Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm 

The Pokemon Trainer wrote:
The lesser Evil wrote:
((sigh)) That's all find and dandy, but you got to step up it a few notches if you want to attract superior talent, bottomline.
Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as "overdressing". The people of this forum really underestimate the power of dressing well.
I don't and there is. :geek: My image is carefully crafted, I'm like a chameleon skillfully blending into my enviornment. I basically look like a modest skateboarder or snowboarding kid.

I have to be careful, my mindset, coupled with my clout means that, it is paramount to be cloaked all the time. Or the hate monsters show up in DROVES..you really have no idea lol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm 

This thread is the kinda rediculous and the shoes ugly as a motherfucker :roll:
Wouldn´t wear em even if I got paid for sporting those :lol:

Wear what is in you price range, what makes you comfortable and doesn´t make you look like you´re an actor in a broadway show :|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 am 

Those samurai jesns, are the truth... wearing a pair of the black shadows right now.

... it seems like you must be a member of styleforum based on these pics. I used to post on superfuture way back in the day so some of this is familiar. I've been a denim nerd for quite some time... best spot for jeans are Self Edge(owner is friend of mine), and blue in green over in NY(nice online shop).Some good brand are... A.P.C, Supreme(they have online shop), Penfield, Nom De Guerre, Engineered Garments, Eternal, Sugarcane... if you do a little reaearch i'm sure you'll find our own. Don't get a player twisted tho'... I'll flip the script and break out some of that stacy adams, fubu, lugz when It's time to check some traps.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:43 am 

Having a great sense of style has always helped me more than I would like to admit. Whenever I rock a nicely fitting dress shirt, wool tie, blazer and dark jeans, I get very little resistance from women when I approach them.

I have a great wardrobe and always get jocked heavily whenever I choose to consciously dress as best I can.

Dismissing style is plain dumb. Dapper it out one night and test to see if it makes a difference. It certainly does for me. And please don't go and dismiss this as being a mental and attitude thing. It's about getting the right foot in, making a great first impression. You wouldn't really feel as attracted to a woman who wasn't put nicely together when going out would you?

Btw, those shoes are fucking nice. I would so rock the tan brogue ones. I have a pair of Grenson's myself, and they do the job nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 am 

Nothing wrong with dressing up I will agree with Kidd!! on this I dress appropriate to the situation but I'm all about comfort plus I don't go out that much anyway so I'm not tripping.
The lesser Evil wrote:
((sigh)) That's all find and dandy, but you got to step up it a few notches if you want to attract superior talent, bottomline.
If they are choosin' you it shouldn't matter, I agree appearance is a big deal but not in the way you're thinking you do it for you but it tells others on how you carry yourself and how you expect to be treated IMO.
The lesser Evil wrote:
It's safe to say it will change people's perception of you... females especially.
Sounds like approval seeking to me :|
Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as "overdressing". The people of this forum really underestimate the power of dressing well

I totally get it when I step out with my co workers for xmas gathering they are usually impressed on how well I clean up. Golden boys quotes are more than enough reason why I don't need to go any further and Morpheus' alternatives are a better scenario when it comes to these broads that don't know how to act (for someone like me anyway),all in all everything considered different strokes for different folks, in the immortal words of Young Jeezy "get it how you live"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 pm 

Allright, I'm only 21 and live in a small city, so suit wouldn't "suit" well into this environment.. I dress up in my opinion good to the point that I havn't seen single person here with anything like it and sometimes people compliment on various pieces.

I got for example men version of this -This is extremely popular on metal concerts and shit, got compliments often there from men and women alike
[ img ]

Then I love Tshirts like this, they are costy here so I got only couple
[ img ]

My personal favorite is this - They've sold no more than 20 in czech rep, not making them anymore (they look better IRL, photo' got fucked up colours and there ain't better on the internets)
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 pm 
Quote:
Dressing fly is seeking approval?? No disrespect homey, but that's stupid. I hate to see what you think about working out, wearing cologne or driving a decent car. :lol: However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For a clown it could be seen as seeking approval but for an aspiring player NO, it's a necessity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:26 pm 
Merrick wrote:
This thread is the kinda rediculous and the shoes ugly as a motherfucker :roll:
Wouldn´t wear em even if I got paid for sporting those :lol:

