Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: affirmations or not?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm 

I will say that I fully support and believe in strong visualization. That is how 'The Secret' works...and I have been using 'The Secret' for a very long time even before I knew what I was doing. The mind is a very powerful thing!

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:49 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I will say that I fully support and believe in strong visualization. That is how 'The Secret' works...and I have been using 'The Secret' for a very long time even before I knew what I was doing. The mind is a very powerful thing!
What do you mean by stong visualization? How do you do it?

I do while listening to a theta CD, which helps you get your brain into theta-state, so it becomes easier to program your subconscious mind with the visualizations. I really recommend the theta meditation system (CDs).

http://www.amazon.com/Theta-Meditation- ... B00067Z2A0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:57 pm 

Hard for me to explain, but I don't need or use any kind of aids or enhancers...I've been doing it for so long that it kind of just...happens. :|

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm 

The GK wrote:
How do you feel the resistance? I have same days where I feel really bad/depressed, could that be resistance for the new beliefs I am trying to have?
I say an affimation like for example: 'I'm a very sexy and attractive man'
then there is this voice that says: 'no you are not' and then an image pops up, like for example: how in high school women were not attraced to me. then, some sensation in the body comes.

that's when I go to step 2: release (Sedona)

Edit:
you say that some days you feel bad/depressed and you ask if it could be resistance for the new beliefs you are trying to have....

It could be or maybe the bad/depressed feeling comes from something else. That only you can know....

When I found the truth for example: that women are not sugar and honey & that Thai women are not sugar and honey (something I beleived in for a very long time - being a student of Rion): I was depressed for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 am 

The GK wrote:
How do you feel the resistance? I have same days where I feel really bad/depressed, could that be resistance for the new beliefs I am trying to have?
I experience the same. I think its because we somehow fight against ourselves. We want to install new beliefs and replace the limiting ones but the old ones are still there and do what they always do -> limit us. So we conciously want to change our beliefs but the old ones "fight" against the new ones. This can lead to periods of frustration/helplessness since we want to change but our believes block the change - "I want but I can't". I just had such a small period yesterday morning. A bad place to be...

Felix and Angelo did a small audio about a question I asked them about changing beliefs and not get into this frustration periods. Its a cool one: http://www.social-buddha.com/corebeliefs.mp3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am 
Site Admin

I once read a story, it was from an author describing researching a book, an account of his time with the Native Indians in america.

He said how he went out with one of the old guys one day, he was invited along on a trip for a few days to wander around the landscape and connect with nature.

Anyway, this area had been suffering from a real lack of rain and they started over the campfire one night talking about the fabled 'rain dance', this was after talking about various other topics.

The native guy said how all the outsiders had read what they saw totally wrong. They had looked at what was happening and concluded that somehow the 'dance' and 'music' and other stuff they SAW was the important bit. They had become clouded in their vision by that which was in plain sight.

The native guy said the important bit was to be feeling like it was raining, to take yourself back to the time when it was raining on you, you felt the raindrops upon your skin, the atmosphere in the air, the air blowing over you. The energy in the air, within your body. To emotionally re-experience what it felt like when it rained with every fibre of your being.

The next evening he demonstrated for the author, they stood by the fire because it was warm and light - not because there was a fire and the guy closed his eyes and remembered, he felt and he experienced. He did not move at all, make a single sound or anything.

The author watched puzzled. At the end of it, the native guy sat down and took a drink and said that the author had just seen the essence of the rain dance, all the other stuff was smoke and mirrors, to make an event out of it, a celebration of the upcoming rain and for those who did not know the real meaning behind the 'rain dance'. The youngsters and women would dance and sing and enjoy themselves and the tribal elders would feel and experience quietly.

Two seperate things were going on and the outside visitors chose to look at that which was visible and overt, rather than the essence of it.

Two days later it rained, the author in his account was blown away by the whole experience and could not decide if it just rained because it did, or because of the old man.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 pm 

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE IN THE TREASURE CHEST !!!!

