Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: On brent smith...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
I was commenting on Brent Smith's story creation.
good video you posted here ^^--> 'Reality factor > Delusional story'

I think it is also true in regards to a lot of mainstream seduction stuff: a lot of it is outdated....

of course stuff like Speed Seduction or the Mystery method does not create real change in a man cause it's just tricks, and you won't get the woman- the woman 'gets you' (if one is looking for long term relationship using that stuff), but even for casual sex - many of the old school seduction stuff won't work anymore.

some of it could have worked before the book 'the game' was written and PUA went mainstream on the media esp. with the TV (VH1 show) 'the pick up artist'....

If you walk up to women today and ask for a female opinion while you don't really care or ask who lies more men or women- most women are already familiar that this shit is a pick up artist trick.
Or if you try to use weird speed seduction patterns- most women will recognize it's a BS trick.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:05 am 

I don't know if the pua stuff ever worked, at least for the reasons they thought it did.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:53 am 
caster wrote:
I don't know if the pua stuff ever worked, at least for the reasons they thought it did.
^^^^It never did

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:14 pm 

Here is my opinion: affirmations are a TOOL that leads to letting go! :)

I am not saying all affirmations are created equal, you have to word them correctly. For example: if your'e really fat, and affirm "I am a slim, sexy and fit man," your mind goes "bullshit," and it won't get you anywhere, its waisting time like someone else said here.

BUT, if you affirm "I deserve to be at a healthy weight," or "I CAN or I am becoming a fit man," than that's where the good things happen, you (your subconcious mind) can and will believe that things will START to happen for you even if they don't already exist. Also, shit will come up like maybe some belief that you didn't know you had about yourself that you picked up when you were a kid, like "all my family is fat so therefore I cant be fit, so it's in my genes," or maybe you don't feel like you deserve it, (don't love yourself enough,) that's where letting go come into play.

The way I see it, beliefs create and influence our reality, and in turn our reality also creates and influences our beliefs. :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 am 

The best way I've found to work with affirmations is this:

Work with affirmations that involve your Body not your mind, ie

* I feel good
* I am comfortable talking to others
* I talk with a relaxed and clear voice
* When walking I feel like....

It is about your Expression not your Expectations...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 am 

Darn. I had a long and elaborate answer (yet again.) but I let go trying to help people who can't even face themselves.

:evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:05 am 

Magnetic91 wrote:
Here is my opinion: affirmations are a TOOL that leads to letting go! :)

I am not saying all affirmations are created equal, you have to word them correctly. For example: if your'e really fat, and affirm "I am a slim, sexy and fit man," your mind goes "bullshit," and it won't get you anywhere, its waisting time like someone else said here.

BUT, if you affirm "I deserve to be at a healthy weight," or "I CAN or I am becoming a fit man," than that's where the good things happen, you (your subconcious mind) can and will believe that things will START to happen for you even if they don't already exist. Also, shit will come up like maybe some belief that you didn't know you had about yourself that you picked up when you were a kid, like "all my family is fat so therefore I cant be fit, so it's in my genes," or maybe you don't feel like you deserve it, (don't love yourself enough,) that's where letting go come into play.

The way I see it, beliefs create and influence our reality, and in turn our reality also creates and influences our beliefs. :geek:
If I'm fat and I need to lose weight- I just go on a diet and exercise,
I don't see the point of saying some statement over and over again....

If however I don't feel as if I deserve to be at a healthy weight, instead of repeating over and over:
"I deserve to be at a healthy weight," I'll just check within myself why I don't feel like I deserve it.

-Is it because my parents told me when I was young that I will always be fat?
-Is it because I'm afraid to look more sexy (because I grew up in a religious home where I was told that being sexy is a sin)?
-Is it because I'm afraid of taking action to become better with women so I'd rather remain fat and
it will give me an excuse why I'm not taking action (well, it's pointless to even try because I'm fat and women don't like fat men)...
-Is it because I tried different diets and they didn't work and I'm afraid to try a new diet and be disappointed again?

until you check your beliefs and work with them no real change will happen no matter how many times you repeat some statement.

And if you don't work with\on your internal beliefs - your mind will never accept the new statement
in the long run...

saying affirmations over and over again- is nothing more than being like this-->

[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote:
Darn. I had a long and elaborate answer (yet again.) but I let go trying to help people who can't even face themselves.

How about a short and concise answer?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:35 pm 

eldora wrote:
The best way I've found to work with affirmations is this:

Work with affirmations that involve your Body not your mind, ie

* I feel good
* I am comfortable talking to others
* I talk with a relaxed and clear voice
* When walking I feel like....

It is about your Expression not your Expectations...
* But what if I don't
* But what If I'm not
* But what if I don't

Just let it all go, affirmations will not change how you truly feel about yourself because you're not investigating how you truly feel about yourself, and why you truly feel that way about yourself. It's superficial.

