Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: On brent smith...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:13 pm 

Rolan wrote:
I'm far happier not trying to impose a list of wants onto my mind during my day. The really interesting thing for me was that when I stopped telling myself I was, for example, 'Wealthy', I also stopped telling myself I was 'Poor'.
;)
Now you're talking ! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:07 pm 

Personally, I disagree with everything in that post. Im only treating it as an opinion, nothing personal. On top of that, every guy in here is obsessed with attracting more women, so who's the one that's really delusional? And a pua posted this? C'mon mannnn.

Yes, the matrix is a part of a system of beliefs and stories that we were taught at an early age to follow a capitalistic society. But unlike the movie, we cant live on a spaceship outside of the matrix and download kung fu to our brains in a matter of seconds. In order to be able to bend the spoon we have to work at it. The only thing that makes this reality what it is is our minds. Quantum physics has proven that. Our minds are the most powerful tool we have control over in this reality. All this reality is is just some kind of fucked up game were playing and we were taught rules on how to play it since we were kids.

Creating your own story is creating your own rules. There's nothing wrong with it, it's choosing to create your life to be a certain way instead of following the sheep. And if your not taking responsibility for your story then chances are ypur still playing the victim on some level. Like I said, more then 90% of the stuff that's posted on here is about women. You guys are just making up your own rules and saying that this is the right way to do things and the other way is wrong just like the matrix tells us.

Working on your mind and creating new beliefs and mindsets is an extremely powerful thing. Having confidence with women doesn't just happen automatically after downloading years of negative programming and the guys that are on this forum and other forums are an example. All of us are working towards the same thing. Call it whatever you want but we are all in the same process of changing our beliefs. You dont do affirmations or change your story, it doesnt matter, were all in that process of changing our beliefs and we are all still telling ourselves some kind of story about our self image on one level or another. Most of the posts on this forum is someone telling a type of story about themselves and why or why not something is happening. its all a story and changing that story is not a bad thing. Some look for evidence, let go, do affirmations, there's not one that's better then the other.

Also, there's a big difference in writing down a new story and trying to become it than writing down your story and just being it. Most people don't have the balls to just be the person they want to be and that's where the true change is. That is what brent teaches. Most people hang on to there self image because they're afraid. When you say fuck it and just be the guy you want to be, thats when the shit starts happening. "There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path". But again, most people cant let go, they like to just pretend they are making progress. Also most people cant believe that its that easy. But do what you like, this is only my opinion and just to be clear, I'm not attacking anyone and I'm not looking for a debate. I'm only giving my opinion from my experience.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:44 pm 

Quote:
Some look for evidence, let go, do affirmations, there's not one that's better then the other.
THIS...is where I beg to differ. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:10 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Some look for evidence, let go, do affirmations, there's not one that's better then the other.
THIS...is where I beg to differ. :geek:
What I meant was its all the same regarding the belief that by doing these things we will attain something like more money or more women. I'm sure others won't agree with what I had to say either but other guys will agree, they may not be a part of this forum though ha! But no matter what, being it/walking the path is the only way to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I've lived it. I've gone through hell in my past and now my life is completely different and I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:34 pm 

I see your point, but it's kinda flawed. :geek:

You see, affirmations are a belief...a belief that by telling yourself something ad nauseam, it will manifest externally. It's like you're trying to incept yourself with bullshit that doesn't exist...that your brain already knows is bullshit. :?

However...gathering evidence and/or letting something go deals with things that actually DO exist. Evidence that a chick is jocking you is REAL...letting something go that hinders you is REAL. That's why doing either of those to things leads to REAL RESULTS. :ugeek:

Affirmations are hooey...plain and simple. Nowhere NEAR the same class of the other 2 'beliefs'. :geek:

That said, to me, making your own story is like one big fat all encompassing affirmation. It's a foundation laid in bullshit. I just can't get behind that. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:01 pm 

I get what your saying 100%. I'm not a rookie with this stuff at all, however I respect your wisdom. You've been at this alot longer than I have.

In my experience, yes, letting go is hands down the most important thing you can do. And by letting go, I don't mean just letting go of negative emotions, I mean let go of everything. Let go of the idea of what this reality is. Like in the movie the matrix, when Morpheus is telling neo how the world he lives in isnt even real and he asks him is it so hard to believe? This reality isn't real at all, it's a complete illusion. When you can accept that, you step into another world.

