Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Science of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm 

Here´s a <magnetic< explanation of our feelings spreading from our Heart to the outer world. I´ve already described the Torus Tube on Relm, since last year. There´s information about coherence and our connection to other living things, and the Planet itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQipX-hIDs

Post subject: Re: Science of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Really nice video Jared. Thank you for sharing it.

People would do well to do some reading around this subject, science over the last decade or so has been investigating this area more and more, there are lessons to be learnt ;)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 am 

I've been reading a book lately called mbraining. It's very interesting in that it says we humans have 3 brains: our head brain, our heart brain and our gut brain. There is actually more connections and info going to our head brain from our heart and gut brains! The head brain is the source of creativity, the heart brain is the source of emotions and the gut brain is the source of intuition. So all those expressions that have been going around for awhile like use your head, follow your heart, and listen to your gut are not metaphorical but literal. Most of us are or were trapped in our minds for most of our lives that we don't pay attention to our bodies enough. The book goes on to say that the best way to observe, learn, and grow is by coherent breathing. Coherent breathing is where you deep breath with your diaphragm to a count of 6 in and 6 out. This balances the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems which puts you into meditation. This is very interesting and I recommend others here to read the book.

Websites to check out:
Mbraining.com
Coherence.com
Heartmath.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

There is some research around that points towards the brain not being what we thought it was.

The thinking is that in some way the whole body is the 'brain'.

Hence all the funky things going on with transplant patients.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
There is some research around that points towards the brain not being what we thought it was.

The thinking is that in some way the whole body is the 'brain'.

Hence all the funky things going on with transplant patients.

qft - EDIT: (also see my signature).

Good thread.

Last edited by Scarf on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:42 pm 

I like the analogy of the body being many small computers inside of one big computer. You have the choice of upgrading different software and programs if you so choose. The fundamentals are like the desktop and from there you can download what you want. One of the most important to upload is virus protection but you already knew that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

I wonder if this is the same along the lines of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGcFS0zz6Ls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 pm 

'Tis merely common sense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Leo wrote:
[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 pm 
*pours 3 shots of vodka and gets ready to eat*

I take it to the head, but I feel it in the gut and heart knows what it wants.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:28 am 

Just came across this thread. Haven't watched the video as i'm focusing on the older threads right now, but thought i'd share the following info as it may relate to the 'whole body being the brain' issue, in case it is of interest to any of you. Note that this info is 10 years old (some of it even older), so shitloads of progress has probably been made in this field since:

Years ago, I came across an article in The Cosmos Letter entitled "Why The Mind Is Not In The Head" by a beautiful mind called Francisco Varela - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Varela. (Two interesting asides: 1. He was also a Buddhist, and 2. his daughter is the gorgeous actress Leonor Varela - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonor_Varela). Unfortunately, the website it was from (http://www.expo-cosmos.or.jp/letter/letter12.html) has been reorganised, in a way that really BLOWS, and I cannot find the fucking thing anymore. The best I could do was find some excerpts scattered around the net, which I combined below:
Quote:
"[T]he last 15 years have witnessed the ascent of an alternative view, that of embodied or enactive cognition. This new wave arose because the computationalist doctrine failed to account even for the most elementary coping with the world: walking, perceiving object in a natural setting, imagination. Slowly the cards turned into considering that the basis of mind is the body in coupled action, that is, the sensory-motor circuits establish the organism as viable in situated contexts. Form this perspective the brain appears as a dynamical process (and not a syntactic one) of real time variables with a rich self-organizing capacity (and not a representational machinery). So in this sense the mind is not in the head since it is roots in the body as a whole and also in the extended environment where the organism finds itself.
Beyond embodied enaction, recent work with young children and monkeys (1995-) has re-discovered the profound importance of the coupling with other conspecifics. This means that the constitution of a mind is always concurrent with the extended presence of other minds in a network. Thus, beyond embodied enaction there is also generative enaction, a trend that points to the beginnings of a science or interbeing, the future for a proper understanding of the necessary unity of mind and nature."
I did, however, find a paper presented after his death, apparently a homage to him by some of his colleagues. I have not read it in full myself, but in case any of you are interested, it can be found here: http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S07 ... ci_arttext. Excerpt:
Quote:
The first step, Francisco claimed, is to consider that "the mind cannot be separated from the entire organism. We tend to think that the mind is in the brain, in the head, but the fact is that the environment also includes the rest of the organism; includes the fact that the brain is intimately connected to all of the muscles, the skeletal system, the guts, and the immune system, the hormonal balances and so on and so on. It makes the whole thing into an extremely tight unity. In other words, the organism as a meshwork of entirely co-determining elements makes it so that our minds are, literally, inseparable, not only from the external environment, but also from what Claude Bernard already called the milieu intérieur, the fact that we have not only a brain but an entire body" (Varela, 1999b). As a consequence of closure, this irreducible embodiment of our biophysical structure appeared to Francisco as a radical prison :"We can't get out from the domain defined by our own body and our nervous system. Only one world exists for us: the one we are experiencing by these physiological processes that make us what we are. We are taken in a cognitive system, from which we can't neither escape, nor chose where it begins or how it works" (Varela, 1988a).
That last part echoes something Morpheus pointed out in "The Matrix" - "What is real, Neo?" if I remember correctly. However, the degree of imprisonment probably varies from individual to individual :mrgreen: .

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 pm 
@ Roark:

Amending that last passage. We live in two worlds. The key to the second world is in understanding how your mind/body relates to that world that it has no control over.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm 

Dali wrote:
Leo wrote:
[ img ]
Not you, the original post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm it's ok Leo, but I'm still intrigued by how you came to the conclusion that is common sense.

Personally the concept heart was that I wondered a bit why always people said this phrases for example: "you don't have to take that criticism from heart!, "make this draw from heart it'll have more aliveness", "you lack some heart in that interpretation", but I always thinked this in terms of some romanticized adjective that denotes some kind of "lack/full of soul" or something, never gave it so much logical wonder until I read this.