Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 am 

(still not sure how to put my thoughts into words on this but I'll give it a try :geek: )

So, the members that have been here for a while already know that the concepts we talk about here apply to everything -Not just women...

I have a security job at the moment in which I work only with men...

It ain't my dream job but that's what I could get at the moment and the money is not bad.

anyway, ever since I started working in this new place I have applied the concept of space. By that I mean that I give people (in this case-Men) to express themselves. I'm not trying to make anyone like me or be my friend.

Looking back at my life and in my previous jobs - I was often trying to dominate people or make people like or be my friends.

Ever since learning from Grinus and Kidd about 'space' & doing inner work (becoming my own best friend) I can clearly see the fruits now in the new workplace and in relations to other men.

Now at this new job almost everyone wants to be my friend and I don't feel as if I need to make 'an effort' to have this happen.

Of course the pimp tight mindset and treating people accordingly always applies - just today I had to put someone in his place when he was trying to pull something on me. But even that ended up pretty quickly with not too much hard feelings (at least not by me).

So thanks Grinus and Kidd for talking a lot about space along with all the other stuff:
becoming your own best friend, having the pimp tight mindest\treating people accordingly and etc...

I hope that other members will see with time that everything that is being talked about here isn't just about women.

Just know that changes don't come overnight - 'inner work' often isn't easy. But do it and you will see the fruits....

Kidd and Grinus my wise teachers, here is a tribute :D :

[ img ]

----->

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am 

Same experience here, man.

Three months ago I started a new sales job, so I thought it'd be wise to pick up Napoleon Hill's How to Win Friends & Influence People.
Long story short, the first week I started to apply some of it's principles to both my coworkers and customers. Almost immediately I felt I was invading space, and I was.

So, the next week I backed off and returned to my usual content with my own company self. No surprise, in leaving space my coworkers felt the need to fill it..and they did. Feeling obligated to greet me and initiate conversation first. What I was shocked by was the effect it had on my customers. They actually started to prefer ME over most of my extroverted coworkers. I'd simply answer the few questions they had and backed off to let them make a decision. As opposed to constantly bashing them over the head with regurgitated sales pitches. Turns out I end up having one of the highest close rates in the district. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 am 

Quote:
Three months ago I started a new sales job, so I thought it'd be wise to pick up Napoleon Hill's How to Win Friends & Influence People.
Why some of you guys are still looking for answers and paying for hooey...when all of the answers are right in front of you and FREE on this forum, never stops blowing my mind. :geek:

Seriously, the next time you get the urge to spend money on bullshit, just throw it at me instead. :mrgreen:

My Paypal is: Ob1_kiddobi@hotmail.com 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Why some of you guys are still looking for answers and paying for hooey...when all of the answers are right in front of you and FREE on this forum, never stops blowing my mind. :geek:

Seriously, the next time you get the urge to spend money on bullshit, just throw it at me instead. :mrgreen:

My Paypal is: Ob1_kiddobi@hotmail.com 8-)
Haha, I've never been one for any of the self-help, new age, or pua bullshit.

But, should I feel the urge I'll let you know. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 am 

aTrueRebel wrote:

Long story short, the first week I started to apply some of it's principles to both my coworkers and customers. Almost immediately I felt I was invading space, and I was.

So, the next week I backed off and returned to my usual content with my own company self. No surprise, in leaving space my coworkers felt the need to fill it..and they did. Feeling obligated to greet me and initiate conversation first. What I was shocked by was the effect it had on my customers. They actually started to prefer ME over most of my extroverted coworkers. I'd simply answer the few questions they had and backed off to let them make a decision. As opposed to constantly bashing them over the head with regurgitated sales pitches. Turns out I end up having one of the highest close rates in the district. :mrgreen:
I read that book a long time before this forum existed :lol:

'How to Win Friends and Influence People' was Written by Dale Carnegie-
it was first published in 1936
then in 1981, a new edition was published with some updates, but still:

it's very outdated compared to the stuff we have here 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am 

aTrueRebel wrote:

Interesting man. I work in sales as well and am noting similar results. Although I am hesitant to go "full-space" and let things be during calls and whatnot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:13 am 

I used to work in sales and was never that good at it. But it was out of introversion, rather than being comfortable with who I am. What I like about this sight is that there is no spiritual bullshit (not a slight to the true advaita/non-dual teachers out there) or pick-up theories. The idea of being your own best friend is congruent with every real spiritual teaching there is, without the dogma. It is the healthiest thing you can do. It is the most alluring to women and men. But most important, the most alluring to me/you.

It is "difficult" because one has to experience what is in the way. The negative emotions are real, even if their meaning is made-up. Intense negative emotions are brutal, almost impossible to take on directly. I know this from experience. But I have seen miracles as well, watched as feelings literally turned into energy and dissipated into the universe.

