Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Lessons learned
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:31 pm 

It's been a couple months since I broke up with my ex and certain things have come to mind and I must be humble. I have made some fundamental mistakes and boy would I bitch-slap myself if I could go back to the day I asked her out but it can't be undone, hopefully some of you can relate or learn from this, here goes:

-Whilst I was in an open relationship with this chick I put my foot down (thanks to Kidd who advised me as it was happening) but eventually I became comfortable and for some reason ignored some otherwise tell-tale signs that I should fire her immediately, because I saw her as a developing person and everyone has flaws but this bitch was just straight up batshit crazy.

-Our relationship wasn't based on trust, considering how we started out so obviously I trusted her little but I still stayed with her because I wanted to see that whilst they are not perfect that there there is some good in women somewhere, I was wrong.

-I believed she was on my team because she helped me out with my school and finances sometimes but she only did it to feel better about herself and she always claimed to have a thing about altruism which I think is bullshit.

-I believed vulnerability was essentialy for intimacy, so sometimes I let my guard down so she could see my 'human' side and we could connect, in my experience this was a mistake and it allowed her to get inside of me and push my buttons, which she would eventually attempt to use her woman card to get me in legal trouble over nothing, fortunately when I called the cops she realised she was out of her depth and told them the truth (something as I discovered she rarely did during the course of our relationship).

-Adding the above, she was especially manipulative (only-child syndrome?) and had a way of making herself seem like she was right, sometimes I managed to turn that shit around and show her how full of shit she was but alot of the time she got the last word in, because I got lazy and just wanted to end the argument and go about my business (how the fuck do these married dudes put up with that?).

-There were times when she saw how I interacted with other women and she admitted to me that she thought she was not worthy of me after that, I reassured her that was not the case but SHE WAS RIGHT. :twisted:

-This bitch could not take care of herself and fuck knows how she will survive in the real world. She was coddled by her parents her entire life and became skilled in the ways of manipulation to get her way. I should have run when I sensed something fishy, I mean being the other guy was not enough of a sign that I should not go out with this bitch.

-Somewhere in the middle of this relationship I felt like I wanted to return to the open relationship we had before, there was a certain mystery and feeling there that died when we started going out. When were 'open' I did not care if she slept with other dudes (which she ended up doing to try and get over me but it didn't work) but obviously the monogamous aspect brought about some expectations on my part and hers which were unrealistic and possessive. Ironically I wanted to fuck other women and had some opporunities, eventually I ended up fucking this other chick but in retrospect I should have fucked them all, she did not deserve my loyalty. :evil:

So there you go, I did not heed Kidd's initial warning that she would do everything in her power to get me to be her boyfriend once she dumped the other dude. She got to me in the end, at that time I was emotionally vulnerable and didn't think straight, my gut told me Kidd was right and what does he say guys? THE GUT IS ALWAYS RIGHT, indeed it is, always and without question.

I thought I was in control of my shit at the time but clearly I was not and I should have consulted him at every turn. I learned a vaulable lesson, a few actually:

-Never let a woman into your emotional world, never let her see the chinks in your armor.

-I definitely don't want to start a family cuz I have way too much shit going on in my short life and things to accomplish so I'm strongly considering getting a vasectomy. I dodged a bullet everytime I fucked that crazy bitch and I am thankful I was on her ass about the pill, but you never know, worst case scenario she shows up with this mini-me at my door and hits me up for child support, she would be the type of chick that would pull that kind of shit.

-Monogamy is not for me and I don't care to explore that with anyone in this lifetime, nothing can ever make me consider it after all that bullshit. The level of freedom I felt after she stepped out of my door for the last time was so fucking good, I hadn't been that genuinely happy for some time.

-Maybe I've always had a thing for older women because they're infertile, the idea of a family never struck a chord with me but I was thinking about it, just a little, not with this chick but somewhere down the line. I even told this bitch sometimes that she would never bear my children and eventually our relationship would end. She had to see it to believe it I guess.