However, saying that making up your own story is a lie, we'll yea it is a lie, everything that guys are telling themselves now is a lie. But like I said, when you come from a place of being it, you've stepped into a completely different mindset from the one you used to have an your living life a completely different way. Writing your story down and TRYING to become it, yea it's retarded. Few people have the balls to just step into it and live it which is what changing your story truly is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 pm 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All stories are false.

Negative "social matrix" stories are false. Positive "story creation" stories are false.

Try dropping all your stories. Let go of them all.

Be with what is. Let go of what is not.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 pm 

On the obsessed with women bit.

If you notice the members that have been around for a long time/since the beginning...it's not really a focus. At times I'm not even really sure how good it is when you reach true don't give a fuck if you get laid levels.

When I was going out to nightclubs at least once or twice I week I was really fluent and good at social interactions as time goes on and I turn the vast majority of my energy to intellectual pursuits and gym time (soon) I notice that I'm getting more awkward and making mistakes and my mind is slipping in ways it never used to when I was praticing.

There is a balance in everything which I'm obviously neglecting, but at the same time balance almost needs to be neglected if you want to compete at the highest levels of anything and you kinda have to get "obsessed" to really have that hunger to learn and implement all the nuisances of a game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:01 pm 

Meraki wrote:

Negative "social matrix" stories are false. Positive "story creation" stories are false.

:!:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 am 

Meraki wrote:

+1 (no surprise there)!

The ego is convinced that you have control over what your next thought is (check it - you don't), and that these thoughts or stories are what is actually creating reality. Loves to twist something like quantum physics into this belief that it controls the world.

To let go of all stories is to see that they are just part of the matrix/dream world - they are inside of it, not the generating source of it. You can observe thought, so there is obviously something more fundamental than thought. You can observe "you" so there is something more fundamental than that.

But to ask someone to let go of all of that is to strip them of everything. If it's not my thinking and beliefs creating this world, if they are just inside of it, then maybe I'm not in control of all of this in the way I thought. Maybe the only thing left to do is humble myself, be present with what is, observe, question, and let life/"gut" dictate treating each moment accordingly, which may be different than the last moment. All certainty is gone, my nice little model of how the universe works is gone, all safety nets are gone, all comforting illusions are gone. The belief that you are a total victim of this world or that belief that you are the total master creator of it are exactly the same coin. As with all this stuff there's a middle. You can let go of your bullshit and work on yourself without thinking that sharks won't eat you because you changed your subconscious beliefs because they create everything.

It's a lot to ask. You have to want it more than just eating the steak (and it won't even necessarily lead to attracting any more women!) :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:08 am 

Flow wrote:
+1 (no surprise there)!
:D
Flow wrote:
The belief that you are a total victim of this world or that belief that you are the total master creator of it are exactly the same coin.
I love how you put that. Very well said.
Flow wrote:
As with all this stuff there's a middle. You can let go of your bullshit and work on yourself without thinking that sharks won't eat you because you changed your subconscious beliefs because they create everything.
This too. The middle way.

Adyashanti on the Middle Way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoaAGBoy09c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkG2k7Smmeo

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:28 am 
Site Admin

Nicely put Flow

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 am 

Flow83 wrote:
You can let go of your bullshit and work on yourself without thinking that sharks won't eat you because you changed your subconscious beliefs because they create everything.

It's a lot to ask. You have to want it more than just eating the steak (and it won't even necessarily lead to attracting any more women!) :ugeek:
nice Flow, I loved this part
:mrgreen:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:07 am 

Altair wrote:
On the obsessed with women bit.

If you notice the members that have been around for a long time/since the beginning...it's not really a focus. At times I'm not even really sure how good it is when you reach true don't give a fuck if you get laid levels.
Spot on

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:43 am 

What i am seeing in these post, is a very narrow/extreme perspective of what affirmations (as a subset of Conscious Creation) are and how they really work. Heck even Meditation Gurus like Shinzen Young (which I used to practice his techniques long time ago) talks about "Positive Creation", so if masters of meditation like SY are recognizing this line of Innerwork, that tells us something. So why so many of MentalPushUppers here are not able to see it ?

