PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 am 

Altair wrote: *
Jared wrote: *
Muslims make up the only major religious group
projected to increase faster than the world’s population as a whole
Sure, what's your point though?
Observing reality and facts.

----

What other explanations than "God" is there for the world being as it is?

"We've ruled out explanations ABCDEF therefore explanation "God" is in
for the "fallen state of humanity" is an argument from ignorance.

The world is what it is, and the only honest thing to say about it is
we don't know why, let's look into it if we will.

It could be because of God or haShatan, it could be, sharing genes w/chimpanzee,
it's possible it is Loki playing tricks on human kind...
but until it is proven to be because of X, we are just guessing stuff up.

I don't know nothing

Post subject: Re: Beyond the Red Pill
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Muslims make up the only major religious group
projected to increase faster than the world’s population as a whole
Sure, what's your point though?
Observing reality and facts.

----

What other explanations than "God" is there for the world being as it is?

"We've ruled out explanations ABCDEF therefore explanation "God" is in
for the "fallen state of humanity" is an argument from ignorance.

The world is what it is, and the only honest thing to say about it is
we don't know why, let's look into it if we will.

It could be because of God or haShatan, it could be, sharing genes w/chimpanzee,
it's possible it is Loki playing tricks on human kind...
but until it is proven to be because of X, we are just guessing stuff up.

I don't know nothing
Exactly, that's my main problem with religion or any other topic, outside the observable direct grasp.

It could be whatever thing, but we ultimately would/could not know it even if we want it. All of this <insert a name for "reality/God/etc"> are just suppositions and make beliefs we auto feed ourselves. Suppositions then taken as a ground or rocksolid "facts" forgetting they are just making up stories, and then bullshit ensures an upwards logic, it would never cease to be BS because the foundational bottom "fact", is BS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:00 am 

I enjoyed my journey through the red pill and I'm glad I did it. You're right when starting out there could be any number of explanations but one of them ultimately has to be true. To me the fact that humanity is fallen is self evident, if you're not concerned about the state of the world and cannot see that we are powerless to fix this mess on our own I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
Exactly, that's my main problem with religion or any other topic, outside the observable direct grasp.

It could be whatever thing, but we ultimately would/could not know it even if we want it. All of this <insert a name for "reality/God/etc"> are just suppositions and make beliefs we auto feed ourselves. Suppositions then taken as a ground or rocksolid "facts" forgetting they are just making up stories, and then bullshit ensures an upwards logic, it would never cease to be BS because the foundational bottom "fact", is BS.
True Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship with Jesus Christ. I agree with what you're saying in many ways, all of religion is man's way of trying to understand his place and relationship in the universe. The difference is that in Christianity it's God saying this is how you can know me. The foundation is solid it's not built on sand.

If you're all so certain it's wrong than why don't you read the Gospels and ask God to make himself real to you? I would be surprised if you'd read through them all to know what they really say except a few quotes in order to prove they're not true.

I mean if I am wrong then you just prayed in your living room to a non-existent being...hardly anything of significance. You're all very experienced with inner work, do you not sense what is going on right now?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:10 am 
Site Admin

I enjoyed my journey through the red pill and I'm glad I did it. You're right when starting out there could be any number of explanations but one of them ultimately has to be true. To me the fact that humanity is fallen is self evident, if you're not concerned about the state of the world and cannot see that we are powerless to fix this mess on our own I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:

True Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship with Jesus Christ. I agree with what you're saying in many ways, all of religion is man's way of trying to understand his place and relationship in the universe. The difference is that in Christianity it's God saying this is how you can know me. The foundation is solid it's not built on sand.

If you're all so certain it's wrong than why don't you read the Gospels and ask God to make himself real to you? I would be surprised if you'd read through them all to know what they really say except a few quotes in order to prove they're not true.

