Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: THE POWER OF VISION :)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm 

Many of us are aware of the concepts behind the law of attraction, having a vision and a goal. In general I believe many people get too caught up in the technicalities of it and not the taking action.
I learned this during my long ass time doing affirmations religiously under teachings of Brent and Cory Skyy. Whilst, it may seem like you are making progress through daily repetition, in reality your mind may still be stuck in the "becoming" phase or the not yet there mind-frame because you keep placing importance on repeating an idea to eventually convince yourself it is true.

In other words, If you know you are great, love yourself, sexy and confident there is no need to religiously repeat this daily to yourself :lol: , it is an inner knowingness beyond the ego. By placing too much importance and attachment on repeating this over and over, you may subconsciously be telling your mind that you're not there yet and you are not that guy yet.
I will make another post on my experience with practicing affirmations/LOA of close to two years but essentially after I stopped practicing affirmations in that manner and just let go, a lot of things just naturally fell into place that I had been making a big deal over.This is because I switched from affirming, visualizing etc as a technique to actually living out my vision and taking massive action towards it.

As a recent example, a couple of months ago I was fed up with my living situation and wanted to move somewhere else. I naturally got very clear and wrote down exactly the type of place I wanted to live in, no limiting beliefs, no coating just pure balls out day dream and vision. I felt the feelings of having it already and got very excited about it.

Rather than keep going about life and "hope" the universe hands it to me or continually "repeat my affirmations" to attract it to my reality; I took massive steps and actions. Many days researching, viewing properties, walking around different neighborhoods and so on. It took a lot of time and effort.

Eventually I started getting frustrated and at that point I truly LET GO of trying to steer the outcome of my search and became okay with whether I moved out or not. Surprise Surprise shortly after that I found somewhere exactly the way I had in mind, went for the viewing, secured the property and voila i'm currently living in my dream place by the river, nice breeze, sunset view :P, awesome neighborhood ( tried to upload picture but wasn't allowed :ugeek: ).

The level of peace and gratitude that comes from just being able to live out life exactly how you dream is unparalleled. We all daydream and have visions, why not make yours a reality don't let fear stop you ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:13 am 

My experience with this is the same. There are times I will work hard towards something and don't get it, but if i take a break it kind of ends up just coming to me on it's own. But I'm finding now that the more I am focused on what i'm moving towards, the more it feels like i'm already there and then there is a REAL energy behind it. Instead of doing affirmations at XYZ I will say to myself "my entire life is an affirmation". But I do listen to certain meditations before bed and I have also created my own affirmation/meditation audios. When you stick with it and stay motivated and you also have the WHY, which to me means the higher purpose you want what you want, then it's more powerful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Milo wrote:
In general I believe many people get too caught up in the technicalities of it and not the taking action.
Milo wrote:
Rather than keep going about life and "hope" the universe hands it to me or continually "repeat my affirmations" to attract it to my reality; I took massive steps and actions. Many days researching, viewing properties, walking around different neighborhoods and so on. It took a lot of time and effort.
Spot on

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:13 am 
Site Admin

This is a good lecture I'm shure you're gonna take some things out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR1k0yX1LSY