((sigh)) Kids, you can help the sick but you can't resurrect the dead. There's always theses:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 pm 

The lesser Evil wrote:
Quote:
Dressing fly is seeking approval??
You must've had tunnel vision, if you paid attention I said
Resonance wrote:
Nothing wrong with dressing up I will agree with Kidd!! on this I dress appropriate to the situation but I'm all about comfort plus I don't go out that much anyway so I'm not tripping.
Dressing fly! 8-) I'm all about it when the situation calls for it nothing more nothing less. But from what I gathered from this particular sentence
The lesser Evil wrote:
It's safe to say it will change people's perception of you... females especially.
It seems you still care what others think of you that was what I got from this particular sentence. Where in the world did you read in my post that dressing fly is seeking approval?! :roll: If that's what you're into that's what you're into nothing wrong with that it just seemed to me you are doing it from a mindset that needs external validation that was what I gathered.

On top of this I had already said
Resonance wrote:
Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as "overdressing". The people of this forum really underestimate the power of dressing well

I totally get it when I step out with my co workers for xmas gathering they are usually impressed on how well I clean up. Golden boys quotes are more than enough reason why I don't need to go any further and Morpheus' alternatives are a better scenario when it comes to these broads that don't know how to act (for someone like me anyway),all in all everything considered different strokes for different folks, in the immortal words of Young Jeezy "get it how you live"
The lesser Evil wrote:
I hate to see what you think about working out, wearing cologne or driving a decent car.
Working out I definitely see as a necessity your body is your temple and must be taken care of. For me working out is a stress reliever, it also helps me summon up strength at a moments notice should there ever be a time for it, and I like to be comfortable in my skin not be a prisoner of my own body with constant sickness and illnesses, I see working out as a big deal actually.

Cologne isn't at all bad I consider it adding icing on the cake considering I'm already pretty hygienic. Driving a car... depends on the environment, where I'm currently staying at I would consider a car a headache at this point (plus maintenance, wear and tear) because its more urban and there are a lot of stupid drivers out here. If I was living in a more opened area then hey whatevers clever. If there is a certain car you want to drive because you believe you deserve the finer things then why not?! Do you other than that I have nothing else to add I hope this clarifies everything for you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 pm 

@Resonance try stepping it above what the situation calls for. Test to see what happens. If you dress up and you do it with enough authority, completely owning it, even if others around are dressed like shit, then it shows true character. There is a lot of power in this and I see it more as making a statement.

If you don't want to that's ok, but testing it out is very interesting.

@fufe I live in a small third world latin american country. The weather over here is tropical and pretty much hot all year round. People over here dress up much more than in your average town in USA. I have to say when I dress up, going for a trendy look, I get way more attention than when I try to go for a comfortable fit-your-environment type of look.

This also implies that I get a few stares and comments by people as to why I'm so dressed up, including friends and people who I know and meet when I go out. Truth is, all that resistance from others and comments go away the moment I own the fact that I choose to look good because I want to. I answer those type of comments by saying: this is how I dress and I like it. Immediately all the "why are you so dressed up comments" tend to turn to compliments.

@fufe: if metal rock is your niche I guess that hoodie is nice, but I find it fucking ugly. It would be interesting to see if you were to try more of glam rock type of style (dave navarro, lenny kravitz) and see how that works for you in that scene. I'm sure it would get you more attention than you do with those hoodies.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 pm 

Nah, these days I'm mostly with otaku comunity, my clothes is more than enough there (cosplay would be probably better but I give hardly any fuck about it), I never really attracted any metal girls on gigs, rarely any of the sparks interest
The few times I was in a club, mostly I wore a suit, got compliments but also "why are you in a suit in a club ?" it's not common here but I liked it. Got hardly any attention, but I never liked party girls etc so I gave hardly any fucks :lol:

and you said it:
Quote:
this is how I dress and I like it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:56 pm 

fufe wrote:
I never really attracted any metal girls on gigs, rarely any of the sparks interest
The few times I was in a club, mostly I wore a suit, got compliments but also "why are you in a suit in a club ?" it's not common here but I liked it. Got hardly any attention, but I never liked party girls etc so I gave hardly any fucks :lol:
1. Nice to know you begin to look at who YOU attract instead of the opposite :geek:

