Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: affirmations or not?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm 

Hey guys,

today I want to say what I think about affirmations today (who knows I might change my mind) but let me know what you guys think please....

the whole concept of affirmations is to affirm something. Now I can repeat an affirmation like:
'I'm the real shit'. But as soon as I get a rejection all the affirmations can go down the can.
On the other hand, if I feel that I'm the real shit then why do I need to affirm it?
I just feel it........

some say that you should say an affirmation and then not care about the outcome. But if I don't care if 'I'm the real shit' or not then why should I say the affirmation?
my brain will feel that I'm playing tricks on him And won't accept the affirmation...

Some people (like TML) say that affirmations work, TML maybe you can elaborate on that?

Me personaliy: I use subliminals instead of affirmations (but only as a supplement to other stuff like The Kidd's tactics)

what do you guys think?

did anyone ever have solid success with affirmations?

Post subject: Re: affirmations or not?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm 

I've said it before and I'll say again...forget affirmations and look for CONfirmations. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 pm 

I've stopped using affirmations and subliminals for good, when I used them they were band-aids that came off without difficulty when I stepped outside the comfort of my home.

This whole 'not attached to the outcome' thing as I have come to understand it now is not some sort of technique, it's just total psychological liberation from giving a fuck.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 am 

I've ditched affirmations, and most all self help that has plagued my brain. That's just me though, I'm tired of always becoming, I'd rather just love myself flaws and all. I think affirmations work for some and not for others. It's all up to the individual and what they feel they should do.
The Kidd!! wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say again...forget affirmations and look for CONfirmations. :ugeek:
This is what I'm slowly realizing. There are women who like you for no fucking reason, you just have to let them like you. I couldn't wrap my head around this for a while, but the notion that we have to improve ourselves for women is a bunch of bullshit. True, women do love confidence, but confidence for me is just not giving a fuck what she thinks about you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:13 am 

Cory Skyy uses affirmations and it's no wonder that his forum is full of posts like "It's not working anymore!" and "I lost it!". At best, I found them to have a temporary effect, and even that wasn't very noticed.

Subliminals are more effective but it's programming your mind!! I will never use that or hypnosis. As much as I want success with women, some things aren't worth it, and I'm not gonna program my mind some more, there is more than enough programming. It also creats a situation where you have contradicting beliefs, because the old ones didn't go anywhere. That's why I only use methods that release the negative, all programming, in my opinion, is puting us in the wrong direction. I don't think the forum's name "Natural Freedon" really goes along with programming yourself, does it?

Last edited by Benjamin on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 am 

Never improve yourself for women...improve yourself for YOU...to improve YOUR quality of life. The women that will fall effortlessly at your feet after the fact are merely a pleasant side effect of your self improvement. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 am 

Bonder wrote:
Cory Skyy uses affirmations and it's no wonder that his forum is full of posts like "It's not working anymore!" and "I lost it!". At best, I found them to have a temporary effect, and even that wasn't very noticed.

Subliminals are more effective but it's programming your mind!! I will never use that or hypnosis. As much as I want success with women, some things aren't worth it, and I'm not gonna program my mind some more, there is more than enough programming. It also creats a situation where you have contradicting beliefs, because the old ones didn't go anywhere. That's why I only use methods that release the negative, all programming, in my opinion, is puting us in the wrong direction. I don't think the forum's name "Natural Freedon" really goes along with programming yourself, does it?
well Bonder you have a good point however I don't see subliminals as 'programing myself'. And as I said: I use it as a supplement not as the main thing.

But you know what?
I'm starting to reconsider :geek:
but anyway: it's better than playing with your pipi to Thai music videos :lol:

Edit: I think it might have wokred for Cory because he already had loads of success before he started using them (but who knows.....)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 am 

Well you think that you're using it as a supplement - but how do you know what's really going on? You're letting messages enter your mind sunconsciously in an unnatural way.

I guess everyone here knows Magnus from Tapping.com (he is a former pickup artist and he's my first resource for starting the journey from pickup to being myself), in his book for pua's he mentiones one time he went to a hypnosist and programmed into himself that he must approach every woman he sees - so it worked, he went out and approached women like crazy, even one of them who had her Australian huge boyfriend near her, that punched him and knocked him out... The programming worked but it harmed his judgement.

I'm just really against this stuff, I mean everyone can do what's good for them but if we're talking here about freedom and being ourselves, then all the subliminals, hypnosis and even affirmations (which are safer but useless and also are meant to force a belief for you) must go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:45 am 

Bonder wrote:
Well you think that you're using it as a supplement - but how do you know what's really going on? You're letting messages enter your mind sunconsciously in an unnatural way.

I guess everyone here knows Magnus from Tapping.com (he is a former pickup artist and he's my first resource for starting the journey from pickup to being myself), in his book for pua's he mentiones one time he went to a hypnosist and programmed into himself that he must approach every woman he sees - so it worked, he went out and approached women like crazy, even one of them who had her Australian huge boyfriend near her, that punched him and knocked him out... The programming worked but it harmed his judgement.

