Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Sun gazing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:54 pm 

Get information about how to properly do it before trying this.

I got partially and temporarily blinded (for about a week) because I was too impatient once, and looked at the sun before it was low enough.

Beware too, that this is very very powerful, by doing it you're moving very fast towards enlightenment. And it will bring you whatever experience you need for that, no matter how painful you need that to be.

Some links:
http://solarhealing.com
http://www.sungazing.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlCJPxxKoaY

Post subject: Re: Sun gazing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 am 
wow.. um. weird. I might try this this summer. though i don't know what to think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 pm 

That is definitely interesting...

What have been your experiences Morgul? How do you go about properly doing this. I've read through the sites, but I have a misconception. Do you actually look into the sun, or do you look around it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:10 am 
i just tried my first session and i was struck by how... real it seemed. I think this might work! Lol After looking at the sun for 10 seconds I got so deeply in the now, it felt like i had meditated for 30 minutes. THen i looked more (not supposed to I know) and no further effects really happened. But i then i watched the rays of reflection in the water and cried because it was so beautiful

interesting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 am 
^

Last edited by Sir_Michael on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:23 am 

Midnight wrote:
What have been your experiences Morgul?
I started doing it the previous year, by the end of this same month, April, after attending a talk with the man in that video from YouTube I shared above. I did it my way, without counting the number of seconds in that way, but increasing something like 5 seconds at a time. I reached about a minute and a half or so straight. It was indescribable, I felt like peace while doing it, and mental silence normally happened while practicing, very uncommon in me during that time.

But at a conference with another man, he told us that he was treating a woman who was doing sun gazing, and she started attracting lots of problems into her life. This guy explained that the act of looking at the Sun, is very strongly subconsciously tied to the desire of becoming enlightened, because the Sun is the most powerful source of light we have available. And by practicing sun gazing, we would attract everything we needed to become enlightened.

So, I was a little afraid I was far from being ready for enlightenment, and that I could begin attracting more crap than I already had into my experience by sun gazing. And I stopped doing it daily. I set an intention to first work on my own, slowly and gently, towards enlightenment... being more in the moment, calming my thoughts, cleaning my subconscious crap, etc. I've only done a few more individual sun gazing sessions from that time to the current date.

Well, I've evolved a whole lot in the sense of being present, observing everything, and I've cleaned a whole lot. I no longer have that fear of attracting bad experiences (I already have enough of them, lol).

This past weekend, I talked with a female friend of mine who did it correctly, counting the number of seconds, and increasing by 10 each day. She's stopped for shorter periods of time than me, and she's now at something more than seven minutes straight. She no longer sees things a different color after her sessions, like it still happens to me and to other friends of mine when we tried this previous weekend.

I'm going to start doing it again, this time following the simple rule of counting the number of seconds and increasing by 10 each time. For me, I'm aware that it's going to be one of the most powerful Yang grounding possible, as grounding to the Earth (to wild Nature, for example) is one of the most powerful Yin grounding possible.
Midnight wrote:
How do you go about properly doing this. I've read through the sites, but I have a misconception. Do you actually look into the sun, or do you look around it?
It's looking directly into the sun, you can (and should) blink, you can (and should) close your eyes to the position you feel more comfortable at, and of course you can also look around the Sun. Stay away from looking more time straight than what the rule of 10 seconds more says. And don't look at it during other times of day than from sunrise to an hour from sunrise, and an hour from sunset to sunset.
djl wrote:
i just tried my first session and i was struck by how... real it seemed. I think this might work! Lol After looking at the sun for 10 seconds I got so deeply in the now, it felt like i had meditated for 30 minutes. THen i looked more (not supposed to I know) and no further effects really happened. But i then i watched the rays of reflection in the water and cried because it was so beautiful
Yeah, it's wonderful. I see it like a perfect sphere of light, I feel the beauty... I cannot explain it easily in words. My mother tried it with me two times, and she was super amazed at how wonderful the experience was. By what she said, it's like the sun was like talking to her, and embracing her with love or something like that... she's a whole lot more sensible than I am.
Sir_Michael wrote:
Come on, you guys! Will you try anything? This guy was a media celebrity for a short time a few years ago. People have permanently damaged their eyes with this. Make sure you read what the debunkers have to say before attempting anything like this.
Yeah, man, I was ready to do everything it took to become better, and now I'm ready to do everything it takes to be more connected with my inner self (my now favorite source of knowledge).

I'm past most childish fears, and experience helps a lot with that.. don't just blindly believe, go try. I did it with sun gazing, and I know there's nothing bad with doing it. Even when I watched the sun at a time when I shouldn't, my eyes were completely healed in less than a week. So I've had zero damage to my eyes so far.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:12 pm 
but do keep in mind you could damage your eyes PERMANENTLY if you don't do it at the right time of the day. I'm pretty certain every report of sun gazing damaging peoples eyes was because they didn't do it at dawn/dusk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:24 pm 
Also, do you practice the walking afterwards? do you practice barefoot? etc. I only really have time to do the sun practice on top of the meditation and stuff i'm already doing.

I'm in the city so everyone's going to watch me stare at the sun hahahaha.

Here are two other sites about sungazing besides HRM:

http://www.suryayog.org/
http://www.sunyoga.info/

I've read reports of some of these dudes being sketchy but it definitely works and it definitely didn't hurt my eye (at the right time)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:59 pm 

djl wrote:
Also, do you practice the walking afterwards? do you practice barefoot? etc. I only really have time to do the sun practice on top of the meditation and stuff i'm already doing.
No, I've sun gazed barefoot two or three times, but the rest I've done it with my shoes on. Mmh, I didn't know about the walk afterward, I'll check it now.

Edit: Oh, I see, the walking barefoot 45 minutes a day on a natural ground without grass. No, I've not done that. Wait, did I just said natural ground :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm 
well that's just one guys method.. the other guys don't say anything about a walk. I'm sure it would be cool but i don't htink you really have to