Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: On brent smith...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Rolan wrote:
This is how I perceive it;

Think of your mind as a harbour, and your thoughts and feeling as the ships and their cargo. The ships are badly rusting, the hull is leaking through multiple punctures and the cargo is damaged and past it's sell by date. What is more effective in the longer term; Painting over the rust, sealing up the hull haphazardly and using damaged cargo? Or is it releasing the cargo, dismantling the ship, selling the scrap metal and using the funds to build a new ship to put into the harbour? The latter takes longer and probably costs a little more in the interim, but long term will it be more effective?

I'm over elaborating of course; but when you view your story objectively, the pathways come down of their own accord due to your increased awareness. Therefore, you don't actually have to consciously create a new story or use any affirmation. These are synonymous with a person not trusting their inner self, in my opinion. It's using effects to combat effects, rather than facing the cause which created the effect. The cause is not only what you were 'taught' from the womb, it's also passed down biologically, just so you know what you're dealing with here :lol:

If people want to go ahead and look in the mirror and tell themselves 'Goddamn I'm beautiful, sexy, rich and everyone wants to hang out with me', as per Brent's recommendation as part of story creation, then fine...but the cause that leads a person to NEED to do these things will always be there, simply because the person is still DOING these things in order to feel a certain way about themselves.

Powerful men don't need this.
That's why confirmations exist.

This people have it all backwards:

They affirm shit in hopes of having a ton of bitches trow at them and fuck them, but if the inner is needy it automatically creates the repulsive effect, it's just postive mumbo jumbo. Because they want desperately to harvest those fruits of their affirmations *cof, cof wasted time cof*, desperately inventing some super attracted babes in their dream chambers, alas, when it doesn't happen it just confirmthe lack in their minds. As I said before they're just parroting shit all day long hoping the best happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 pm 

Oh I see, so this is what a man has to do to feel like a worthy human being...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Otghtsnnc

Standard for attractive behavior is to look in every mirror and tell yourself how beautiful and popular you are... This is what men were intended to be?

:|

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm 

I got good results with this type of techniques similar to Story Creation to modify specific personalities traits , I have not tried transforming my identity like BS preaches although I see a lot of validity on his teachings (given that he is not the first one talking about Affirmation and Visualizations), the problem I see is that I have not seen yet anyone in the market giving you the full approach.

The way I did this technique is quite different than BS Story Creation, I never did it in the mechanical way he shows on the podcasts. I mentioned Neuroplasticity just to let know that there is already some "Scientific" evidence of how malleable our Brains really are .

Part of the "Requirements" to apply this information is to let go of the way you see your "Reality", i guess the first thing that someone willing to try this would need to do is to let go of the Cause-Effect Concept, and there is also some techniques to correct your thinking if someone finds hard to do this.

Again all this would not work , if you are still trying to find the so called "Who you are".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:48 pm 
eldora wrote:
I got good results with this type of techniques similar to Story Creation to modify specific personalities traits , I have not tried transforming my identity like BS preaches although I see a lot of validity on his teachings (given that he is not the first one talking about Affirmation and Visualizations), the problem I see is that I have not seen yet anyone in the market giving you the full approach.

The way I did this technique is quite different than BS Story Creation, I never did it in the mechanical way he shows on the podcasts. I mentioned Neuroplasticity just to let know that there is already some "Scientific" evidence of how malleable our Brains really are .

Part of the "Requirements" to apply this information is to let go of the way you see your "Reality", i guess the first thing that someone willing to try this would need to do is to let go of the Cause-Effect Concept, and there is also some techniques to correct your thinking if someone finds hard to do this.

Again all this would not work , if you are still trying to find the so called "Who you are".
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 pm 

Good stuff.

Versions of this come up a lot- positive thinking or 'the secret,' pretty much all the same flavor. Perhaps repeating myself but what the hell -- in my experience the ONLY thing that "works" is you. If you are willing to actually confront your current self, life, views, where you are hiding, what is *truly* motivating your surface level desires, all that good stuff, you will do it. If you can put seeing things as they are above clinging to fantasies, and growth / truth above pain avoidance, then you get there-- which of course is a shift of perception and relationship, not of actually getting anywhere different. Noone can say how long it will take or how arduous it will be or not - but the willingness must be genuine.