EVERY Kidd's entry is as valuable as concerning different subjects, coupled with the two Grinus's posts, and the Star's one 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 pm 

There was a guy I knew who would, every time he felt the urge, look into the mirror and say, 'Hey, you're sexy'. I've done that, but not as an affirmation. Just kinda slips out from time to time.

Saying 'I'm rich/I'm hot/I'm loveable' is just boring egotistical nonsense. However, the words 'I am creating.....', are very effective as a focusing mechanism. Very effective indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 pm 

JUST TO BE CLEAR :

I DIDN'T EVEN READ the posts on affirmations, just the posts I hinted at. :mrgreen:

Posts on Confirmations, improvement, visualisations, women, ... :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 am 

Leo wrote:
There was a guy I knew who would, every time he felt the urge, look into the mirror and say, 'Hey, you're sexy'. I've done that, but not as an affirmation. Just kinda slips out from time to time.

Saying 'I'm rich/I'm hot/I'm loveable' is just boring egotistical nonsense. However, the words 'I am creating.....', are very effective as a focusing mechanism. Very effective indeed.
To me the first example is a more literal and useful take on the word "affirmation" -- you actually believe it, you made a statement outloud that affirms what you believe and so it just slipped out.

You can't technique that and to just say it over and over again to me is also a bit silly.

However, for the second part, there's a distinction for me. Not just saying the words 'i'm hot' etc, but, how does the system react when you 'say' to yourself (this is more than just a phrase but the whole internal statement) that you are a guy who deserves women right now. Can you get an intense visualization as Kidd said which to me means you can see it very vividly, perhaps you see women around you, you as you actually look/are now, perhaps you see a woman smiling / vibing you hard from the first person perspective, etc. etc.

If you don't accept this, you might literally not be able to picture it - or you will create the picture and it will feel very uncomfortable, or turn into total fantasy (which is a type of avoidance). This is where the gold is to me. It's much less pleasant and convenient than to say you just picture stuff and it happens. When you make the effort to picture it *from your current reality* you get to see what all your stuff is around it which of course takes self awareness which needs practice, and then you have work to do in terms of dealing with what came in.

Most of the 'affirmation guys' like to think you can just bypass all the work and just play a statement like a tape recorder, as though our mind or consciousness works in terms of words vs pictures and emotions. You could say it a billion times and be shut off from the reaction, or pose the question one single time and really explore every uncomfortable / conflicting reaction that comes up.

If you're really clear on it, the 'i'm sexy' version will be so unblocked apparently it will just slip out of your mouth like it does for you 8-)

The one thing i'd check in on with "i'm creating" is an inherent assumption that you are not hot/attractive to women as you are right now. You can stay in an endless state of 'creating' and stay in forever 'i'm not there YET' and it can actually be used as a deflective mechanism from facing the bitter truth of what comes up for you when you picture, or attempt to picture, a realistic scenario of what you'd want to go down with women *right now*. It is a very good way to explore and to get past a brick wall, i'm not knocking it just throwing that caveat from my own experience. I had a habit of spending insanely LONG amounts of time 'getting ready' for things I could have jumped into years ago and moved faster.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 am 

To clarify, I wasn't referring to women re:'I am creating'. I've never used or considered using any type of affirmation in regards to women, and doing so would go against logic anyway, certainly against the core of what is taught in this little off-shore Island :D

'I am creating...', is a better way of saying 'I am'. This is because it clarifies exactly what you intend to do, that which you have not done already. For instance, what does saying 'I am rich' 40 times a day achieve, when you are clearly not rich? It's expended energy, added stress, and I don't find it congruent with flow. Instead you could say something like, 'I am creating an increasing flow of wealth' or whichever way you want to put it, and gradually find that that is exactly what you're doing. This just put's your intentions in order, bullsh*t free.