I'm just really against this stuff, I mean everyone can do what's good for them but if we're talking here about freedom and being ourselves, then all the subliminals, hypnosis and even affirmations (which are safer but useless and also are meant to force a belief for you) must go.
Bonder I think you are right. Fuck all that shit....
from now on my only affirmation is: I don't give a damn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 am 

The only affirmation I really stand behind 110% is looking at yourself in the mirror and saying "I love you". When you love yourself enough to not give a damn what anyone thinks about you, that's true indifference.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:58 am 

i heard before in this forum that affirmations work if you do it, not to get and outcome in this case "get girls"

how do you do this kind of affirmations?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 am 

I give my two cents here too.

Yes, I do affirmations and I love doing them. Again, if you think that they don't work, its just your belief. But this doesn't mean that they are objectively working (altough I think the do) but because our mind is so powerful. As I stated months ago, if someone thinks that looking at a white wall makes him successful in life, it will work for him (as long as he is indifferent to it).

I recommend affirmations, to everyone. BUT and this was a lesson I had to learn, there are two things to consider. 1. The reason for doing them. 2. To make doing affirmations a DAILY habit.

1. As rant asked, I try to give a plan on how to do them right: When you start with the first affirmation, focus on thinking/imagining/being that they are already true. Do them in this way so you actually just re-affirm what you already have (having and wanting is a mental belief-thing, not an outside thing). If doubt comes up, change the conversation (which might be "no, I don't have women at all") to its exact contray: I have so many women that I impossibly could handle one more (or something like that). Or simply say to the "doubt" (in a non-resistant way) "This means nothing".

The magical phrase of indifference is: Being it instead of becoming it.

2. Making them a habit is really important because if they are a habit finally, you will do them automatically and its not so easy to unlearn a habit. I do affirmations two times a day. After I wake up and before I go to sleep (ca 10-15 minutes every time). It took me 4-6 weeks to make it a habit. So force yourself to really do them daily. If have stress, do them for a minute or so but DO it. How long you do them isn't relevant for building a habit of doing them, just that you do them.

My affirmations:

- I love and accept myself as I am and everyone too. I don't judge anybody.
- The universe loves me and fulfills all my wishes in lightning-speed.
- Everything I do is great and successful.
- I'm the definition of attractive.
- Everywhere I go, pretty women are attracted to me and approach me all the time.
- The hotter women are, the more they want to have sex with me.
- Its a fact that women pursue men instead of the contrary (its a little bit different in german).

I don't repeat the exact same sentences but alternate them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 am 

...and I do confirmations, which means I know what is true about myself because the women in my life that I meet or am involved with can't seem to stop telling me...about ME. :lol:

Here's what THAT sounds like:

"I have met 3 men in my life that were exactly my type, physically...and you are one of them."

"I don't know if I can date you because you may be too pretty for me."

"You are one of the most sensual and intelligent men I have ever had the pleasure of being involved with."

"My friend saw a picture of you and said that she's glad I'm finally dating a good looking guy...it's not like her to talk like that."

"I just can't get you out of my head...how did you do that?"

"I was actually banking that you would become attached to me so that I would be in control...I had no idea who I was dealing with."

...I can do this all day. 8-)

Bottom line, with CONfirmations such as those...who needs affirmations? Really? :|

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 am 

Quote:
Bottom line, with CONfirmations such as those...who needs affirmations? Really?
Affirmations come from the inside (from oneself) and the confirmations you mentioned come from the outside (from other people). There are a lot of people out there, especially women who base their complete self-worth on confirmations from other people but as soon as they get older and lose their good looks or see that they get to know to the wrong men because of that, they're "lost" because they have never learned the most important basic: Happiness comes from within. And that the most important relationship we have is the one to ourselves.

We don't need someone to confirm that we're attractive to be attractive.

I don't assume that you would lose your self-worth when you never would get such statements again, Kidd, no worry ;) See my point?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 am 

Right...I'm not saying that I need them, but if they are gonna offer em up, I'll take em! :mrgreen:

...and of course I am very much at peace with myself...I know who I am and what I am capable of...I'm sure this goes without saying, but I just wanted to put it out there.

I'm just saying that I don't need to tell myself I'm awesome twice a day because if enough people have volunteered to me that I am indeed awesome, then by now I already know. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am 

"Bottom line, with CONfirmations such as those...who needs affirmations? Really? "

Shit, I do! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 am 

*sighs*...suit yourselves *shrugs*...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I'm just saying that I don't need to tell myself I'm awesome twice a day because if enough people have volunteered to me that I am indeed awesome, then by now I already know. 8-)
Ok Kidd but not everyone are at your level yet or have the same experiences like you.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 am 

Vegano wrote:
- Everywhere I go, pretty women are attracted to me and approach me all the time.

- Its a fact that women pursue men instead of the contrary (its a little bit different in german).
The problem is if you keep trying to convince yourself of things that aren't actually happening you'll just have greater resistence from your subconscious, that's the main reason why affirmations don't work for most people.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:49 am 

Alchemist wrote:
Vegano wrote:

The problem is if you keep trying to convince yourself of things that aren't actually happening you'll just have greater resistence from your subconscious, that's the main reason why affirmations don't work for most people.

maybe that why as Bonder said:
Quote:
Cory Skyy uses affirmations and it's no wonder that his forum is full of posts like "It's not working anymore!" and "I lost it!".
I guess his guys were trying to use affirmations but it didn't work for them because they didn't already had the success that Cory had (before he started to use them).

But Vegano: if that really works in the long run tell us more ;)