If you are coming from that place, even the most ridiculously stupid method you've ever heard of can 'work' - because it's just a smokescreen for you actually being present with yourself and utilizing your own inner resources. You will find some actual, 'legit' success stories from even the most batshit insane techniques you've ever heard of, because you can't see someone's inner experience. It's just a fallacy to say the technique worked or didn't work. The person worked and the technique happened to focus them. Take 5 of us from this forum and tell us to visualize something, and you could have entirely different universes going on inside even though all might say the same term: i visualized. One could escape into fantasy, one could actually trigger himself, one could do something and get very inspired and then go do some actual work.

Notice how you could use something like looking at your current 'story' as an actual form of self introspection, and could use what you think your ideal one would be as a way to probe into those desires-- are they things I genuinely want to create as a man in my vision for my life or are they just trivial things I think will feel some void or make me look cool, and if so what's underneath that. Like eldora has obviously found ways to take the idea of it and apply it to him successfully in some aspect. As far as I'm concerned this is the only way to apply anything, and there's no need to force it if it doesn't resonate with you in the first place.

Of course, it's easiest to sell, both to people for $, and to your own inner system which likes to move towards pleasure and away from pain (actual work) to turn it into some ridiculous manifestation technique. Say it out loud and it happens!! Just keep telling yourself you are the man and everyone loves you, bro! Don't worry about all the stuff that comes up when you get within 100 yards of that thought that you may actually need to deal with. As Rolan said - the resolution of which would be more likely to make you not feel the need to be telling yourself this in the first place.

This is completely taking all of your authority away from yourself and bestowing it onto a technique - saying it either works or doesn't work. Maybe you do it, and it psychs you up a little bit to go work on a project - cool, take that for what it is and use it, or don't.

Oh no Zogler, that's just a limiting belief.. if you say it enough times and learn to BELIEVE it then you WILL be a linebacker for the 49ers!! :roll:

The way these techniques are often presented give people a sense of control -- not healthy responsibility and acceptance of the nature of reality, but a sense of CONTROL: make *that* girl like you, make everyone like you, have unlimited $$ and chicks etc - this is the way.

This is why if you challenge some hardcore followers of this stuff they will react like a fundamentalist christian. Even if they have not had any actual results for years, don't you dare challenge this idea that this is going to make it all perfect one day.

It even can sound so logical when you start throwing in crap about your 'subconscious mind' and beliefs. Except you can deeply, truly believe at the core that a bear won't kill you, like that documentary - and it doesn't change the actual nature of the bear.

These techniques can also create a completely protected system. "Oh, you just have a limiting belief about this work. If you change your story to one that says it works, then it will work." - There are other more spiritually oriented approaches that have the same thing. You can't have a real conversation because "well that too is just a belief/story and you can change that." The thing that makes it the most dangerous as that there IS some truth in it - it's just far from the full picture.

Believe it or not, back in the day when I first heard stuff, pretty much all Brent Smith talked about was letting go of all attachment, becoming so comfortable in your own skin and your own company that you literally don't care if anyone ever gives you any attention again. He would recommend books more in the spiritual vein that were about non-attachment and such. There were no catch phrases (except 'indifference' was used a lot), not this big thing around story as the key to life..

fascinating the directions things go in..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 pm 

Quote:
No matter what story you create for yourself, and no matter how many times you repeat it in a day over however many years....your real story is still your real story. In my opinion it's a waste of energy and time. The key is to go over your actual story and embrace it rather than replace it. When you can do this, the aspects of your conditioning that you don't want, that are holding you back and that you are trying to change(with a perfect little story!) begins to loosen it's control over you. The actual neural networks seem to 'drop', or 'ebb away'.

