Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm 

We now know the theory behind not wanting/needing (we also know that some call it wanting and the others needing but both mean the same). Thanks to Midnight who brought it back in a grand scale :)

We know what it does, we know how necessary it is to become an authentic and happy man.

I guess everyone knows it in theory now.

But,

we really should talk about the practical side of it since I agree with some here who say that Mr.Marcus or Kindred gave too less practical information. I mean sentences like "just don't want" or "think about what you have to give" are good but still theoretical and not practical.

The very important (if not the most) question now:

What can I practically do to stop wanting?

What are your "tools" (I don't like that expression) to get on the right path to not wanting? What is the effect of it on you?

Give as many details as possible to make it really clear.

The theory is complete, lets complete this essential part of our development with the praxis!

Lets make this clear for everyone :)

My biggest appreciation for all of you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm 

Natural grounding didn't make me stop wanting\needing....

I'm using sedona method now more often and it's a great tool.

After I read Midnight's posts this week I started to use Sedona more frequently and I feel much less needy and happy now.
I'll keep using it because I now know that if I'm consistent with it, it really does work. :)

It also worked in the past I just wasn't consistent enough with it. :oops:

The only thing you have to remember is to be consistent with it (just like with meditation and other things) in order to see long and solid results.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm 

More details ;)

When do you use the sedona? If you have certain feelings or do you visualize certain situations to have the feeling? As I said before, I don't find sedona very useful because most of the needy feelings are not longer than one or a few seconds longer.

How actually is your "state" after you used Sedona, is the feeling gone etc?

Sorry for all those question but I really would like this topic to be pure gold with real practical advise and the required details how to get closer to "not wanting/needing". A golden collection that will be worth to go into the treasure chest when its finished.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 pm 

Consistency is good..

The thing about ridding yourself of not wanting is that you are creating another want by thinking this.

Honestly, the best thing I would suggest is to not worry about becoming unneedy. Seriously, don't put anymore energy into it. It'll happen by itself, be it by sudden realization or very gradually. If you want, you want. Observe it, don't put energy into it.

Another thing I would definitely recommend is traditional meditation. Preferably with LF, but if you're already good at meditating, then it's not necessary. It's handy because it teaches you to look inward and changes your nueral connections in your brain. You can make neediness disappear, but you don't look at it like that. You just become in touch with yourself. And that's really what we're all trying to do underneath all our goals.

Monks who spend their lives meditating have faced this same issue. They desire to be desireless. But it creates a new desire. That doesn't help. Truly the best thing is to relax. Be gentle with yourself. Shift your focus from not wanting, to just feeling happy with life. Be the best man you can be.

Einstein said once that problems can't be solved on the same level as they were created. That might be why there is no "practical" advice to stop needing, because being practical...using techniques...to become unneedy is on the same level as being needy.

Hope I helped a bit :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:21 pm 

Okay I wanna put my thoughts in here as well,

The whole "not needing" thing is getting on a podestal I think. In my opinion Natural Grounding is helping to "not needing" too, because of the reconditioning. Since a week or two I can feel this "not needing" more and more, its just like I'm happy with myself. I started to realise when I had a look on my bankaccount. Well yeah no money ;). Before all of that I was very under pressure when I had no money. But since a week or two I don't really care about if I have much money or not, I don't care about if I have a woman now or not. Yes I'm wanting it but I don't need it. Sure when I'm in the city with some friends, sometimes I catch myself thinking "uuhh is she looking?" but thats okay. It's a period and takes time. Hey I'm not at that HUGE level but guys still remember: We were so conditioned and it takes time to recondition ourselfs, to fully heal and clean ourselfs. Oh man okay now I need money to buy the Sedona Method haha! ;)

I hope it helped you in any way.

I'm glad to see you next weekend in real life vegano, I think it will be a powerful meeting with you :) Wohooooo! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 am 

Thanks guys for your answers so far.

