisome in my book. You don't knife somebody because they're angry at seeing you talking to their girlfriend.
Maybe you're missing that part about me not being able to move out of the situation. It's not about his girl or him being angry. It's about my safety.

If I admit that there was anything I could have done differently it may have been to uppercut his flapping jaw and threatening posture.

If I let him keep talking he Moose he may have riled himself into a complete frenzy and pushed me. There was a stone ledge right behind me. If I feel over then there goes my noggin, consciousness, and probably life. So, I'm willing to take a knife out for that if it's quick enough.

Keep in mind, I was only reacting to him. That's the only option I had, to react. I couldn't be proactive past the point where I talked to the group sitting down.

No one has seemed to recognize that illogical/irrational states of mind that this guy was going through and how they were escalating with little to no input of mine. :geek:

That's where my choice were severely paired down. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 am 

I missed nothing. :geek:

You would not have been in the situation you found yourself in with proper observation and analysis. Hence I mentioned the situation at each point after each mistake was made.

Guys like that are going to be very easily profiled. One given the information you gave me before anything happened, would fail a risk benefit assessment. Its an out of the way place, you went out of your way to communicate which reveals intent. Which also ties into the fact you approached to directly. It is much easier to keep everything non-verbal, guys are slow to pick up on subtle stuff like that.

You created the conditions for a conflict to arise. People are retarded we have to flow around the retardedness of their actions. If your properly cloaking, the chances of someone starting a fight with you are slim to none because they do not truly see you.

I also stated to create space when it seems a physical conflict is going to arise.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:57 am 

Can you take a beating without flinching? :mrgreen:

Brawling Parry is a neat skill.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 am 

Yeah Slim...your cloaking still sucks :lol:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:48 am 
Altair wrote:
I missed nothing. :geek:

You would not have been in the situation you found yourself in with proper observation and analysis. Hence I mentioned the situation at each point after each mistake was made.

Guys like that are going to be very easily profiled. One given the information you gave me before anything happened, would fail a risk benefit assessment. Its an out of the way place, you went out of your way to communicate which reveals intent. Which also ties into the fact you approached to directly. It is much easier to keep everything non-verbal, guys are slow to pick up on subtle stuff like that.

You created the conditions for a conflict to arise. People are retarded we have to flow around the retardedness of their actions. If your properly cloaking, the chances of someone starting a fight with you are slim to none because they do not truly see you.

I also stated to create space when it seems a physical conflict is going to arise.
Agreed on the first point about observation. I even mentioned that as one of the points of weakness. ;)

However, I do disagree with you on one part of what you saw and read into. It's even my fault. :P

I did not quote your second point about leaving, which I should have in retrospect because it assumes that I was not trying defuse the situation by leaving.

In fact, I attempted to offer him an apology through explanation of my actions. That is not fully fleshed out in my writing. I only mention that he cuts me off before I can say what I was doing. Even more so, I was not interested in any of the women, which you and everyone are still assuming because I was not clear in my initial post. It is a fair assumption, and it is my fault because I was not clear in the original post. I now see where GB was coming from with his first statement.

Also, Altair, I mentioned all of the things that you mentioned in your first and second post in my original post as my weak points in that interaction and what was learned.
Jared wrote:
Can you take a beating without flinching? :mrgreen:

Brawling Parry is a neat skill.
In the first fight I had ever been in, I took quite a pounding. The guy in question was even scared that I took so many hits and was still trying to get the best of him. He backed off and the situation defused itself.

Yeah, I definitely have to rededicate myself to physical well-being and defense tactics. That will allow me the upper hand to continue to cloak even when I sense an imminent confrontation. :lol:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Yeah Slim...your cloaking still sucks :lol:
We can't all be geniuses at this. Some of us are just a little better than average. :mrgreen:

no one has even had a good laugh at the fact that this guy's girl was just sitting there watching me choke the shit out of him while he was "defending her honor/virtue" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:08 am 

Quote:
no one has even had a good laugh at the fact that this guy's girl was just sitting there watching me choke the shit out of him while he was "defending her honor/virtue"
Cause that shit ain't funny...it's normal. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:24 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
We can't all be geniuses at this. Some of us are just a little better than average. :mrgreen:
I remember saying the same thing before. I would be reckless, and give zero fucks about igniting jealousy in others. After narrowly avoiding a 4:1 beatdown. It was decided that it was time to remain under the radar, not because it was a cool trick that was fun to use on people. Despite that it is, it becomes mandatory once you reach a certain level. That was over a year and a half ago, it would probably be 3-4 times as bad if I went out and gave zero fucks about other's jealousy.
Slim Titan wrote:
no one has even had a good laugh at the fact that this guy's girl was just sitting there watching me choke the shit out of him while he was "defending her honor/virtue" :lol:
It is funny, but as Kidd!! says....it's expected lol.

Also, I cannot be expected to deduce what is not in the story. Also, your still basing too much of your thought process on how a logical person would act. Instead you should be adjusting to each individual person, tailoring your responses and actions to make them do what you want.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:51 pm 

Very few people that carry a knife are actually able to use it.
Anyways, Isn't a baton more practical ?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:16 pm 

fufe wrote:
Very few people that carry a knife are actually able to use it.
Anyways, Isn't a baton more practical ?
.....and get weapon charges...no thanks.

I'd rather stay under the radar. If that fails I'd rather rely on my boxing training and convict conditioning (which gives functional strength).

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:22 pm 

Altair wrote:

.....and get weapon charges...no thanks.

I'd rather stay under the radar. If that fails I'd rather rely on my boxing training and convict conditioning (which gives functional strength).
You can get charges for a baton in US ? I didn't know that

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:54 pm 

Learning to defend yourself against another person (except for when he/she is carrying a weapon), especially in crowded situations with bouncers/bodyguards there ready to step in should anything happen, is nothing too difficult.

Takes under a year and it's an important skill to have, especially when dealing with a situation where there's potential for physical conflict. Most people don't really want to fight anyway.