Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm 

'The Manipulated Man' - Esther Vilar

Edit by admin:
for information about how to get the book, our thoughts & views about the book and Links to other threads in which the book was mentioned: please scroll down and look at All the replies on this thread...

Post subject: Re: Must-read book
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:12 pm 

I googled and found this:
Quote:
In 1972 Esther Vilar (a woman!) published a book called The Manipulated Man. It was reprinted in 1998.

Since she wrote the book, more than 30 years ago, she has continually received death threats from various women's groups
well if women hate it I must read it :mrgreen:

Edit: I found the PDF version (if anyone wants it by email pm me)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Matty wrote:
'The Manipulated Man' - Esther Vilar
Welcome Matty.

I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion and strongly recommend this book for others to read.

for others: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_Vil ... .281971.29

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:08 pm 

Wow 'Grinus...she shoulda called it 'The Social Matrix Exposed'! :o

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:11 pm 

:o :shock: , :twisted: that seems like a must read.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 pm 

if she wrote that book in 1971 that means that the social matrix has started way more early than I thought :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

I was first introduced to this book in the late 80's by a woman I knew, she was approximately 15 years older than me and gave it to me as a gift, she was one of the rare ones who would admit that she agreed with the author. Over the years I have returned to it again and again.

That was the first edition, I have had a copy of the newer printing ever since I heard it was available. They both sit proudly on my bookshelf in the office.
The Kidd!! wrote:
Wow 'Grinus...she shoulda called it 'The Social Matrix Exposed'! :o
Indeed that would be a much more appropriate title.

I am surprised you have not read this, or knew about it. Go read it now.
Sniper wrote:
if she wrote that book in 1971 that means that the social matrix has started way more early than I thought :geek:
Maybe now you will believe those who have told you so.

-

I am somewhat surprised that this book has not come up on this forum before. After searching I can see it has not.
This really really surprises me.

Not sure how it slipped through the net.

I would like to thank Matty for bringing this to my attention.

Now a note from our sponsors.......

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, GET IT, READ IT, NOW!

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:11 pm 

I love it...this validates everything I have ever thought...and spits in the faces of all the women who tried to convince me that I was paranoid. :twisted:

Death threats? Doesn't EVEN surprise me....she practically ratted out all of WOMANKIND. :ugeek:

EDIT: Just ordered it off of Amazon. I can't even remember the last time I sat down to a book...and yet I cannot WAIT to read this...it feels like this will be something to really set me free. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:40 pm 

Reading it now, this is great!!! thank you very much for this Matty, and welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:12 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I love it...this validates everything I have ever thought...and spits in the faces of all the women who tried to convince me that I was paranoid. :twisted:

Death threats? Doesn't EVEN surprise me....she practically ratted out all of WOMANKIND. :ugeek:

EDIT: Just ordered it off of Amazon. I can't even remember the last time I sat down to a book...and yet I cannot WAIT to read this...it feels like this will be something to really set me free. 8-)
I agree I have read the excerpt on this and Kidd you are truly right women do rule the world, but I won't let them rule me that's the difference, thing is a lot of this stuff I have read has been taught to me by my mother and the rest of society, I haven't been this amped about something like this in a long time.

like the kidd I will feel free at last ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:30 am 

Yes...I think this book will be the key to fine tuning my method. I've always had my hunches about the social matrix and got everything I got by flying blind and following hunches and such...and yet here is a woman who basically ratted out WOMANKIND so hard she's STILL receiving death threats.

This book will once and for all show me the Matrix...then I will be able to show every unplugged man how to thrive within it...of this I am CERTAIN! :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:15 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
Yes...I think this book will be the key to fine tuning my method. I've always had my hunches about the social matrix and got everything I got by flying blind and following hunches and such...and yet here is a woman who basically ratted out WOMANKIND so hard she's STILL receiving death threats.

This book will once and for all show me the Matrix...then I will be able to show every unplugged man how to thrive within it...of this I am CERTAIN! :ugeek:
And by a Woman... how enlightening is that?