2. Focus ON actions (THEM speaking to YOU, and tone of voice) rather than JUST words. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote:
1. Nice to know you begin to look at who YOU attract instead of the opposite :geek:

2. Focus ON actions (THEM speaking to YOU, and tone of voice) rather than JUST words. 8-)
Thing is.. I attract none, or I don't see it. More probably the latter, because I rarely spot these signs - I'm ALWAYS right spotting signs watching other people interact and I'm ALWAYS wrong about signs from girls to me :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

The clothes posted are awesome, but the opinion that you need to dress up like this to attract "top level talent" is plain wrong. You should dress nice when an occasion calls for it, or wear those fly new Jordans when it's a look you like on you, but dressing up like the Playa Haters Ball when you're going out to the club reeks of insecurity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:51 pm 

fufe wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:

Thing is.. I attract none, or I don't see it. More probably the latter, because I rarely spot these signs - I'm ALWAYS right spotting signs watching other people interact and I'm ALWAYS wrong about signs from girls to me :lol:
Quote:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Huangbo_Xiyun

The foolish reject what they see and not what they think; the wise reject what they think and not what they see.
http://sherlockholmesquotes.com/
Quote:
'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'

Sherlock Holmes Quote

-A Scandal in Bohemia
How girls complimenting you, going out their way talking to you (even if you took it as 'insult') can be considered NOT jocking ? :( :roll:

There is something in you ruling out these signs when it comes to yourself, you know what it is, this has to be confronted and shut down, and you know how to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:56 am 

moose35 wrote:
The clothes posted are awesome, but the opinion that you need to dress up like this to attract "top level talent" is plain wrong. You should dress nice when an occasion calls for it, or wear those fly new Jordans when it's a look you like on you, but dressing up like the Playa Haters Ball when you're going out to the club reeks of insecurity.
Talk about projecting.

Truth is I agree with you to a certain extent. I am not an advocate of suiting up when hitting the clubs, because people there only suit up if they have attended a special occassion before like: wedding, fancy dinner, etc. When I go to the clubs, I always run into people I know so it's not practical for me to suit up. However, I'm not saying it reeks of insecurity, and if I saw a guy pull it off with authority, that would be the last thing on my mind given the social pressure to fit in and not overdress. It takes balls to do this, and people do notice when done with complete authority, meaning you own the fact that is how you chose to dress.

However, the simple act of wearing plain clothes, lets say a white oxford and dark jeans with a navy blazer, all of them with a very nice slim figure-hugging fit, is more than enough for me to get jocked heavily. Dressing "nice" for me means going a step beyond what the situation calls for, but not overdoing it. This is more casual-dressy (dress shirt, pants/jeans, blazer/jacket) than formal style (suit).

I think it's a great exercise to try out, even if it's just to expand your comfort zone. Go out and put on some stylish clothes, and just observe what happens. Most of my friends who choose to underdress and fit in, do so mostly because they feel insecure about being the odd one out, and not so much out of comfort. Funny thing is, since me and this close buddy of mine upped the ante when dressing up, now they are dressing up themselves and feel more confident.

This is shit that is totally in your control to handle, why not make the most of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm 

Great post evil! Dressing is extremely vital to success. Dressing well is one of the BIGGEST "fronts" you have. It's cool to dress how you want to and all, but it's best if you dress how you want with STYLE. The only way that I can see dressing a certain way as approval seeking is if you wear band shirts just because you want band girls, or if you start wearing Hollister in order to get along with the preppy crowd.

There's a reason why pimps wear custom made suits, gators, and flashy watches. It's because you only get ONE chance to make a good first impression. If you dress well the first time around people will see you as a person of value and they'll respect you more. If you had a briefcase full of money, which person would you trust more to keep it safe if you had to choose one? A homeless man or a man in a nice suit?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:46 pm 

[ img ] ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:54 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
[ img ] ;)
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:08 pm 

fufe wrote:
Allright, I'm only 21 and live in a small city, so suit wouldn't "suit" well into this environment.. I dress up in my opinion good to the point that I havn't seen single person here with anything like it and sometimes people compliment on various pieces.

I got for example men version of this -This is extremely popular on metal concerts and shit, got compliments often there from men and women alike
[ img ]
Fufe please... This ain't metal. This is some hipster shit. This is metal:
[ img ]

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!