Site Admin

panoramix wrote:
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 pm 

Leo wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
When YOU choose...you LOSE. :geek:
Quote:
The pimp is supposed to put himself in the position to be discovered by the ho or square broad. This position is mental as well as gographical.

Not only does the pimp circulate wherever women happen to be, but while making such forays he is continually conscious of his identity and image as a pimp. He reasons that he will attract the women he seeks by looking and acting like what he is, so that the women do the choosing, not him.”

From a mack’s point o view: Get ya mind right…

Go to to the places where the QUALITY women are, and one may choose you. Women are easier to deal with when they choose you, it cuts out alot of games. And when they choose they choose hard, ya dig

A pimp let’s the female choose. This way he retains the power. In the pua game the dude is choosing and chasing. She keeps the power.
Think i'm getting it now...

In this scenario the choosie retains the power, as it were. But is is working both ways, no? She may make the initial choice, but if I do not choose her (want to hook up or whatever) then she is dismissed. So even though the scenario plays out in the world like I (the pimp, which I most certainly am not but that's a different topic) am in power while she chooses, I still may be chosen ONLY by those I do not wish to be with. I'm really. actually, totally and completely powerless. I am just protecting my ego from the sting of rejection that I may get from chasing someone that does not choose me. Playing it safe is not true power, is it? Its a castle made of sand, as I see it.

I may be WAY OFF, and I understand that possibility, but this is my initial analysis of the scenario. The only other choice I can see is one of FREEDOM. Not feigned indifference, not an attempt to 'Tao of Steve' chicks because it worked for a fat guy in a movie, but real freedom and equanimity. It seems to me that in that state, even love can flourish without attachment.

Pie in the sky? Probably. Am I totally misunderstanding?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:12 am 

Yudansha wrote:
She may make the initial choice, but if I do not choose her (want to hook up or whatever) then she is dismissed.
No shit :roll: That's not what they're talking about though.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 am 

Now that I have been around a little longer, I would say this: We all choose, its just the order in which the action of choosing happens that is in play. If a chick chooses you, and you know she is choosing you before she tells you, you can operate with a tactical advantage. You know something she doesn't. You know she digs you, and you can now wield that power to get whatever you're trying to get out of her.

If you don't choose her back, you slip her punches and move on.

But if you chase one down that you choose, with no knowledge of her disposition regarding you, you operate blindly. She has the tempo, so to speak.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:31 pm 

Holy shit some actual wisdom on the pirate ship that wasn't redacted. :lol:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:41 pm 

That thread sleeps dormant in the bilge of that corsair though...
(10-16-2008)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:51 pm 

As long as lightsleeper is still on it, and there is still access to ancient posts of TK&G, no worries.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:44 am 

A thread's a thread ... if its interesting it has perennial value, no?

{
Thread.sleep(10*1000);
}

We'll bring it back later...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 am 

Leo wrote:
Evolutionarily/biologically speaking, it seems to always have been the Women who chose their mate, and the men who fought to be chosen. If that's still the case today, does being aware of this even put us in a better position? And will we ever get to a place where we are choosing outright,
If at some point in the future women will outnumber men by very large numbers....

there are theories:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... arted.html

not sure if it's true but it's not relevant cause it ain't in the near future...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:38 am 

Past any of our times who cares lol, we should focus on what is within our grasp. The things that are very real and tangible and are coming to a head.

Besides I'm not even really a big fan of evolutionary theories at this point. I have actually read cover to cover evolutionary theory books for example Theory of Evolution as well as a bunch of Richard Dawkins books...there are a few things that don't really add up.

Did you know that they were able to mutate fruit fly genes? And instead of evolving after many generations they reverted back to a default genetic state.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:44 am 
Leo wrote:
Evolutionarily/biologically speaking, it seems to always have been the Women who chose their mate, and the men who fought to be chosen. If that's still the case today, does being aware of this even put us in a better position? And will we ever get to a place where we are choosing outright, or are some of you actually doing this already as opposed to being a chooser amongst the chosen? Is it possible for men to become the choosers? Or am I way off base even believing that Women are the choosers?
To be truthful the attraction has to be mutual on some level. But your intent is what matters more than anything. I'm pretty sure your a living a perfectly square law abidding citizen and you want lady(ies) in your life. You want someone that wants to be with you as just much if not more than you want to be with them. So it's not like your only dating fat girls just because that what is approaching you. No, you see a situation and you want that situation to be you a part of your world then your bid in. However don't chase behind hoes blown up their phones or simpin' on internet models on instagram accounts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 pm 

Kidd's already got this on lockdown. Like he said, when you choose you lose, the only choice you have is choosing from the pool of girls who like you. I've proved to myself enough through setting my ego aside and doing experiments that anytime you step to a girl you're giving them all the power and since they always want something they can't have or have to work for to validate their ego (Remember, everything a girl does is for her ego), they'll never be attracted to you. Every chick I've been with has come to me by me being the bait, not the net.

Dudes getting their mindset right will eventually come to see that women aren't that important anyway so to try and "get" one you think you like because of bullshit programming isn't that big of a deal.

The best example I've seen that encompases all women is that Pepper bitch in Ironman.