I agree, that why I implied on my first post that systems, techniques like BS Creation Story,The Secret,Beyond the Secret,Psychocibernetics,lack or miss that one element which is the “releasing”, “confrontation”, or let go of your inner fears,but…
Quote:
I won't diminish decades of Scientific research, but the problem with modern science(and also much of this LoA-sphere) is that it treats human as nothing more than a complex machine, which is only half the story. Part of us is heavily susceptible to conditioning, of course, but the core of us is more subtle and intelligent than to be tricked by our minds(story creation is a mind idea - so you're trying to fight Mind with Mind).
what do YOU THINK you have in your CORE ? whatever your answer might be i am sure it is just another Mind Idea .
Quote:
Awareness destroys barriers.
Awareness dissolves barriers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:39 am 

One has only to cease wrong action.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 am 

Dali wrote:

They affirm shit in hopes of having a ton of bitches trow at them and fuck them, but if the inner is needy it automatically creates the repulsive effect, it's just postive mumbo jumbo. Because they want desperately to harvest those fruits of their affirmations *cof, cof wasted time cof*, desperately inventing some super attracted babes in their dream chambers, alas, when it doesn't happen it just confirmthe lack in their minds. As I said before they're just parroting shit all day long hoping the best happen.
yes (we talked about this before), your mind\subconscious is not stupid:

you can say affirmations and visualize whatever you want all day long: such as- 'I'm a sexy motherfucker' (Corry Sky's style of affirmations) but... as soon as you hit enough rejections
all the affirmations and visualizations will go down the toilet....

Your mind needs external 'confirmations' in order to really believe something is true.

Of course if your subconscious carries loads of beliefs that you don't deserve women, trying to trick it into thinking you do- ain't going to do shit.

only by doing real inner work (which isn't always nice and pleasant) you can get to the root of the problem and then external reality can change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:49 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Believe it or not, back in the day when I first heard stuff, pretty much all Brent Smith talked about was letting go of all attachment, becoming so comfortable in your own skin and your own company that you literally don't care if anyone ever gives you any attention again. He would recommend books more in the spiritual vein that were about non-attachment and such. There were no catch phrases (except 'indifference' was used a lot), not this big thing around story as the key to life..

fascinating the directions things go in..
well I guess this stuff won't sell as much as: rewrite your story, say affirmations and chicks are going to fall all over you :lol:
maybe that's why he changed his direction of teachings....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Sniper wrote:
Dali wrote:

yes (we talked about this before), your mind\subconscious is not stupid:

you can say affirmations and visualize whatever you want all day long: such as- 'I'm a sexy motherfucker' (Corry Sky's style of affirmations) but... as soon as you hit enough rejections
all the affirmations and visualizations will go down the toilet....

Your mind needs external 'confirmations' in order to really believe something is true.

Of course if your subconscious carries loads of beliefs that you don't deserve women, trying to trick it into thinking you do- ain't going to do shit.

only by doing real inner work (which isn't always nice and pleasant) you can get to the root of the problem and then external reality can change.
You can't cheat the fucking universe man, it's ridiculous. Better get real with that motherfucker!!! And he will play with you accordingly. Life is a pimp. It's a magnificent loving computer. As McKenna said: "the universe is a big playful puppy". :mrgreen:
Universe knows more than you can ever know at any time. That's why we allow shit happen, because is a mirror of our internal state. But we are not victims of it. Rather a part of it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm 

This thread gives me gas :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:23 pm 

Quote:
Awareness dissolves barriers.
And semantics puts em right back up again :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:

Don't wait after sex, let it out now :lol:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:03 pm 
The Kidd!! wrote:
It's really not that complex. A lot of the threads in this section seem to get complex when they don't need to be.

For a while that intimidated me until I realized that I don't need to understand all that stuff on a complex level.

That will come in time. I only need what I need for the moment.

Also, I just have to say that gandhi and buddha didn't have neuroplasticity to reach their state of being.

More distraction than help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:04 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
It's really not that complex. A lot of the threads in this section seem to get complex when they don't need to be.

For a while that intimidated me until I realized that I don't need to understand all that stuff on a complex level.

That will come in time. I only need what I need for the moment.

Also, I just have to say that gandhi and buddha didn't have neuroplasticity to reach their state of being.