Our trinity maybe? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:39 pm 

I'm only halfway through the book, but I have come to this deep thought:

"So man/I has to offer a woman many things - being more strong than her, being the authority in the relationship, offering her security... But what does a woman offer him/me, really ?"

I mean.. For long time I've come to found out that man has to do so many things - be "pimp tight", assertive, have the power, etcetera, which, at least for some time, take lot of work.. And women do not have to do anything.. At all.. Just present themselves somewhere and respond - And they don't have to wear "sexy" clothes and makeup often (at least here..)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 pm 

When I first started 'unplugging' my keeper, I asked her to tell me everything she wanted and expected from me if we were to be in a relationship. So, she laid out this laundry list of requests and demands...I did not interrupt. When she finally finished, I then asked her what I get out of the deal...she looked me dead in the face, smiled and said...

Her: "Me." :mrgreen:

Me: :|

I then promptly told her that was unacceptable and and asked her if that seemed fair. Of course, she replied that she had never given it much thought, and that all of her ex's just went along with whatever she wanted. I told her that if she was going to be with me, that shit wasn't gonna fly...then I gave her MY laundry list.

We just made a year yesterday. 8-)

Moral of this story? A woman will only be able to get what you allow her to have. Once you lose the fear of losing them, they gain the fear of losing you.

She is still a work in progress...but man, am I soooo impressed with her progress thus far! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
"So man/I has to offer a woman many things - being more strong than her, being the authority in the relationship, offering her security... But what does a woman offer him/me, really ?"
This is why I talk about realising your own worth.

You have so many things to offer, as a man, that you do not realise as you take them for granted (not you specifically, all men).

A question I ask of women is: what can you offer me that is different from other women?
What makes you different and worth spending my time on?

I also ask these questions to myself.

What does this woman have that will improve my life?
What does this woman have that will degrade my life?

On balance, would it be good for my life to spend time with her?

Ponder on those questions, they will provide many thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm 

I finished it. What a great book...
I'm so much more indifferent now because I now see very clearly how we were programmed to admire women while it's The Men who should be admired.

Anyone who was Rion's student or thought that the social matrix is something that only started in the 90's- well we were wrong. The social matrix goes way back....

Maybe what we are looking at now is version 3.0 but it was around way before the 90's. Remember she wrote the book in 1971 and she exposes the social matrix.
While the version that we have today might be a bit different it's not entirely different than how it was...

(That reminds me how Neo meets the Architect on the second matrix movie and he tells him that the matrix is older than he knows and this is the Sixth version :lol:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H85hdn9a ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 pm 

The social matrix has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. :twisted:

The furthest I can think back to is Greek goddess worship.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am 

more views and thoughts about the book:

on these links-

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=1372

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=1432

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=1819

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1826

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=2158

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2584

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2624

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 am 

I'm reading the book too but I have a question (maybe that one gets covered in the later book so if this is the case just tell me).

Okey, a quote of the book first:
Quote:
The other type of man, living only for himself, working only for himself,
doing first one thing and then another simply because he enjoys it and because he
has to keep only himself, sleeping where and when he wants, and facing woman
when he meets her on equal terms and not as one of a million slaves, is rejected by
society The free, unshackled man has no place in its midst.
So, Vilar describes what women are and what women want to be happy. She describes women in such a way as if their behaviour and their wants are part of their being.

Now, what we do here in this forum is working on ourselves to be the man that she describes in the above quote, right? But why should women be attracted to a man like that? Why should she when we don't have the qualities that she is searching for (from the core of her being)? We don't satisfy their materialistic wants and don't put her on a pedestal.

So, society tells her, her own being tells her, to search for a man with good means who does everything for her. Why should she be attachted to an indifferent man?

I lack some understanding here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am 

From what I understand, the man who 'provides' isn't necessarily what she needs, he may be a sucker.

But when you do YOU (ie work on yourself, for yourself) and don't set out to spend money and energy on women that would be better spent on yourself, that's something they respect and are attracted to.

It goes a bit deeper than that though I think.