Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Rare Book Alert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:22 pm 
Quote:
[ img ]

The best talent from behind bars breaks out in Zebra/Scorpio. Secret Techniques from the King of Pimps, BLACK PRINCE. Like magicians, Pimps and Players have an unwritten law among themselves to keep trade secrets within the fraternity. For that and other reasons THE BLACK PRINCE must remain anonymous. But now for the first time he reveals exclusively for ZEBRA/SCORPIO the techniques he used to catapult himself to the top in the most attractive and lucrative game in the world - PIMPING! There have been numerous books which offer the reader a sure-fire method of scoring with every gorgeous female who ventures within eyesight. THE BLACK PRINCE goes even further and not only unveils his secrets of seduction, but also his personal formula for getting HER to pick up the check - NOT FOR PIMPS ONLY! NO GAME, NO JIVE, THIS IS THE BOOK!
I have located two copies of this rare piece of work. I have requested a copy of the book from the two available sources. To my knowledge, there are only two copies of this book in country for distribution. If I'm able to get the book I will send the contents to everyone who replies in this thread or PMs me.

This effort was a long time coming.

Post subject: Re: Rare Book Alert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:25 pm 

Sure, looks interesting, I'm up for a read. ;)

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Alchemist wrote:
Sure, looks interesting, I'm up for a read. ;)
Sounds nice... I get in the ride too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 am 
Check your PM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 am 
Site Admin

Who's?

:? :?:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:48 am 

why Not? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:21 pm 

Can I get a copy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 pm 
It will be a week long wait at the minimum.

There is a slight chance that I may not get the book because it's coming from a library.

Some fucker could steal the book off the shelf, but I doubt that would happen because the book is so old and it's classified as fiction. Funny how mainstream society suppresses stuff it doesn't like by doing shit like labeling a memoir/instruction manual as fiction. This had to play as a factor for suppressing and killing the book's circulation life.

I'm working on other alternative routes to obtain the book if the library option fails.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 am 

I've been on the lookout 4 this one 2... RKD, you're the fuking man!!

Post subject: UPDATE!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm 
BUMP

I got bumped into the system's black hole like a motherfucker, ALA processing.

The book is about to die in processing.

I'm about to ask one of my cuz's whose close to the lending library to search for the book today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 pm 

Sounds good, could I get a copy of that too?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm 
Ok, I'm pissed.

The publishing company Zebra/Scorpio has merged with Kensington Books. Zebra books is now an imprint of Kensington Books.

Aside from the two copies at the library there may be no other way to attain the books. I'm about to call up Kensington Books to

see if I can get a copy. If I can't get a copy I'll ask to buy the manuscript and rights from the author if they still have the author on file.

The Black Prince author is anonymous. The last author I talked to that published with Zebra/Scorpio books has parkinson's disease and

told me he has not spoken with his publisher in years. I feel this is a common trend with the Zebra/Scorpio books published in the 70's

namely The Black Prince.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 am 

It's definitely not on their online catalogue, I dunno the chance they'd have of having an old copy somewhere.

What's the issue with the library exactly?.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 pm 
Update:

The Michigan Library is saying that they believe they don't have the book.
My cousin is going to call me when he gets to the main library to search for the book in their urban fiction section.

Edward Waters College Library has not reported.
My liaison is going to call the library to do a catalog and shelf search as soon as she gets the number.

I contacted the publisher today and spoke with a representative.
1. I left a message with customer service after I spoke with the representative.
2. I'm going to contact the rights department as soon the employee returns from sick leave.
3. I'll get customer service to do a check with the records department when they return my message.
4. If the information is available I'll contact the author personally.

I was sure everything would be smooth sailing as soon as I found the publisher and libraries holding the book. I was definitely wrong.
Keep your fingers crossed for the Edward Waters College Library. They don't normally lend even if they do have the book.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 am 

Your tenacity is admirable, I'm sure it'll go down well. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:40 pm 

I have a copy of "The Black Prince" and my version is in better condition than the one shown on Amazon.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 pm 

OUTREZ wrote:
I have a copy of "The Black Prince" and my version is in better condition than the one shown on Amazon.com
And you have plenty of time to scan it I presume, otherwise it's just torture to say it if it's that good ^^

At least give a review ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

This is becoming a nerd contest of who's got the better more impressive book.

We want read.
8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 pm 

Dali wrote:

We want read.
8-)
Nerd Definition :lol: :lol:

A person who gains pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people to be bothered with.

Often mistaken for Geeks, who aspire to become nerds, yet lack the intelligence, and end up giving nerds a bad name due to their poor social skills.

Non-nerds are often scared of nerds, due to their detailed knowledge, and therefore seemingly high levels of intelligence - and subsequently denegrate them as much as possible as often as possible.

Nerds exist covertly within the fabric of society, often choosing to 'nerd it up' in private or in the company of fellow nerds. It is for this reason they are feared the most - unlike geeks, who are easily identified, nerds can only be found out when casual conversation reaches a subject that they like nerding.
Geek: "I am a nerd"
Nerd: "Let's bash this nerd"

Nerd: "That'll teach you to go playing with my tesla coil"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 pm 
Dali wrote:

We want read.
8-)
Yo, I'm still looking for a copy. If it is a contest I just want to snag the entries. You feel me?

On another note, I am still actively pursuing the book and have reached out to larger commercial means to attain a copy.

From the research that I've done, it isn't actually hard to get the rights to book, and the rights to book are cheap. However,

the company that owns the rights to the book doesn't actually have a copy of the book on file or the edited and unedited

manuscripts from the time before the book was published.