Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 pm 

Hi guys,

It's been an interesting few months, to say the least. Getting dumped by the first girl I legit fell for led me to some interesting places, which I'll slowly start to write about as a more specific and logical synopsis of things and concepts come to mind. Juggling 3 jobs, university and an active life have also been a major catalyst for inner change.

What I wanted to post about though was a thing that I started thinking about in the shower this morning (off topic, but starting the day at 10, not 7, is so fantastic - cook up a mean breakfast, take a relaxing shower, shit in peace). The practice of justifying the emotions that I see as negative and don't want to "have in me". I'll use my anger at people, which I'm often baffled by when I see it for what it is, as an example.

Whenever I felt angry at somebody (which basically comes from a place of massive fear and feeling of discomfort around them, but that's for another time), I subconsciously looked for things to be mad at them for. Instead of looking at why I felt uncomfortable inside (and doing so in an unreactive manner, i.e. not trying to make it go away or change it), I'd look for external confirmation of why it was alright to feel this way.

Example: My friend was acting a bit like a prick, so instead of either talking to him about it or just going about my business, I stopped speaking with him and did a combination of making up scenarios where he'd be an asshole, or remembering (and heavily altering the perception of) past experiences where he acted similarly. I desperately things to make sense, and past events altering reality was too confusing a concept to deal with, not to mention the beating the ego took as well.

Same with insecurities and anxiety. Or even feelings of depression - if I felt it, I wanted it to be the reflection of what was actually going on. Because that was really the only thing that made sense. Do I feel afraid of an exam coming up or a presentation at work going wrong - let me fret about how life-threatening that would be, not give it a 100%, fuck things up I KNOW could be avoided with a few more minutes/hours of effort, all the while continuing and deepening the cycle the next time a similar situation comes up.

So have a look and see if this is something that you might think happens in your mind. Feelings are just feelings - it's wise to observe them, but reacting to them in this way is stupid on so many levels. Not only does it feed the fear/insecurity/whatever, but it also actively contributes to having the kind of life you don't want.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:23 am 

You can only start not reacting to your emotions when you start acknowledging them.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:40 pm 

eldora wrote:
You can only start not reacting to your emotions when you start acknowledging them.
Quote:
Awareness of every reaction is your final freedom.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:25 pm 

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4246