Nothin' wrong with being in an endless state of creating either, and isn't related to the mind-set of 'I'm not ready yet'. Quite the opposite, but let's not get into semantics.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 am 

Leo wrote:
To clarify, I wasn't referring to women re:'I am creating'. I've never used or considered using any type of affirmation in regards to women, and doing so would go against logic anyway, certainly against the core of what is taught in this little off-shore Island :D

'I am creating...', is a better way of saying 'I am'. This is because it clarifies exactly what you intend to do, that which you have not done already. For instance, what does saying 'I am rich' 40 times a day achieve, when you are clearly not rich? It's expended energy, added stress, and I don't find it congruent with flow. Instead you could say something like, 'I am creating an increasing flow of wealth' or whichever way you want to put it, and gradually find that that is exactly what you're doing. This just put's your intentions in order, bullsh*t free.

Nothin' wrong with being in an endless state of creating either, and isn't related to the mind-set of 'I'm not ready yet'. Quite the opposite, but let's not get into semantics.
Nice.

Yeah, you are always creating and having your intentions in order is excellent, especially wealth, lifestyle / art etc which is always a thing in constant flow/creation like you said. That is on point and very different than "one day I will be good enough to have.." --

The first part about women is key.. guys get so sucked into this whole 'personal development' stuff specifically around the topic of women that it turns into this lofty goal, like they have to achieve this perfect alpha male state or become a rockstar before a woman will smile at them and then start ignoring reality completely. Then it's looking for the quick fix route, what affirmations will turn me into the MAN instead of dealing with what's in front of us. The fact that you weren't even referring to the topic of women says it all.
Quote:
For instance, what does saying 'I am rich' 40 times a day achieve, when you are clearly not rich? It's expended energy, added stress, and I don't find it congruent with flow.
That's my experience too. I have however gotten a shitload out of picturing in a very realistic way what it would feel like to have a ton of money, what would I do with that etc -- and noticing the response I get from it, how much I resist or welcome that feeling, if it feels natural and relaxing or if it actually brings up stress or a 'yeah but you'll never have that kind of money'- has dug up a lot of my bullshit and found myself spending, risking and making a lot more than before as it gets more and more comfortable. One guy might really enjoy picturing it or feel empowered and another might feel like having money = people will want to take advantage of me, resent me, etc - has proven a very powerful way for me to learn more about myself and where i'm really operating from + clear out BS.

An empty statement repeated over and over does nothing, especially if you are not even noticing the reactions.

Last edited by Flow83 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 am 

Quote:
The first part about women is key.. guys get so sucked into this whole 'personal development' stuff specifically around the topic of women that it turns into this lofty goal, like they have to achieve this perfect alpha male state or become a rockstar before a woman will smile at them and then start ignoring reality completely.
Unfortunately, the idea of self improvement for self improvement's sake isn't as popular as packaging it as a plan to effortlessly attract women...if you dig what I'm sayin. ;)

Everything is going according to plan. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:40 am 

Flow83 wrote:
That's my experience too. I have however gotten a shitload out of picturing in a very realistic way what it would feel like to have a ton of money, what would I do with that etc -- and noticing the response I get from it, how much I resist or welcome that feeling, if it feels natural and relaxing or if it actually brings up stress
This is the essential shit here - finding a reference point for your beliefs. Then you can discard them, or atleast see them for what they are.

Affirmations are a poor and desperate concept. The quickest and most effective way is to stalk your beliefs and thought patterns, understand them and know why they were put there. But few want to take the time to do this. They wanna install a perfect, new, fully functioning OS ontop of their shitty old one without understanding why it kept on fucking up in the first place. Understanding the old OS will ensure the new OS, or rather real OS, runs like it should.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:37 am 

The women are merely a means to an end. Actually getting them is irrelevant.

Did you exercise enough patience?
Did you really watch and pay attention?
Did you learn something about human nature?
Did you master yourself?
Did you become a better person that you were?

