Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Glimpses of freedom?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 am 

Few days ago, a girl I fancy has been approached by a dude. I noticed she checked if I am looking. A strange feeling came up in me when I saw it. A feeling that I did n´t like, and than I thought to myself "Oh yeah, that´s it, give me more of that. I wanna feel it, look at it." I felt it. It was really quick. All of a sudden there came a great satisfaction from how I handled myself internally, and the unpleasant feeling completely dissolved.

Post subject: Re: Glimpses of freedom?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:14 pm 

It's definitely a step-up from suppression. But how about just feeling whatever comes up fully, not wanting there to be more or less of it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 pm 

I wrote as if I wanted more of it but I only meant it as an expression of willingness to look at it rather then push it away, or get wound up.

Although it is true that, I find myself wanting to to feel certain feelings with more intensity. A lot of unpleasantness in me functions on a very subtle level. It makes it difficult to observe without amplifying it. I guess the ability to do this without wanting more of it will come with more training.

Thank you for another perspective on it. .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:07 pm 

Rider wrote:
I wrote as if I wanted more of it but I only meant it as an expression of willingness to look at it rather then push it away, or get wound up.

Although it is true that, I find myself wanting to to feel certain feelings with more intensity. A lot of unpleasantness in me functions on a very subtle level. It makes it difficult to observe without amplifying it. I guess the ability to do this without wanting more of it will come with more training.

Thank you for another perspective on it. .
Cool. look a bit deeper. Why do you want to feel those things with more intensity? What is your intention with that, and what is it motivated by?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:22 pm 

A "bring it on, give me more" posture towards an inner world that you are used to suppressing or running away from can be really useful. Use that yang/masculine approach if it is helping you stay on the course, especially if it is a new direction for you. Just don't get attached to it or think it is always the answer - when it feels right, run with it. I would say, nice work and keep it going.