I had in my mind while I was writing the first post here that there is probably no technique at all because of the "wanting not to want"-issue. But even if there's no real practical application this thread is important to show the reasons why there is no application :)
Quote:
Seriously, don't put anymore energy into it.
I really understand this but a part of my brain now asks "How do you do that?". I mean I most probably already did it a lot of times but not really conciously.

Perhaps you could finish that sentence: I walk through the streets and notice that I want women to notice me but then I...

Come'on guys, crack my doubts about that theres no possible praxis :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 am 

Vegano wrote:
More details ;)

When do you use the sedona? If you have certain feelings or do you visualize certain situations to have the feeling? As I said before, I don't find sedona very useful because most of the needy feelings are not longer than one or a few seconds longer.

How actually is your "state" after you used Sedona, is the feeling gone etc?

Sorry for all those question but I really would like this topic to be pure gold with real practical advise and the required details how to get closer to "not wanting/needing". A golden collection that will be worth to go into the treasure chest when its finished.
when you feel something, at that moment just allow whatever is happening to happen without tagging it as good or bad. So if for example you feel 'needy' just feel whatever you are feeling but focus more on the sensation and not on the story behind it.

Afterwards, you ask the three questions.

after the third question for a second you will feel this moment of release and a clear mind.
notice it, pay attention to that moment right after the release- with time it will become a habit and you won't have to think about it.

Now here is another thing you can do: when you are lying in your bed before you go to sleep, close your eyes. Focus on your breathing for a bit until your mind is clear and the breath is at a normal pace.

Then, allow thoughts and feelings to rise on their own. your eyes are closed all the time although you can also do it with open eyes.

Then when a thought or a feeling that you don't like comes up, repeat the process I wrote about above.

rememeber the two importent keys:
First: allow whatever is happening to happen without tagging it as good or bad but focus more on the sensation and not on the story behind it.

after the third question for a second you will feel this moment of release and a clear mind.
notice it, pay attention to that moment right after the release- with time it will become a habit and you won't have to think about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:39 pm 

My latest "technique" is called suffering. Extremely effective, if you let it work with you. I want/desire things, I don't see them, I suffer, I feel the emotions, I accept them, let go of them and I'm softer afterward.

I think about the need to waste this time in this way, I wonder what the fuck I'm doing desiring things I won't have, and I decide to let go of all of them. All. And I don't give a shit if that last one is a desire, that goes away too if it is.

Why is there a huge difference between wishing and just knowing? When I just know things happen, and I don't care a little bit if they don't. When I wish, they don't happen and I suffer, only to eventually happen (sometimes) and I'm happy for a short period of time. :?

Why do I waste my energies playing these stupid games, when I've always been good enough, women have always been good enough, and more relationships just don't happen no matter how much both me and women desire it? Why am I making it difficult when I love things to be natural and easy?

Fair enough, good bye desires, good bye efforts, good bye trying, it came the time of not-doing and acting only from heart. Good bye illusions of the future, hello present moment.

I'm going to take absolute care of me, only of me because of me. I don't mind being alone the rest of my life, well... my whole life, fuck it. I'll survive without desires, as I'm surviving without my objects of desire. I don't know what's going to happen, and I don't care. See you guys, it's been fun to share time with you. I won't come back until I'm way clearer of bullshit in my mind. It's going to be better for everyone. Take care and responsibility!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:30 pm 

Morgul wrote:
I won't come back until I'm way clearer of bullshit in my mind. It's going to be better for everyone. Take care and responsibility!
Hey Morgul,

Don't be so hard on yourself man. if you feel like taking a break go ahead but remember that no one is perfect ;)

life is a learning process and each day we dicscover something new :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:37 pm 

Another practice to get to not needing or learn to be unattached to emotions, situations,
etc.... is of course: traditional meditation.

There are many different methods and schools: Zen, Tibetan, vipassana, chinese, theravada and more.....

And even in one 'system' like Tibetian, there are different branches, ways and methods.....
google and you will see different schools, branches and methods....

one may have to try a few things before he finds what system is best for him......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:28 pm 

Edit: I'm back, I moved this post to the Changes forum area.