Affirmations WORK when you approach them from the Perspective of your BEIGNESS, when you do them for the sake of that it is what you want to BE or Be able to Express without Expectations of any kind of external reaction or stimulus. Also the vast majority of affirmations I've seen from Gurus are Worded incorrectly, someone might argue this is just semantics , but for your "subconscious" mind if such thing exist, makes a lot of difference.

Positive Creation techniques also work to pull out your Shadow which is not something that you have Destroy. They are aspect of yourself that need to be integrated and where your Real POWER comes from. When you use an affirmation, is not about repeating them over and over again hoping it will get into the subconscious part of you mind (although for some/many these approach have given them some results), this way is of course very mechanical and it has been perpetuating by the Self-Help Industry to brainwash the Sheep even more.

Affirmations or Conscious Intentions are powerful when they are used as a Way to dissolve your Internal Resistance , integrate the disowned aspects of Yourself and not as a way to bypass your Shadow.

Any belief system, called Positive affirmations, Society programming even the so called Front&Clod (Way of Pimping) are still within the Matrix so there is no such thing of living outside the Matrix,perhaps, yes, outside the little bubble matrix where the Sheep live.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:15 am 

eldora wrote:
even the so called Front&Clod (Way of Pimping) are still within the Matrix
not really, the point of front and clout as Kidd explained:
Quote:
The reason why I tell guys to improve their front and clout is in hopes that while they are doing so, they end up really getting into themselves...loving themselves...becoming their own best friend...THAT is what ultimately gives you the edge. You couple that with the front and clout tools you've developed along the way and you become a MONSTER. :ugeek:

This is why you see complete tools and losers with little front and clout driving bitches crazy...because for some reason they are still totally comfortable with themselves as IS. The guys that need the help I provide of course are no where near there...and they usually are in the mindset that they have to DO something to get there. So, since I understand that mentality, I GIVE them something to do that, when they look back, realize immensely helped them in their lives and will continue to enrich their lives long term. :geek:

Basically, I give you something to believe in until you finally believe in yourself. That, in a nutshell, is my secret sauce. ;)
source:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 812#p24812

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:23 am 

All the "work" you are describing is using the affirmation or similar as a springboard for actual introspection and inner work. Shinzen Young obviously is part of a deeper broader teaching where introspection, meditation etc is also emphasized. It's a tool - it's how you use it. Can use the affirmation to see how you react internally when you imagine yourself being that way. can show you aversions attachments resistance and so on for you to get to work

As for extremist, at one level there is a place to go beyond all of it. This is not a denial but opening up to a broader perspective that no longer sees everything as self oriented and from the self. Then five minutes later you can work on yourself with no reservations. Both extremes are true at the same time from the perspective of each and the real freedom is the ability to move between them.

So excuse my taking it to space and the link - I bow out of the Brent thread now. Take whatever works for you from him and anyone else until it doesn't. Don't get stuck anywhere no matter how nice it seems (or ugly).

And ps- no matter what level or depth or whatever you want to call it, your "everywhere I go supermodels try to have sex with me" affirmation is not going to happen- and sharks will still eat you, no matter how much you are "being it" - middle way. Again it's the carpender not the tool.

Ps2- I also really like Brent, and give him props for steering guys in this direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:55 pm 

Reality factor > Delusional story

If you're having problems, it's far better to take a relaistic view of what's going on and do the inner work to change the reslults you want as opposed to saying "It's fine that I haven't showered in 3 weeks and wear the same jogging pants with holes in them everyday, girls don't care about that because I'm fine with myself, so they're fine with it too". Um, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Cob8cwmvw

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:13 am 

eldora wrote:
What i am seeing in these post, is a very narrow/extreme perspective of what affirmations (as a subset of Conscious Creation) are and how they really work. Heck even Meditation Gurus like Shinzen Young (which I used to practice his techniques long time ago) talks about "Positive Creation", .
I dont know in what context Shinzen talked about it, but the guy is a monk so I assume he wasnt using it to get money, women, a new car or whatever...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 am 

I was commenting on Brent Smith's story creation.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."