Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Guilty to let go
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:52 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Thank you for bringing this back up. It's frustrating reading the mental masturbation, which I thought were huge breakthroughs, and always having the question of whether this is the same thing in the back of my mind.

The difference now, however, is self-validation. Or rather, my understanding and practice of it. I thought it meant reaching some state where I am above others, which I wanted to reach by eliminating things I saw as obstacles (fear, anxiety, anger). I wanted to accept myself to be accepted by others - a laughable fallacy :lol:

I see the error of that now - it's about wholly accepting everything in myself. Like you wrote about the cat, I am what I am. I still get nervous, I still feel un-confident at times. But it is what it is, and I am improving my relationship with it. Speaking with it, acknowledging it and letting it be there.

An example I would use would be my ever present self-doubt while writing and preparing to record my upcoming CD. Before I saw it as weakness, and something I wanted to push away. Now it's just something that's completely normal and expected and I work with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 pm 

Wonderful flow....just wow.

The reality is not as exciting or epic our minds make it out to be. Infact, the mind can't even let go. It wouldn't know how. One day, whatever we are beyond the mind just sort of gets fed up with it all and the mind doesn't have a reply for it. So, after many years of kicking and screaming it gives up. Trying to let go is just more shit for the heap.

When peregrinus writes 'let it go', its not for the mind to understand.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 pm 

Leo wrote:
Wonderful flow....just wow.

The reality is not as exciting or epic our minds make it out to be. Infact, the mind can't even let go. It wouldn't know how. One day, whatever we are beyond the mind just sort of gets fed up with it all and the mind doesn't have a reply for it. So, after many years of kicking and screaming it gives up. Trying to let go is just more shit for the heap.

When peregrinus writes 'let it go', its not for the mind to understand.
Thanks man. Well said.