Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: On brent smith...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:24 pm 

Inspired by http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 075#p36075
On Brent smith's story creation technique.
written on a pua fourm no less
Quote:

Story creation is just another delusion. Keep in mind that %99.9999 of the society is deluded and to be "enlightened" is to be that 0.000001% that's not delusional and to "see things as they are".

Therefore, if you're going to live in the matrix, then you're going to choose between one delusion or the other, than it's better to pick the "positive" delusion, aka the story creation.

The problem is, it's kinda an all or nothing deal. To be that 0.000001% you have to give up everything, including your goal to seduce women. So if you're going to live in the matrix, you may as well have it your way, the false delusion that benefits you (being rich, sucessful) rather than being poor, victim, etc...

A good example of this in the movie The Matrix, when the bad dude decides he wants to take the blue pill and go back into the Matrix but rich with filet mignon and women and all that.

Story creation is like being aware of the matrix, of the red pill, but you still decide to swallow the blue pill and create your own "delusion".
Enlightenment is like taking the red pill, it is permanent, there is no going back, you are throwing out the water with the baby, all your goals are gone, as well as any sense of control over your life. You just "live" and let the universe take you wherever it wants to.

Enlightenment is still the truth, it is still truth-realization, whether you want to close your eyes and pretend it's not there, it's still there. The universe still controls you, whether you like it or not, the blue-pill is just a false sense of security, a false sense of self, to make you think you have a say in the matter.

I say don't worry about the enlightenment stuff. Keep meditating, AND use story creation. When the time comes you will "realize" the truth, with the red pill, and at that point there is no going back anyway. Trying to reach enlightenment is a pointless pursuit anyway, it's irrelevant, because you have no say or control over the matter, you will get there eventually.
Just found it interesting.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

Post subject: Re: On brent smith...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm 

Invite the guy over

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:58 pm 
fufe wrote:
Invite the guy over
Ohhhh Fufe.

There is a good chance this person has already been inoculated with our vaccine.

Whoever the person is they are using too much of the words and concepts that we use.

Most places that are similar to us talk about similar things in different ways. Be suspicious.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:10 pm 

Great minds think alike, it is impossible that there are not others like us.

We are isolated for the simple reason that for the most part we are loners, and have no need of the spotlight. :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:20 pm 

very good stuff, thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 pm 
Altair wrote:
Great minds think alike, it is impossible that there are not others like us.

We are isolated for the simple reason that for the most part we are loners, and have no need of the spotlight. :geek:
Agreed to a certain degree. We have expanded rapidly since 2010 though. At 386 members with few to no bots there are most likely members of our community that have not renounced PUA forums but still subscribe to a lot of our views.

Also, what the hell is the terminology for the men's groups that are out there. I think it's like MGOTW or something. I think you called it the manosphere. That's what I'm trying to get at.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm 

go through this guy's posts, plenty of goodies there http://www.pua-zone.com/showthread.php? ... -Principle

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 am 

that post have several flaws in its considerations, it uses new-age concepts and words as if they implied the same meaning for everyone, the perspective of the author ,his thiking is very dualistic , and even the concept of permanent Enlightenment is wrong, technically speaking permanent Enlightenment is not possible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:43 am 

I don't like it :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:56 am 

I don't agree with everything the author says but he does have a few valid points even if we take out the 'new age' thing and connect it to what we are talking about:
Quote:
On Brent smith's story creation technique \ written on a pua fourm no less
Quote:
Story creation is just another delusion. Keep in mind that %99.9999 of the society is deluded and to be "enlightened" is to be that 0.000001% that's not delusional and to "see things as they are".
forget about 'enlightenment' for a moment...

'Story creation is just another delusion'- in a way it is...

rewriting your story (until it becomes a reality) is useless in my opinion-

for example: I can write and rewrite that 'I'm a chick magnet' or that 'I'm rich'....
what's the point?

If I want to become a chick magnet and I'm not, I need to learn what I'm doing wrong and what I need to improve:
example:
Do I have a needy vibe that I'm projecting?
Do I need better social skills?

after I figure out the problem I will search for people or books who can help me 8-)

If I want to make more money I need to find a way (again, like learning from people or books written by people who have done it and can teach me how...) :geek:

Quote:
Therefore, if you're going to live in the matrix, then you're going to choose between one delusion or the other, than it's better to pick the "positive" delusion, aka the story creation.
In the end, what do we really want at the core?
to be happy with or without women, not to be depended upon women for our happiness
@Kidd
you always start with 'becoming your own best friend'...

