Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: affirmations or not?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:07 am 

You know what worked for me? I sat down and made a list of things i didn't like about myself and separated them into 2 categories:

1) Things that I could improve, and

2) Things I could never change

The things I felt that I could never change, I worked on accepting and even embracing as things that made me unique. The things that I felt I could improve on, well, I worked tirelessly on them...and still do till this day. THAT is how you become comfortable in your own skin, NOT by whispering sweet nothings into your own damn ear. :|

We as men need to stop trying to find the magic pill...the silver bullet...the easy button...or whatever you want to call it. To get like me can take YEARS of hard work and diligence...and that requires patience and discipline.

Unfortunately, in today's society, most men are not built for this. Then they want to complain when they don't get the results I do.

IF YOU WANT THE FUCKING RESULTS, PUT IN THE GODDAMMED WORK. :roll:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 am 

Alchemist wrote:
The problem is if you keep trying to convince yourself of things that aren't actually happening you'll just have greater resistence from your subconscious, that's the main reason why affirmations don't work for most people.
I see the point and experienced it on my own.

BUT

as I stated above, our minds are very powerful. Our reality is created by our beliefs. When we change our beliefs, our look at the world and the world changes. If you believe that you're a women-magnet, you are a women magnet. Our beliefs make us what we are and not our experiences. Our experiences can have a big impact on our beliefs tough. A man gots rejected by a girl and might adapt a life-long fear of women from that one experience. But we have the power over our beliefs. We can change beliefs for the good, we can let go of beliefs etc.

Doing affirmations is changing beliefs. But the problem is that one can get easily attached to the affirmations and they don't work that way.

I also do visualizations once a day.

@ Sniper:

Of course I'll tell you more ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 am 

Auto-suggestion is awesome, (Napoleon Hill- style)

I listened to a woman singing Christmas songs for
me for an entire hour in my bed (or actually to herself
while she was doing stuff but can´t help hearing it...)

We create out Reality, and our Reality creates us, so
you know it goes both ways... Constant feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:44 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
The things I felt that I could never change, I worked on accepting and even embracing as things that made me unique.
But how do you accept and embrace something or decide that it makes you unique?
playing with your pipi and saying: I can't change this and that so I'm unique?
;) :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:02 pm 

Sniper wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
The things I felt that I could never change, I worked on accepting and even embracing as things that made me unique.
But how do you accept and embrace something or decide that it makes you unique?
playing with your pipi and saying: I can't change this and that so I'm unique?
;) :lol:
Don't be ridiculous. How do you do it? YOU JUST FUCKING DO IT. Why? BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT, THEN ALL YOU CAN DO IS EMBRACE IT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT, THEN ALL YOU CAN DO IS EMBRACE IT.
Acceptance

Peace

Harmony

If you are in internal conflict none of those things can exist within you for any length of time.

Hence, change those things you can. Accept those things you cannot.

You may find later you can change them, if so, change them. If not continue embracing them as they are.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 pm 

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

All you're trying to do with affirmations is change your belief system. Now if you're 300 pounds of fat it does no fucking good to look in the mirrior and repeat "I'm a sexy motherfucker" over and over, it won't work, it's stupid.

What works is refrences to change your belief system. Like The Kidd was saying, the girls telling him he was good looking, intelligent, etc...those are refrences.

Think of a belief like a table top, and the legs of the table are the refrences that support that belief. So if you're walking down the street and a group of attractive girls whistles at you and says "Goddamn look at how hot he is", that's gonna be a leg (and a big one) of the table that supports the belief that you find yourself to be attractive...the more legs you have, er refrences, the stronger the belief is gonna be. If you have a six pack, that will be another refrence in your eyes that you're good looking, another leg to support the table top which will make the belief stronger.

What if you think "Ya that sounds good and all but I'm fat and have acne and shit, so all I can do is mirrior affirmations because nobody finds me attractive? " WELL FUCKING FIX IT it so that you can get those refrences to support the fact that you think you're sexy or whatever belief you want to adopt. And remember, the more and stronger refrences you have, the stronger the belief will be.

Now what about shit you can't change that you have to accept? You're short, are bald, your name is Stew, whatever.