There's probably more but right now I'm moving forward and getting over the anger and not beating myself up for my mistakes.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

Post subject: Re: Lessons learned
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Alchemist wrote:
THE GUT IS ALWAYS RIGHT, indeed it is, always and without question.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:57 pm 

It's all good...this is where the rubber meets the road. You got your head out of the books and gained real world knowledge through experience and reinforcement of the concepts outlined in this forum. Your convictions have been strengthened...and you are a stronger person now because of it. :ugeek:

Remember how this felt going forward. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:30 pm 

Indeed >lessons learned<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
I believed vulnerability was essentialy for intimacy, so sometimes I let my guard down so she could see my 'human' side and we could connect, in my experience this was a mistake and it allowed her to get inside of me and push my buttons.
Lol! I've had my hand burnt many times after being 'vulnerable'. They use it in one way or the other, just keep wise to it - awareness. Doesn't mean you have to be Terminator though.

[clichesaretrue]It all happens for a reason[/clichesaretrue].

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
-I believed she was on my team because she helped me out with my school and finances sometimes but she only did it to feel better about herself and she always claimed to have a thing about altruism which I think is bullshit.
This is an easy flaw in logic to correct, if she was truly altruistic she wouldn't have any problems with dating a homeless person with no ambition and nothing to show for themselves right?
Alchemist wrote:
Adding the above, she was especially manipulative (only-child syndrome?) and had a way of making herself seem like she was right, sometimes I managed to turn that shit around and show her how full of shit she was but alot of the time she got the last word in, because I got lazy and just wanted to end the argument and go about my business (how the fuck do these married dudes put up with that?).
I kinda went through phases with that, like I would just pick my battles and let some slide....but I found that they just run with it and you cannot give them any slack. If you do they just keep running with it. In the future I think I will give them nothing edge wise like that. I'm with you on the how to married guys put up with it? :lol:

Alchemist wrote:
Never let a woman into your emotional world, never let her see the chinks in your armor.
This is been a flaw too, it ties into fundamental mindset flaws. Some of the deepest rooted blue pill thinking there is. I found some of that thinking in my mind as well. :geek:
Alchemist wrote:
Monogamy is not for me and I don't care to explore that with anyone in this lifetime, nothing can ever make me consider it after all that bullshit. The level of freedom I felt after she stepped out of my door for the last time was so fucking good, I hadn't been that genuinely happy for some time.
I know the feeling....you just have a whole new appreciation for life....you mean I can play on my computer and NOT? have someone hovering around wanting my time and energy? Also sleeping until 2 without having to tell someone your gonna do whatever you want.

And then you make a solemn self vow to never relinquish your freedom for something so silly ever again :lol:...and also silently wonder how things managed to snowball so quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 pm 

Man, u had the advantage all the time and u truly knew how this shit was going to play out, from the beginning. But u had to see it for yourself...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm 

DMD wrote:
Man, u had the advantage all the time and u truly knew how this shit was going to play out, from the beginning. But u had to see it for yourself...
I can tell you all day not to touch the stove cause it's hot...but until you touch it, you don't truly understand what 'cause it's hot ' means... :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I can tell you all day not to touch the stove cause it's hot...but until you touch it, you don't truly understand what 'cause it's hot ' means... :ugeek:
Exactly, I always end up learning the hard way for some reason but as you said experience leads to the true understanding.

@Leo at this point I don't see myself opening any doors anytime soon, keeping a certain distance keeps the mystery alive, all that shit dies in a relationship. I have no desire to settle or get emotionally close with someone, right now it's about purging, letting go and plowing. :twisted:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:29 pm 

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topic ... ience.html

Too many good ones to quote ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 581#p19581

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:26 am 

GoldenBoy wrote:
That´s an exclusive list there.

I will add one just for the sake of diaphony so that
we have both viewpoints covered ;)

"Neurons are cheaper than experiences."

(relates to learning which battles to pick...)