You don't tell guys go have sex with 200 women and then become your own best friend because you know deep down what guys 'really want' and that by becoming your own best friend in the end will also help you get women because you don't project a needy vibe and you will also be indifferent to rejections.

becoming your own best friend does not require to write or rewrite over and over: 'I'm my own best friend' but rather to 'face your demons'...
Quote:
you have to give up everything, including your goal to seduce women.
If you are going on the path of inner work and becoming your own best friend it's better to not focus on seducing women at that stage but focus on yourself.
You don't need to give up seducing women if an opportunity comes along however the main focus should be on yourself esp. if you just begun walking this path and you spent years chasing for approval from women...
Quote:
A good example of this in the movie The Matrix, when the bad dude decides he wants to take the blue pill and go back into the Matrix but rich with filet mignon and women and all that.
Again, having women and money is awesome and you can have all that, but...
if you chase money and women while still in the matrix with the pink pill in your ass- well...
Quote:
Enlightenment is like taking the red pill, it is permanent, there is no going back

Let's replace enlightenment with stepping out of the matrix, becoming your own best friend, becoming free.

Of course your goals are not 'gone', as pointed earlier you can still have money, women and etc...
but you will see everything differently now and you can't go back ('The value theory', 'everything in life is conditional' and etc...)
Quote:
I say don't worry about the enlightenment stuff. Keep meditating, AND use story creation.
I would replace this with becoming your own best friend, working on your front, clout, niche edge and improving your unique personality traits.
Writing your goals once is enough in my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am 

I've always had an aversion to this story creation idea. What is the point? I like my real story, I wouldn't be here without it. My real story gives me depth, character, experience, contrast. Why would I bother changing it? There's treasure in there. Any story creation will be superficial compared to your actual story because it'll be based on superficial wants.

I can imagine all the Brent proteges walking around think,'I'm rich! I'm a pussy magnet! I fuck hot bitches!'. Waste of time, just inundating your mind with elaborate nonsense.

Do some real work, fuckers! You can be far more interesting that way.

As for the article, it's a mess. 'Don't chase enlightenment, but keep on filling your mind with bullshit stories'. Enlightenment is nothing but seeing the truth of things, as they are. It's not spiritual or divine or any other mystical word you can think of. Go over your real story, and find the gold in that. Then you'll naturally move on anyway. I guess people always have to look for the quick fix... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:19 am 

There is no such thing as a positive self-fulfilling prophecy.

You can stand in front of the mirror and say "I will be a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers" and you can do that a million times, but the truth is it is not going to work.

The truth is you are capable of some things and you are not capable of other things. No amount of coaching or hype inside your nervous system is going to make any difference at all.

However, there is such a thing as a negative self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you don't think that you can do something, then you will not try. And if you do not try, you cannot succeed.

So if you are mistaken in your assessment of whether or not you can do something, you will be defeated before you get started.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 pm 

Flux wrote:
Quote:

The problem is, it's kinda an all or nothing deal. To be that 0.000001% you have to give up everything, including your goal to seduce women. So if you're going to live in the matrix, you may as well have it your way, the false delusion that benefits you (being rich, sucessful) rather than being poor, victim, etc...

Story creation is like being aware of the matrix, of the red pill, but you still decide to swallow the blue pill and create your own "delusion".
Enlightenment is like taking the red pill, it is permanent, there is no going back, you are throwing out the water with the baby, all your goals are gone, as well as any sense of control over your life. You just "live" and let the universe take you wherever it wants to.

Enlightenment is still the truth, it is still truth-realization, whether you want to close your eyes and pretend it's not there, it's still there. The universe still controls you, whether you like it or not, the blue-pill is just a false sense of security, a false sense of self, to make you think you have a say in the matter.

I say don't worry about the enlightenment stuff. Keep meditating, AND use story creation. When the time comes you will "realize" the truth, with the red pill, and at that point there is no going back anyway. Trying to reach enlightenment is a pointless pursuit anyway, it's irrelevant, because you have no say or control over the matter, you will get there eventually.

sounds like something I wrote a while back, funny enough the link leads to a topic of the same name...there are no coincidences.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1233&p=14903&hilit= ... ple#p14903

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 pm 
Sai wrote:
Flux wrote:
Quote:

sounds like something I wrote a while back, funny enough the link leads to a topic of the same name...there are no coincidences.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1233&p=14903&hilit= ... ple#p14903
Told you the guy was already here Fufe :ugeek:

Glad to see you ditched that talk because you definitely talk differently now. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 am 

Actually, Story Creation techniques produce excellent results if you do them in the right mind state, take a look at Neuroplasticity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:25 am 
Site Admin

eldora wrote:
Actually, Story Creation techniques produce excellent results if you do them in the right mind state, take a look at Neuroplasticity.
Wanna know more, please.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am 

Dali, it's easy - google 'Neuroplasticity'.

eldora - No matter what story you create for yourself, and no matter how many times you repeat it in a day over however many years....your real story is still your real story. In my opinion it's a waste of energy and time. The key is to go over your actual story and embrace it rather than replace it. When you can do this, the aspects of your conditioning that you don't want, that are holding you back and that you are trying to change(with a perfect little story!) begins to loosen it's control over you. The actual neural networks seem to 'drop', or 'ebb away'.