That's easy, just look at other successfull guys who are like that. Randy Couture is bald but has threesomes with models, you can just think "Fuck ya, I have the same hairstyle as Randy Couture!" You're short? Jean-Claude Van Damme and Sly Stallone are short guys and they clean up...or use too, till they got married. You can think, "Fuck ya, I'm the same height as Stallone and Van Damme!" See where I'm going with this?

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm 

Ok here is a little confession:

A lot of women say they want a tall guy. It always bothered me that I'm not tall. But now I don't care anymore....
I am who I am :)

yes some women will only go with a tall guy, for other women it doesn't matter that much if a guy is average in height.
But if some women disqualify me because they think I'm not tall enough, who gives a shit?

it doesn't even matter what they say or want, all that matters now is what I want ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:34 am 

Sniper, my best friend is 5'6" and I've never seen anyone have more success with women then him.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:52 am 

ManniJa wrote:
Sniper, my best friend is 5'6" and I've never seen anyone have more success with women then him.
which means I should have listened to David X:

rule number 1: don't listen to what they say (they want)....
does that ring a bell :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:06 am 

I've always said that too...it is a woman's NEEDS that you tend to, not her wants...and most times,a woman isn't really sure WHAT she needs...and that's what separates the men from the boys...an man's ability to know what a woman NEEDS, whether SHE thinks she needs it or not. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:23 am 

Women are like snowflakes...no two are ever the same.

That said, a snowflake is STILL a snowflake, and unless you break out a microscope, the naked eye can't tell the difference.

This is why you MUST learn to trust that primal, gut instinct that screams at you when you're fucking up and gives you a warm fuzzy when you're on the right track. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:32 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Women are like snowflakes...no two are ever the same.

That said, a snowflake is STILL a snowflake, and unless you break out a microscope, the naked eye can't tell the difference.

This is why you MUST learn to trust that primal, gut instinct that screams at you when you're fucking up and gives you a warm fuzzy when you're on the right track. 8-)
Good.

This is what I keep referring to that you should do more of. Only then will you be the best at what you do (for free) :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 am 

ManniJa wrote:
What works is refrences to change your belief system. Like The Kidd was saying, the girls telling him he was good looking, intelligent, etc...those are refrences.

Think of a belief like a table top, and the legs of the table are the refrences that support that belief. So if you're walking down the street and a group of attractive girls whistles at you and says "Goddamn look at how hot he is", that's gonna be a leg (and a big one) of the table that supports the belief that you find yourself to be attractive...the more legs you have, er refrences, the stronger the belief is gonna be. If you have a six pack, that will be another refrence in your eyes that you're good looking, another leg to support the table top which will make the belief stronger.

Now what about shit you can't change that you have to accept? You're short, are bald, your name is Stew, whatever.

That's easy, just look at other successfull guys who are like that. Randy Couture is bald but has threesomes with models, you can just think "Fuck ya, I have the same hairstyle as Randy Couture!" You're short? Jean-Claude Van Damme and Sly Stallone are short guys and they clean up...or use too, till they got married. You can think, "Fuck ya, I'm the same height as Stallone and Van Damme!" See where I'm going with this?
I both agree and disagree. The thing is, your mentality (beliefs/self-esteem/confidence) creates your reality. So it'll definately help to work on your mindset. But you are right, references changes the beliefs too (but that not as effective), so it does go both ways. But the problem with references and trying to change them, is that:
a) You can get needy (looking for results/references/peoples opinions about you)
b) You doesnt really have much control over what feedback you get, even if you do improve yourself (fashion, fitness, etc). So the beliefs can both get better or worse
c) If your beliefs are founded on something external (woman complementing you etc.), they aren't really on a strong foundation. Once the womans complements are gone, your good beliefs are gone.

But you are right that action must follow, you can work on your mindset all you like (saying something like: I get approached all the time), but you still won't get approached if you sit at home all day. Action must follow!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am 

The GK wrote:
I both agree and disagree. The thing is, your mentality (beliefs/self-esteem/confidence) creates your reality. So it'll definately help to work on your mindset. But you are right, references changes the beliefs too (but that not as effective), so it does go both ways. But the problem with references and trying to change them, is that:
a) You can get needy (looking for results/references/peoples opinions about you)
b) You doesnt really have much control over what feedback you get, even if you do improve yourself (fashion, fitness, etc). So the beliefs can both get better or worse
c) If your beliefs are founded on something external (woman complementing you etc.), they aren't really on a strong foundation. Once the womans complements are gone, your good beliefs are gone.

