Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am 

hey guys,

so I told you that while on vacation I was practicing what The Kidd mentioned. To train myself to switch from emotion to logic when I wanted to.

Before my trip I watched this short video and then adjusted what they talk about to practice how to switch from emotion to logic and back- at will.

after practicing this for a while I had more control and became much more indifferent when needed. That indifference is what really turned on the French girl ;)

go to the link enter your email and you will see the video: don't worry they don't send a lot of emails. I know the title says SOCIAL ANXIETY but it's not so much about that....

if anyone watches the video and wants to know how I used this knowledge for my personal goal, just ask (but first watch the video because otherwise you won't understand what I will talk about...)

http://www.trulyconfident.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm 

Thanks Sniper, this looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:39 pm 

Seems interesting, how do you "reason with the facts" He wasn't clear enough for me. Do you reject the thought with visualisation?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
Seems interesting, how do you "reason with the facts" He wasn't clear enough for me. Do you reject the thought with visualisation?
well I'll try to explain what I did and I hope it's clean enough.

think about this for a moment:

you see a beautiful woman, you have a thought such as : I really want her or her approval, that thought creates a chemical reaction in the brain which turns into an emotion- let's say:
now the emotion is 'neediness'.

But then you visualize or imagine that the original thought comes out of your head, if you do that correctly then the emotion is also gone and you are free\ back in the logic realm.

I hope I explained it well enough, think about it, try it....
takes some practice but when I did it many times it became easier to switch from emotion to logic when I wanted to (and I was not needy with the French lady and so I got her ;) )

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:11 am 

What about the emotions that come without thought?

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:26 am 

Alchemist wrote:
every emotion starts with a thought, there is no emotion without a thought first....

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 am 

Sniper wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
every emotion starts with a thought, there is no emotion without a thought first....
I guess then the thought for me must come so fast that I don't notice it, it's just pure emotion.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 am 

Alchemist wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
I guess then the thought for me must come so fast that I don't notice it, it's just pure emotion.
No.

Sometimes belief is enough.

But not only that - Sometimes instinct. Babies have no thoughts, but they clearly have emotions.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 am 

fufe wrote:
No.

Sometimes belief is enough.

But not only that - Sometimes instinct. Babies have no thoughts, but they clearly have emotions.
a belief is also a thought in a way, it's the thought\s that creates a beliefs...
the unconscious thoughts create beliefs

instinct are only for fight or flight - it has nothing to do with what Alchemist was talking about....

-Babies have no thoughts?
who told you that?
they do have thoughts, just not as many as us and they just can't express them..

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:08 pm 

I discovered something very similar today. I was very drunk yesterday and did some things whose memories brought up negative emotions of embarassement today. And due to my ongoing change, as written in detail in Kidds corner, I looked at it from the rational point of view and that its simply not relevant what others may think of me because of what I did. I then focused on being rational and I looked at the emotions from that point and the emotions didn't belong to me anymore. I still felt them and I made them stronger intentionally. Then I could watch and explore the emotion without identifying with it which made them weaker.

I think this is a great way of "observing your thoughts" as Peregrinus recently wrote.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Aztecsfinest wrote:
well I'll try to explain what I did and I hope it's clean enough.

think about this for a moment:

you see a beautiful woman, you have a thought such as : I really want her or her approval, that thought creates a chemical reaction in the brain which turns into an emotion- let's say:
now the emotion is 'neediness'.

But then you visualize or imagine that the original thought comes out of your head, if you do that correctly then the emotion is also gone and you are free\ back in the logic realm.

I hope I explained it well enough, think about it, try it....
takes some practice but when I did it many times it became easier to switch from emotion to logic when I wanted to (and I was not needy with the French lady and so I got her ;) )
Thank you, I tried it and it worked!