Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:42 am 

Fear, creating and being yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCz06bS380

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:33 pm 

The hardest thing is to really put yourself out there as you really are.

But if you don't.. it's much worse.

There are some quotes that I'm reminded of:

“'To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which human beings can fight and never stop fighting.'.” EE Cummings

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." Dave Chappelle.

And, really, one step at a time:

"Just show up" Woody Allen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:07 am 

”What I’m trying to do is be righteous. And when I say “righteous,” I don’t mean God. You know? God- Righteous. I mean just when I wake up, I know I was honest to myself.”-Patrice O’Neal

“Liars don’t like me. People who lie, people who live a lie. There’s people who love living lies. I was thinking the other day, ‘brutal honesty’ is a dumb term. The word ‘brutal’ should be associated with lying, like “You’re a brutal liar”, as opposed to somebody who’s just going to inform you of what they believe the truth to be. I love honest shit, man. You can’t fuck with the truth”-Patrice O’Neal

”You gotta stop lying. You know… I mean it’s difficult to tell the truth, but you gotta start telling the truth cause it kills you, it takes something out of you when you’re…. a phony. You know, I’d rather die than to be phony really, cause… it kills me. And I’m…there’s nothing worse… like I’m depressed, but I’m not suicidal. Do you know how like… horrible it is just being to… to want to kill yourself but you just can’t, you won’t kill yourself? Do you understand what that is? So I had to figure out a way how to make myself happy….and that’s not to lie.”-Patrice O’Neal

From https://inspirationalweb.org/patrice-oneal-quotes/