The game answers many of the deeper lessons of life, but not in what appears on the surface.

Remember "Stairway to Heaven"? Not all that glitters is gold lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am 

Leo wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
That's my experience too. I have however gotten a shitload out of picturing in a very realistic way what it would feel like to have a ton of money, what would I do with that etc -- and noticing the response I get from it, how much I resist or welcome that feeling, if it feels natural and relaxing or if it actually brings up stress
This is the essential shit here - finding a reference point for your beliefs. Then you can discard them, or atleast see them for what they are.

Affirmations are a poor and desperate concept. The quickest and most effective way is to stalk your beliefs and thought patterns, understand them and know why they were put there. But few want to take the time to do this. They wanna install a perfect, new, fully functioning OS ontop of their shitty old one without understanding why it kept on fucking up in the first place. Understanding the old OS will ensure the new OS, or rather real OS, runs like it should.
Well for me affirmations don't work. The way I see it is that repeating something is not a good way to train your conscious mind (brain washing works quite different). There must be emotional piece to it. I strongly support doing visualizations though. That's the way I do it - relax completely, laying without movement and counting backwards from 100 to 1 and visualizing the numbers (this helps to relaz your body while keeping your mind occupied, you can keep it from drifting away or falling asleep - counting normal way is too easy and is done automatically). Then I concentrate on a part of body that 'feels' most relaxed and spread that feeling all over my body. I focus on my breathing etc to the point I lose feeling of my body (i guess it is kinda like floating in deprivation chamber). Sometimes hipnagogs pop up. Then I run the story, with visuals, sounds, smells, I try to incorporate all the senses. I try to make the feeling of emotions as strong as I can. Then i run it once again but from the third person view - this is great it allows me to see my body language patterns that I am not aware in daily life and change them. BTW it really helps with getting rid of outcome attachment - if you feel like you have it you become carefree. And you see that it was all about a way of getting there, not getting it.

I do it like half an hour every day before I go to sleep and it works like a charm. it becomes so easy that I don't even have to do whole routine, i can do it even on my way to work. Your mind needs just to get used to it. It is like switching from state to state in no time. Don't know if that will work for everyone. it became a kind of my daily ritual and reminds me of the story that Peregrinus wrote. BTW i think it comeseither from Castanedas books or Joseph Campbell writings.

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm 
Great stuff here. Definitely a important topic to discuss. I agree with what Leo said, you have to become fully aware of your thought patterns in order to master yourself. Mastering yourself is your lifes purpose. Affirmations are simply a way to shift your energy if you do it right. Women have nothing to do with this either so that thought has to be dropped. I don't know why dudes are still hung up on the idea that women are going to make their lives better. Believing that is more of a bandaid then affirmations are. At least with affirmations your looking inside yourself for answers instead of basing your self worth on women.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 am 

Mikey swag wrote:
Great stuff here. Definitely a important topic to discuss. I agree with what Leo said, you have to become fully aware of your thought patterns in order to master yourself. Mastering yourself is your lifes purpose. Affirmations are simply a way to shift your energy if you do it right. Women have nothing to do with this either so that thought has to be dropped. I don't know why dudes are still hung up on the idea that women are going to make their lives better. Believing that is more of a bandaid then affirmations are. At least with affirmations your looking inside yourself for answers instead of basing your self worth on women.
I believe that so much is projected onto being good w women, and the reenforcement that you have to be so "alpha-male", so amazing etc to have success feeds into this more.

We are so unfamiliar w looking internally at how we feel and self-validation that its as though a woman showing that she likes you is the only way to "prove" that you have something that is completely internal and its chicken vs egg having it backwards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

I confess, I still have the issue that I have to be clear from ego before being with a woman (or in order too have them), I think this is good thing (for me) but more ofthen than not is with the wrong focus. I've also been experiencing the impostor syndrome http://www.huffingtonpost.com/olivia-fo ... 73542.html, many more times than I enjoy.