I mean if I am wrong then you just prayed in your living room to a non-existent being...hardly anything of significance. You're all very experienced with inner work, do you not sense what is going on right now?
Ohhh I see the decadence Altair, very clear, make no mistake. Also I'm not trying to dissprove anything. I do believe in a all encompasing all knowing power, I just decide to call it universe I think it's the same thing as yours, but then again it could be semantics, and that's being an agnostic in my book.

I do not need to believe in a God, I know there is one because how the universe works if we observe their workings long enough we can fathom their power. What I'm stating is the magnificent stories or "myths" that we call the central part of a based religion only serve one purpose and that is of message delivery and it was carefully crafted in their time, we have to be careful to not take this episodes as a real stories and build castles and kill people representing the literal inerpretation. If some of this stories where vague enough to make me interpret them the way I wanted, then they're not solid.

Regards,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 am 

Regards to you as well Dali, I respect your decision to cast your chips where you will. Thanks, for everything you do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:46 am 

At this point, you don't need to disprove gods;
the burden of proof (for a god) is on the one making the claim.

I'm open to a god, God, or gods.

Haven't met one yet though...

Spectrum of Theistic Probability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_ ... robability

Dawkins' Formulation 1-7 (1 strong theist: 7 strong atheist )

Tags:: abiogenesis; consciousness; creationism; mythology; origin of life;

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 am 

I don't have to prove anything, the burden doesn't rest with me. Everyone is the shepherd of their own soul. Everyone is free to spend their days as they wish. I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion.

I remember when I started at the forum there were a lot of difficult truths to take. Tbh I expected that some members of the forum would have also begin to wander down the same path as me.

Doesn't anyone find it curious that no one will go near the Bible except to prove that it's not true? It' because deep down we all know that there is truth in it and we avoid it because it convicts our conscience. You cannot truly say that you are willing to do the inner work if you won't confront the truth no matter how painful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:29 am 

Like Jared says, who cares... I respect some people may find this interesting, but I don't much
Didnd't need the bible so far and I've done work to an extent most people will not touch even 1/10 of it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:01 am 

Shifting the burden of proof eh? ;)

Positive claims require positive evidence,
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What can be asserted without evidence
can be dismissed without evidence.

I've studied the scriptures in several languages,
from cover to cover. One of the best ways to learn
new languages bytheby.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pm 

Quote:
Shifting the burden of proof eh? ;)
No, go ahead and dismiss it. There's tons of information the resurrection really took place.
Quote:
Like Jared says, who cares... I respect some people may find this interesting, but I don't much
Didnd't need the bible so far and I've done work to an extent most people will not touch even 1/10 of it.
Sure, you've been working for a long time. If you don't want to dig any further that is your choice.

All I am doing is pointing out there is a path that most people miss. It's the path that leads to life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm 

Why would I have to go to religion to "dig any further" ? I don't see the logic here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:29 pm 

fufe wrote: *
Why would I have to go to religion to "dig any further" ? I don't see the logic here
I know you don't see the logic, I couldn't see it for years either. Go to church, memorize these things, don't ask questions. It's become a system used to control people rather than to understand the Creator. You're supposed to think for yourself and ask questions. God gave you a mind to think and reason with.

It's the biggest deception that's ever happened in human history. I know what you guys are thinking and you have valid criticisms. Why are there thousands of different denominations and why do they all think they are right? Well, if you dig into their theories such as the pre-tribulation rapture you'll find that it's only been taught since 1830. So it cannot be right because if it was it would have been taught by the Apostles.

What about the Vatican? It used to part of the true Church by it was excommunicated in 1054.

One church is the right one, it's the Orthodox one. It can trace it's roots all the way back to the Apostles.

The deception goes right down to even the Bibles are wrong. In the Western world typically the best one you'll come across is the King James Bible. It's New Testament is good, however, the Old Testament is based on Masoretic texts that are from the 9th century. They are completely different than the Septuagint which is the version that the Apostles quoted from. It's over a 1000 years older. There's passages in there that if you read I don't know how you couldn't believe.

There's one that says what Jesus will be told when he is on the cross. Written by Solomon who lived around 800 BC. Aren't you curious how a book could be talking about events that wouldn't happen for several hundred years?