In the BS video I posted above - IF that guy actually investigated;

How he feels about himself
Why he feels that way about himself
Why he feels he must feel another way about himself(life of the party, attractive to everyone and other cliches)

...then he wouldn't have to tell his reflection how wonderful he is every few minutes, which is sad because he's actually telling himself that he's not that wonderful person through his need to keep reminding himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:41 pm 

Rolan wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:

How about a short and concise answer?
It is my short and concise answer :geek:

Maybe too short even for you ?

YOU :
Quote:
IF that guy actually investigated;

How he feels about himself
Why he feels that way about himself
Why he feels he must feel another way about himself(life of the party, attractive to everyone and other cliches)

...then he wouldn't have to tell his reflection how wonderful he is every few minutes, which is sad because he's actually telling himself that he's not that wonderful person through his need to keep reminding himself.
ME :
Quote:
people who can't even face themselves
See ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:46 pm 

Short and concise answer? HOOEY. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Short and concise answer? HOOEY. 8-)
The Kidd calling hooey things he hasn't even tried: fair? no. but it is what it is. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 am 

@Rolan. Affirming things doesn't mean you give up introspection.

Last edited by Magnetic91 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:44 am 

Magnetic91 wrote:
saying affirmations over and over again- is nothing more than being like this-->
Sniper, you obviously don't know the science behind affirmations. They create new neuro-pathways as said earlier, the key is the emotions behind them, which bring about the real change. A belief is a repeated thought.

So no you don't have to "repeat them over and over," if you have no blocks, once can be enough.

here just one of the articles I found when doing a quick search:

HOW TO REWIRE YOUR BRAIN: THE SCIENCE BEHIND AFFIRMATIONS
You’ve heard about “affirmations” since the dawn of the Stuart Smalley. They’re those “I statements” that go something like this: I am grateful. I am lovable. I am open. Proponents of affirmations say—without reservation—that they work, releasing you from years of pent-up fear, pain, and shame. But is there any real science to back this up? The answer is unequivocally: yes.
ENTER SCIENCE
Evidence-based research shows that affirmations, like prayer, actually change the brain on a cellular level—in other words, what you think about matters—a lot. “Thoughts have a direct connection to your health,” says Dr. Joseph Dispenza, author of Physics, the Brain and Your Reality:
“Thoughts make a chemical. If you have happy thoughts, then you’re producing chemicals that make you feel happy. Negative, angry thoughts and fearful thoughts also produce chemicals to make you feel how you’re thinking.”
Neurons connect in your brain by attaching to thoughts and memories. Thoughts then become organized into a “pattern” or “neuro-net”. For example: The feeling of love is stored in a very large neuro-net. Each person builds his/her concept of love from many different ideas and experiences. Explains Dispenza:
“Some people have connected love to disappointment; so when they think about love, they instantly experience the memory of pain, sorrow, anger—even rage. Rage may be linked to hurt, which may be linked to a specific person, which then is connected back to love.”
In other words: brain cells that “fire together, wire together” And the more you feel a certain way, the more these nerve cells develop a long-term relationship.
HOW AFFIRMATIONS CHANGE YOUR BRAIN
Affirmations interrupt your maladaptive neuro-nets. And the more you use affirmations, the more those nerve cells that are connected to each other (i.e., firing together), start breaking the long-term relationship with your negative thoughts, literally re-wiring to your new, affirming beliefs. Science calls this neuroplasticity. So that’s the science. And there’s plenty more to back up these claims. So what are some ways to get affirmations into your everyday life?

http://www.peacelovelunges.com/blog/hea ... vhqa2piwq/[/quote]

@GB:Using affirmations is using a tool, doesn't mean I don't face myself, just means I'm using them to bring about change. And it's worked so I could care less if anyone says their bs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 am 

There is no false self to be affirmed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am 

Magnetic91 wrote:
@GB:Using affirmations is using a tool, doesn't mean I don't face myself, just means I'm using them to bring about change. And it's worked so I could care less if anyone says their bs.
Kidd, as I was quoting you, I saw for the first time your pseudo is a Semordnilap.

That's all.

No quotes coming. Did write another long answer and erased it. Go figure :mrgreen:

@Jared :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 am 

Jared wrote:
There is no false self to be affirmed.
@Jari the shaman:
8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm 

Magnetic91 wrote:

The Kidd calling hooey things he hasn't even tried: fair? no. but it is what it is. :lol:
Now, why do you think he hasn't he tried them?

Reading your post above Magnetic, I am reminded of how much I used to know compared to how little I know today. It's astonishing how much one can forget from the age of 18 to 28. I'm being literal for what it's worth ;)

I get where you're coming from, and you do what you feel you have to do. What the guys here are saying can save you alot of time and many dead ends, but that's not how we learn is it? We advance by listening to what the experienced ones have to say, and then ignoring it in the belief that our road is the one.

It all comes full circle anyway, and all roads lead to the same place eventually. So keep on doing what you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 pm 

I just can't this time :lol:

*takes a seat ringside* 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:01 pm 

Quote:
[ img ]