More distraction than help.
Yeah man - I know I go off on this topic lengthy sometimes but it is a love of sorts, a geeking out - it is not necessary, only to practice what works and trusting your own gut. Your gut knows bullshit a mile away. It's the promise of the 7-easy-steps-to-paradise that appeals to the fantasy - that becomes the shiny object and then you're in lala land, miles away from listening to your gut who is always telling you what's going on.

It's relatively new in the history of humanity to have enough free time, and access to info like the internet/marketing for this stuff to be out there and presented this way. It was generally part of some very rich tradition that involved years of practice and real stuff, not ebooks. Men stay in spiritual/self-help traps for years while the opportunity of actual life as a man, which is the biggest gift, passes by, and this hits me... partly because i was very much on the road to being deeper in such a trap until someone elses teaching broke the illusions. We all know what work we have to do and what to deal with, whether it's a surrender to something or to buckle down and do some homework. The real practice of this stuff was never meant to be a quick fix means of pain avoidance or distracting from life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Men stay in spiritual/self-help traps for years while the opportunity of actual life as a man, which is the biggest gift, passes by, and this hits me...
Excellent :D

Words like enlightenment, spirituality or the like have always been sickly words to me. I never really got the big deal about either, or why people are intent on chasing them. Bleurgh. They're subjective, mean different things to people. Even thinking about the notion of 'technique/s' bring about a nauseous feeling in me. I have nothing against Visualisation because some people work that way, but the whole 'RealityCreation-sphere' is too complicated to bother with.

I'm far happier not trying to impose a list of wants onto my mind during my day. The really interesting thing for me was that when I stopped telling myself I was, for example, 'Wealthy', I also stopped telling myself I was 'Poor'.

;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:43 pm 

If a guy has a real desire to go down that road it is a deep practice with rich tradition (something like Zen practice for example), and it is engaging, challenging, rewarding, all the stuff that speaks to a man. Could not have less to do with manifesting houses without effort, though not inherently opposed to it (or anything)-- it's a far more "destructive" process than it is creative, stripping away everything, uncovering something far greater than any story you tell yourself.

If you have a burning passion to be a basketball player it's no different. It's following your own self, doing what needs to be done, and putting it above chasing shiny objects and distractions/pain avoidance. That some of these beautiful and powerful teachings have been turned into modern buzzwords is crazy but also part of human nature. Just don't write off Bodhi Dharma because of 'The Secret,' hah.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm 

Bernard de Fontenelle.
http://personal.ashland.edu/~jmoser1/fontenelle.htm

"All philosophy," I told her, "is based on two things only: curiosity and poor eyesight; if you had better eyesight you could see perfectly well whether or not these stars are solar systems, and if you were less curious you wouldn't care about knowing, which amounts to the same thing, but we see things other than as they are. So true philosophers spend a lifetime not believing what they do see, and theorizing on what they don't see, and it's not, to my way of thinking, a very enviable situation...."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:58 pm 

Whatever it is: Am I doing this to engage with life, or to avoid it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:16 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
If a guy has a real desire to go down that road it is a deep practice with rich tradition (something like Zen practice for example), and it is engaging, challenging, rewarding, all the stuff that speaks to a man. Could not have less to do with manifesting houses without effort, though not inherently opposed to it (or anything)-- it's a far more "destructive" process than it is creative, stripping away everything, uncovering something far greater than any story you tell yourself.

If you have a burning passion to be a basketball player it's no different. It's following your own self, doing what needs to be done, and putting it above chasing shiny objects and distractions/pain avoidance. That some of these beautiful and powerful teachings have been turned into modern buzzwords is crazy but also part of human nature. Just don't write off Bodhi Dharma because of 'The Secret,' hah.
Flow83

you also mentioned that the original teachings of Lester Levenson were about non duality and becoming free and happy without needing anything. They were not about manifesting money, houses, chicks and etc...

Lester never said you need to avoid these things of course or that you can't have them, but his teachings were not about that.

Hale and Larry when they marketed Lester's teachings they made it about manifesting stuff on their sales pages. Correct?