Quote:
Let us lie in ambush for the righteous man
Because he is useless to us and opposes our deeds
He denounces us for our sins against the law
And accuses us of sin against against our upbringing
He claims to have knowledge of God
And he calls himself a child of the Lord
He has become a refutation of our purposes
Even seeing him is a burden to us
Because his life is unlike that of others
For his paths go in a different direction
We are considered by him as a hybrid
And he avoids our ways as immoral
He considers the last things of the righteous as blessed
And pretends God is his Father
Let us see if his words are true
And let us put these things to the test at the end of his life
For if the righteous man is a son of God, He will help him
And deliver him from the hand of those oppose him.
I'm telling you guys there's something here. Don't believe me, don't take my word for it. But don't just dismiss me because all you've ever seen is the watered down, no good Christianity that is presented to the masses to today. If you don't want to I cannot make you, but I promise you're going to regret it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:34 pm 

Regret...

We do not know what we intend to do until the intention itself arises.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:50 pm 

I honestly can't concetrate on that quoted text, it doesn't speak to me and I forget what I was reading after 2 sentences lol

I respect Gautama Buddha, he lived before Christ and his wisdom I could have tested ony myself and found it to be true.
It's also fucking simple and I think that's why it speaks to me.

I Generally don't like and trust things I have to believe in. I like to test if things are true.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:29 pm 

I honestly can't concetrate on that quoted text, it doesn't speak to me and I forget what I was reading after 2 sentences lol

I respect Gautama Buddha, he lived before Christ and his wisdom I could have tested ony myself and found it to be true.
It's in plain English. It describes the details of the Crucifixion hundreds of years before it happened.
Quote:
Why do you not understand my speech? Because you are not able to listen to My Word. You are of the your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. John 8:43-44
I Generally don't like and trust things I have to believe in. I like to test if things are true.
Yeah, don't. I don't either. God gave you a mind you can reason with for a reason. He gave you free will as well. He could have designed a world in which the only possibility would be to love Him. However, He created a world in which you have the free will to reject Him. You are supposed to test things out and discover what is true.

The reason you prefer Buddha is because there is no condemnation of the darkness that is in you. Anyone who loves darkness won't go near the light. That's why people will say oh this doesn't make sense I'm not gonna bother trying to figure it out. They won't genuinely try to figure out if God is real they just come up with excuses as to why it's not true.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:35 pm 

I focus on the dark because it's holding me back from things I want and so far the benefits are not measurable to anything else I could have done. To my knowledge.

Maybe if you'd said some examples of something, what it means in practical sense it would speak to me more. I am always trying to see how these things apply to me in a practical sense.

I want to say that I'm not putting you down or anything, I am curious, but it doesn't seem to resonate with me much now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:43 pm 

I'm not trying to put you down either. I always disliked those really pushy people that memorized a few lines of scripture and tried to shove them down my throat.

It turned me off the whole thing for a really long time.

I gave a bunch of examples in the previous comments so I am not sure what else I could tell you. I am in a Discord server though that's mostly Orthodox Christians. If you're interested I can invite you and you can browse through it and listen in to the comments and ask questions and see if it resonates. :geek:

Let me know and I'll set it up for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:20 pm 

Nobel prize to him/her/them that overturn the theory of evolution.

All these denominations and religious groups would pay millions
to overturn evolution. Someone just needs to provide the actual
evidence and data that would overturn evolution.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 pm 

Tons of guilt around sexuality in Buddhism

Guilt; carrying around someone’s else’s emotional baggage.

The cycle is composed of three components:
should
action/inaction
guilt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:28 pm 

Nobel prize to him/her/them that overturn the theory of evolution.

All these denominations and religious groups would pay millions
to overturn evolution. Someone just needs to provide the actual
evidence and data that would overturn evolution.
https://voxday.blogspot.com/2019/03/evo ... -time.html

Evolution is dead, it's all a lie. They faked the statistics to get their numbers to work.