Its great to hear folks like the Kidd!! apply these things to life, I appreciate this site!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:43 pm 

Yudansha wrote:
I used to work in sales and was never that good at it. But it was out of introversion, rather than being comfortable with who I am. What I like about this sight is that there is no spiritual bullshit (not a slight to the true advaita/non-dual teachers out there) or pick-up theories. The idea of being your own best friend is congruent with every real spiritual teaching there is, without the dogma. It is the healthiest thing you can do. It is the most alluring to women and men. But most important, the most alluring to me/you.

It is "difficult" because one has to experience what is in the way. The negative emotions are real, even if their meaning is made-up. Intense negative emotions are brutal, almost impossible to take on directly. I know this from experience. But I have seen miracles as well, watched as feelings literally turned into energy and dissipated into the universe.

Its great to hear folks like the Kidd!! apply these things to life, I appreciate this site!
BTW
The Sedona method
The abundance course
The Just allow it course
or the book: 'letting go pathway to surrender'
are all based on advaita/non-duality teachings and their aim is how to deal with emotions and let them go (although sometimes the marketing of the Sedona method\The abundance course is a bit over the top).

I had a lot of hard time dealing\letting go of emotions and these programs are good.

they all lead to the same goal but the style is a bit different

my favorites are: The Just allow it course
& the book: 'letting go pathway to surrender'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

The easiest person in the world to sell to is a salesperson.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:19 pm 

On one hand Sniper is right. Respect to Dale Carnegie, but that book was written at a different time for a different type of societal environment. It is no longer really applicable. It's like, even though modern computing was founded on languages like Fortran and COBOL, modern programmers are more likely to be taught C++ and VisualBasic...those languages are just more applicable in today's computing environment. :geek:

But on the other hand...Sniper also confounds me because he is very program dependent. I mean, he creates this forum, which I see as a small beacon of hope for men who have no idea what path they should be on, and then inadvertently dilutes the message here by constantly referring various programs because he himself has trouble wrapping his head around the various concepts presented in a forum he created. It's awkward for me to see. It's like he can't help himself...like he's a program addict or something. :geek:

I mean, if I had a dollar for every time he has been told to 'let it go', I could probably buy a new laptop...or a tablet at least. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:55 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
On one hand Sniper is right. Respect to Dale Carnegie, but that book was written at a different time for a different type of societal environment. It is no longer really applicable. It's like, even though modern computing was founded on languages like Fortran and COBOL, modern programmers are more likely to be taught C++ and VisualBasic...those languages are just more applicable in today's computing environment. :geek:

But on the other hand...Sniper also confounds me because he is very program dependent. I mean, he creates this forum, which I see as a small beacon of hope for men who have no idea what path they should be on, and then inadvertently dilutes the message here by constantly referring various programs because he himself has trouble wrapping his head around the various concepts presented in a forum he created. It's awkward for me to see. It's like he can't help himself...like he's a program addict or something. :geek:

I mean, if I had a dollar for every time he has been told to 'let it go', I could probably buy a new laptop...or a tablet at least. :mrgreen:

:lol:

well big man,

I'm not sure if you are referring to what I said in regards to:

The Sedona method
The abundance course
The Just allow it course
or the book: 'letting go pathway to surrender'

but regardless, 'let it go' may be easier for some people and... not so easy for others-
we all have different personalities and DNA\genes.
We also have different life experiences that shaped our reality.

even two people who will have the exact same life experiences will process them differently.

So for some people letting go is easy: you just tell them 'let go' and they can do a switch,
for others (like me) it's not that easy.

Also the Sedona\abundance\JAI\pathway to surrender resources are based around non duality teachings. I always loved eastern philosophy and non duality\Advaita teachings and I was reading about this stuff and other eastern philosophy stuff way before this forum was created.

I also spent some time in an ashram in India - but it was a long time ago :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 pm 

You know...maybe it's not that you're program dependent...maybe it's more that you need structure. The concepts presented here are often quite abstract and borderline obtuse. In retrospect, that makes more sense. Does that sound more probable to you, Snipes? :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

'let it go' is not easy.

It is a finger, pointing towards the moon.

You may take whatever method you need, in order to be able to see the moon.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:18 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
You know...maybe it's not that you're program dependent...maybe it's more that you need structure. The concepts presented here are often quite abstract and borderline obtuse. In retrospect, that makes more sense. Does that sound more probable to you, Snipes? :geek:
Yea... this makes sense. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:46 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I Think I'm the same, as far as I can remember I was always attracted to structuring and characterising things, in everything..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:58 pm 

I am two people, when I go to work I Have to interact with coworkers constantly, sometimes shouting. my third day on the job, the head chef told me that I have to start yelling...

once I clock out, I am back to my tight personal sphere.

I do often try to find the most quiet places to do my prep work. people usually come and sleep, cuz it's so quiet, until the usual loud mouth comes around and starts doing things to get attention... and then I pick up pace and leave.

Space.