But you are right that action must follow, you can work on your mindset all you like (saying something like: I get approached all the time), but you still won't get approached if you sit at home all day. Action must follow!
well, I guess that's why now I use affirmations But with The Kidd's tacticts and indifference. Also I don't use affirmations such as:
women approach me all the time cause I'm trying to keep it realistic....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:33 pm 

Sniper wrote:
well, I guess that's why now I use affirmations But with The Kidd's tacticts and indifference. Also I don't use affirmations such as:
women approach me all the time cause I'm trying to keep it realistic....
Why is it unrealistic for woman to approach a man, but not the other way around? That unfair! And I really believe that we can make a change!

Also, I read in a another thread that you said:
"Affirmations are cool, I use them too however don't fall into the trap of using them as a band aid cause it won't work (I speak from experience)."

What did you mean by that? Could you speak some more about it? Did you use affirmations or visualizations?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm 

Quote:
Why is it unrealistic for woman to approach a man, but not the other way around? That unfair! And I really believe that we can make a change!
I never said that, I said: women approach me all the time is unrealistic cause I'm not
Tom cruise or Jon bon jovi :lol:
Quote:
Also, I read in a another thread that you said:
"Affirmations are cool, I use them too however don't fall into the trap of using them as a band aid cause it won't work (I speak from experience)."

What did you mean by that? Could you speak some more about it? Did you use affirmations or visualizations?
I tune into my subconscious mind, say my affirmations however when resistance comes- I'm not trying to push it away or cover it with more affirmations. I use the Sedona method to release and once the resistance is released I continue with the affirmations- And I repeat the process.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Quote:
I never said that, I said: women approach me all the time is unrealistic cause I'm not
Tom cruise or Jon bon jovi :lol:
i'm not taking one side, but that's your affirmation, i don't know, affirmations are not my thing, but when i was doing them i used them in the most unrealistic way, and for some reason it open some door to know that beliefs are just as real as you want them to be, life seems like a joke that does't have to be taken seriusly, there is a philosopher don't remember his name that says that, "whatever you go, whatever you do, you live your life in the limits of your head"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 am 
Site Admin

I've never seen mentioned in this thread of affirmations "the gratitude", hey I've looked in most; if not all LoA tapes and seminars, that one has to be grateful for what he has, if you allow me to say I think it's an imprescindible phase of making affirmations work. Of course I'm not advocating this, just only pointing that is missing and in all that classic LoA, declaring your affirmation, say that you have to be HONESTLY BE GRATEFUL for what you have now, and will come more.

Of course I have my own questions:

Grateful to whom :?:

Saluts. :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:59 pm 

Sniper wrote:
I never said that, I said: women approach me all the time is unrealistic cause I'm not Tom cruise or Jon bon jovi
But remember, "Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford

If you visualize “women approach you all the time” you have a great chance to get approached, than by not doing that visualization at all.
That is at least what my experience has told me.

But I do see where you are coming from too. I have thought that myself many times: “why dream big? It might not turn into reality, and then I’ll lose completely faith in this visualization/affirmation – stuff”.
Sniper wrote:
I tune into my subconscious mind, say my affirmations however when resistance comes- I'm not trying to push it away or cover it with more affirmations. I use the Sedona method to release and once the resistance is released I continue with the affirmations- And I repeat the process.....
How do you feel the resistance? I have same days where I feel really bad/depressed, could that be resistance for the new beliefs I am trying to have?
Dali wrote:

I've never seen mentioned in this thread of affirmations "the gratitude", hey I've looked in most; if not all LoA tapes and seminars, that one has to be grateful for what he has, if you allow me to say I think it's an imprescindible phase of making affirmations work.
Grateful to whom :?:
Good point. I haven’t done that much myself actually. I’ll start doing more of that now.

Grateful to God (if you believe in him) who created LoA, if not then maybe the Law itself?

Generally I think, it’s more of a mindset. You know, appreciating things you already have – that IS the same as being grateful. Because generally we tend to look at the thing we WANT and (DON’T have), rather than looking at and appreciating the things we already have.