If you observe her you guys know that her being nice stems from deep insecurity (Especially in the first movie, watch the party scene where Tony gets her a drink and compliments her dress). As a bonus, anytime the shit hits the fat like in Ironman 2 on the track she cries and has a fucking femenine spaz out, and when Tony starts exclaiming his love for her (Which I fucking hate that the writers wrote that shit because he's pretty tight everywhere else) she starts to cop a fucking attitude and then is miraculously "nice" and in love again when Tony makes her ceo of stark industries.

That's what a woman is, go after that as the prize? Give me a fucking break.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:11 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
Kidd's already got this on lockdown. Like he said, when you choose you lose, the only choice you have is choosing from the pool of girls who like you. I've proved to myself enough through setting my ego aside and doing experiments that anytime you step to a girl you're giving them all the power and since they always want something they can't have or have to work for to validate their ego (Remember, everything a girl does is for her ego), they'll never be attracted to you. Every chick I've been with has come to me by me being the bait, not the net.

Dudes getting their mindset right will eventually come to see that women aren't that important anyway so to try and "get" one you think you like because of bullshit programming isn't that big of a deal.

The best example I've seen that encompases all women is that Pepper bitch in Ironman.

If you observe her you guys know that her being nice stems from deep insecurity (Especially in the first movie, watch the party scene where Tony gets her a drink and compliments her dress). As a bonus, anytime the shit hits the fat like in Ironman 2 on the track she cries and has a fucking femenine spaz out, and when Tony starts exclaiming his love for her (Which I fucking hate that the writers wrote that shit because he's pretty tight everywhere else) she starts to cop a fucking attitude and then is miraculously "nice" and in love again when Tony makes her ceo of stark industries.

Hey Star,

Now I'm going to see the Iron man movies and observe... 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:21 pm 

I like the ironman movies, they're really good although I have to tune out that bitch when she's in the scene... but ya pay attention to her actions and why; you'll see insecurity disguised as niceness, being an emotional idiot instead of logically taking care of business, and a brat that's never happy...unless she gets a billion dollar raise.

Tony should have installed a fucking pimp hand in mark 3.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am 

Only the first 2...Iron Man 3 was hot garbage...and I hate that I can say that. It was really awful. :cry:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Only the first 2...Iron Man 3 was hot garbage...and I hate that I can say that. It was really awful. :cry:
I actually haven't seen all of the 3rd, bits here and there on youtube, but wasn't very impressed either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Yeah, a lot of people I know hated it.

I found it could be interpreted as an interesting take on facing your demons, though.

- He had a traumatic event (New York)
- Tried to cover it over by working overtime on upgrading his armor
- Still didn't solve the problem; was incapacitated by a kid in a restaurant reminding him about the trauma, and stepping into the armor didn't help one damn bit.
- Armour failed him when his mansion (home) was attacked.
- Went into seclusion, and after some more prodding (trauma brought up again) by the kid he was staying with, as well as circumstances not allowing him to have a functional suit available, he decides to fight back using only HIMSELF. No armor, no protection. Only his inherent qualities.
- What I loved was that in the final fight, he calls back in ALL his armors, and uses one, then another, then another, all fluidly - discarding them when they are no longer useful. I liken this to being able to switch from one personal quality to the next, not rigidly sticking with any single one as a pretense or cure-all, but as the flow requires, and all the while it's still HIM underneath, using them instead of the other way around. This is in contrast to relying on one carefully-sculpted persona (which is what the latest suit that kept fucking up represents, imo)
- Then he takes care of the shrapnel in his chest. A lot of people I know were pissed at this, but to me this just means he can now use an armor w/o being being dependent on it.

Just my take though.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 am 

roark wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Yeah, a lot of people I know hated it.

I found it could be interpreted as an interesting take on facing your demons, though.

- He had a traumatic event (New York)
- Tried to cover it over by working overtime on upgrading his armor
- Still didn't solve the problem; was incapacitated by a kid in a restaurant reminding him about the trauma, and stepping into the armor didn't help one damn bit.
- Armour failed him when his mansion (home) was attacked.
- Went into seclusion, and after some more prodding (trauma brought up again) by the kid he was staying with, as well as circumstances not allowing him to have a functional suit available, he decides to fight back using only HIMSELF. No armor, no protection. Only his inherent qualities.
- What I loved was that in the final fight, he calls back in ALL his armors, and uses one, then another, then another, all fluidly - discarding them when they are no longer useful. I liken this to being able to switch from one personal quality to the next, not rigidly sticking with any single one as a pretense or cure-all, but as the flow requires, and all the while it's still HIM underneath, using them instead of the other way around. This is in contrast to relying on one carefully-sculpted persona (which is what the latest suit that kept fucking up represents, imo)
- Then he takes care of the shrapnel in his chest. A lot of people I know were pissed at this, but to me this just means he can now use an armor w/o being being dependent on it.

Just my take though.
Not too shabb, roark...not too shabb at all. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 am 

Good teachers ;) .

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:04 am 

Star_Above wrote:

Just once...just fucking ONCE I'd like to see a mainstream H-Wood film that doesn't show a guy breaking down over a bitch.

I'm going to watch this though and see for myself, seems like pretty clever writing regarding her behaviour - intentional or not.
Quote:

Yeah, I had to say bye bye to a broad recently(after she had chosen) because she fronted pretty spectacularly. I stepped to her ever so lightly in response and got a response I didn't like. So, instead of pushing, I walked away; but the loss is hers since she stepped to me very hard originally and without any provocation on my part.