I won't diminish decades of Scientific research, but the problem with modern science(and also much of this LoA-sphere) is that it treats human as nothing more than a complex machine, which is only half the story. Part of us is heavily susceptible to conditioning, of course, but the core of us is more subtle and intelligent than to be tricked by our minds(story creation is a mind idea - so you're trying to fight Mind with Mind).

I'm not saying stay beholden to you current story, but in essence all I suggest is to look at your actual story more objectively, and from there the references - let's use money and women as generic examples, because most men seem to be fixated on these - relinquish their control because you see them as they are. The deep rooted conditioning will still be there, sometimes only for a matter of time, while others don't ever lose it(depending on the grip of your mind) - but the important thing is that now one is aware of it. Awareness destroys barriers.

Use your time more wisely than creating a superficial fairytales for yourself and get into the trenches. In the large majority of cases, wants, goals, desires, new stories etc are not thought through from all angles of reality. People tend to view them from a misty prism, where nothing 'bad' or 'wrong' ever happens, where they all manifest 'perfectly', where you don't have to deal with anything 'boring' in order to get them. Essentially living from the light-based nature of everything. Same with the 'pleasure principle'. It lacks contrast and is unsustainable. Not to mention, mundane.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Rolan wrote:
Dali, it's easy - google 'Neuroplasticity'.

eldora - No matter what story you create for yourself, and no matter how many times you repeat it in a day over however many years....your real story is still your real story. In my opinion it's a waste of energy and time. The key is to go over your actual story and embrace it rather than replace it. When you can do this, the aspects of your conditioning that you don't want, that are holding you back and that you are trying to change(with a perfect little story!) begins to loosen it's control over you. The actual neural networks seem to 'drop', or 'ebb away'.

I won't diminish decades of Scientific research, but the problem with modern science(and also much of this LoA-sphere) is that it treats human as nothing more than a complex machine, which is only half the story. Part of us is heavily susceptible to conditioning, of course, but the core of us is more subtle and intelligent than to be tricked by our minds(story creation is a mind idea - so you're trying to fight Mind with Mind).

I'm not saying stay beholden to you current story, but in essence all I suggest is to look at your actual story more objectively, and from there the references - let's use money and women as generic examples, because most men seem to be fixated on these - relinquish their control because you see them as they are. The deep rooted conditioning will still be there, sometimes only for a matter of time, while others don't ever lose it(depending on the grip of your mind) - but the important thing is that now one is aware of it. Awareness destroys barriers.

Use your time more wisely than creating a superficial fairytales for yourself and get into the trenches. In the large majority of cases, wants, goals, desires, new stories etc are not thought through from all angles of reality. People tend to view them from a misty prism, where nothing 'bad' or 'wrong' ever happens, where they all manifest 'perfectly', where you don't have to deal with anything 'boring' in order to get them. Essentially living from the light-based nature of everything. Same with the 'pleasure principle'. It lacks contrast and is unsustainable. Not to mention, mundane.
I am not that stupid Rolan, I wanna know more about the "excellent results" and the "in the right mindset" he talked about. :?
Guess I didn't specify which part I wanted to know more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 am 

:lol:

I'm messing around.

You just have to try it for yourself. The amount of times I've looked for testimonials from other people because I was feeling a little out of control in my life...well, they're nice to read or hear, but ultimately irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 pm 

This is how I perceive it;

Think of your mind as a harbour, and your thoughts and feeling as the ships and their cargo. The ships are badly rusting, the hull is leaking through multiple punctures and the cargo is damaged and past it's sell by date. What is more effective in the longer term; Painting over the rust, sealing up the hull haphazardly and using damaged cargo? Or is it releasing the cargo, dismantling the ship, selling the scrap metal and using the funds to build a new ship to put into the harbour? The latter takes longer and probably costs a little more in the interim, but long term will it be more effective?

I'm over elaborating of course; but when you view your story objectively, the pathways come down of their own accord due to your increased awareness. Therefore, you don't actually have to consciously create a new story or use any affirmation. These are synonymous with a person not trusting their inner self, in my opinion. It's using effects to combat effects, rather than facing the cause which created the effect. The cause is not only what you were 'taught' from the womb, it's also passed down biologically, just so you know what you're dealing with here :lol:

If people want to go ahead and look in the mirror and tell themselves 'Goddamn I'm beautiful, sexy, rich and everyone wants to hang out with me', as per Brent's recommendation as part of story creation, then fine...but the cause that leads a person to NEED to do these things will always be there, simply because the person is still DOING these things in order to feel a certain way about themselves.

Powerful men don't need this.