Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:42 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxVrBpsP2GU

Attachments lead to suffering.
Yoda says it best:

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 pm 

The whole pick up community is based on the attachment for sex and since it's a very strong attachment in this day and age, they make a lot of money...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:17 am 
He makes some good points. I liked what he said about how some people replace difficult or unattainable attachments for something easily acquired and how marketers take advantage of that. He talked about how a fate based view allows him to handle bad results better. The thing is, when I hear people say "it wasn't meant to be", it's usually some kind of rationalization to hide their hurt feelings. That kind of mentality tends to handicap a person from learning from their mistakes.

Thanks for the video. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 am 
Site Admin

The Heart wrote:
He makes some good points. I liked what he said about how some people replace difficult or unattainable attachments for something easily acquired and how marketers take advantage of that. 1 He talked about how a fate based view allows him to handle bad results better. 2 The thing is, when I hear people say "it wasn't meant to be", it's usually some kind of rationalization to hide their hurt feelings. That kind of mentality tends to handicap a person from learning from their mistakes.3

Thanks for the video. :)
@1:
This could be called avoidance.

@2:
This is what all the self-help mumbo jumbo books call "Optimistic" or, Postive Attitude.
Fate, hmm I have thought about this, but only a little. Since you don't know for certain how it is going to unfold any event in your life, and if you do want is wanting control, and if you become obsessive about it's dangerous.
How would you call the "non judgmental view of life" (I call it observer) And this is what detachment means, It's more or less like this: I just don't know, It just doesnt matter.

@3:
'It wasnt meant to be.'

I agree he used some 'femenine/passive rationalization', maybe the connotations and personal experiences behind this phrase is what bothers you.

If you allow any thought to 'cling' in your mind after the event passed. (A personal example: It did't work out with some lady), and you still worriying about what it 'could be' then, is more sane to think "It wasn't meant to be" but with the mindset of letting go the emotion still ruminating in your head, not like some melodramatic soap opera 'meant to beish' pussy rant.

Because rather as you experience it, didn't happned it cannot be changed, at least immediatley. In other words the event didn't occur as you <<expected, wanted>>, thus a false reality in your mind emergin, because you attached so much meaning to this alternate reality before & after the event occured. The what if pictures running loose.

Now, meant to be it's about <<destiny, fate>> again, is any of this things under your control?
So it doesn't matter how you label your experience of the event, because in the long run, (reiterate) It didn't happened. The only thing under control it's your experience/emotion of the events. Sometimes the surrender is more empowering than the non stop inquisitive mind, but again it depends.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm 
Dali,

In my post I was drawing from personal experience. The reason why may be because the self-help gurus utilize eastern philosophy or new-age thought. They're even called gurus. So a lot of people, in America at least, end up with a superficial understanding that's easily purchased and consumed. These are people I was referring to. Or maybe we can just blame it all on Oprah. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:37 pm 

@The Heart

the self help gurus are not really applying what they talk about most of the time. That's because they take some concepts from eastern philosophy and try to apply it on making money and stuff like that...while eastern philosophy is not about making money it's about the self...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am 

Sniper said it lol, most of the gurus don't know their shit, or don't apply it to themselves. Most of them have some kind of pending trial and shit, or the best is when they advocate lack of materialism but then own a multi-million dollar home.

There is a lot of value in eastern philosophy after you sift through it, I don't know about the positive thinking though. Its more benefisical to say fuck positive thinking. And keep the lessons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:03 am 

Yep! Real will ALWAYS recognize real...

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 am 

Well the best teachers lead by example.. And those gurus have never been much of an example..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:55 am 

Morpheus wrote:
Sniper said it lol, most of the gurus don't know their shit, or don't apply it to themselves. Most of them have some kind of pending trial and shit,.
No way dude are they being brought to Justice?. :shock:

Karma's a bitch. :twisted:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:21 pm 

Should they even be QUALIFIED as "Guru's" when they don't even believe their own teachings?

I believe in separating sense from Non sense.
I think one needs to understand that beyond dirty water is dry land. these "Guru" say a lot of stuff and they are the ones who make the most mistakes. some of us on this board probably was a bit agitated when the leaders of our previous chill spots began to show "cracks" in their armors.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:
There is a lot of value in eastern philosophy after you sift through it
I fully agree with this

People do tend to take it too far tho, as with most things.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 pm 

I know how is the philosophy applied in Peaceful Warrior, the book is better.. Do you guys know it ?