Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:43 am 

When most people here talk about push-ups, it seems that, at least in the beginning, they really plan for it. Like they take one hour or so out of their schedule to sit down and start meditating or introspecting. However, since 4-5 years ago, long before I found this forum, I've been naturally doing very irregularly timed pushups. I don't really plan it, but whenever there's a lapse in time, like when I'm taking a shower, walking or on a bus/train, i find myself either just naturally relaxing and letting my mind wander or introspecting on things I've done in the past. I can do this for 10 minutes or for hours.

Interestingly though, when I try to actually plan a meditation or introspection session, it never seems to work very well. Is this something I should be trying to fix or should I continue the way I always have?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 am 
Site Admin

Ray wrote:
When most people here talk about push-ups, it seems that, at least in the beginning, they really plan for it. Like they take one hour or so out of their schedule to sit down and start meditating or introspecting. However, since 4-5 years ago, long before I found this forum, I've been naturally doing very irregularly timed pushups. I don't really plan it, but whenever there's a lapse in time, like when I'm taking a shower, walking or on a bus/train, i find myself either just naturally relaxing and letting my mind wander or introspecting on things I've done in the past. I can do this for 10 minutes or for hours.

Interestingly though, when I try to actually plan a meditation or introspection session, it never seems to work very well. Is this something I should be trying to fix or should I continue the way I always have?
Short answer: Go with the flow.

If you want to read long answer ask.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 am 

Dali wrote:
Ray wrote:

Long answer plz.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:48 am 
Site Admin

Ray wrote:
Dali wrote:
Ray wrote:

Long answer plz.
There's nothing wrong to approach "push-ups" with the intention of doing it daily, like some sort of excercise, but more like do it terms cutting the innesentials of your personality. Efficency is not defined by every day working, but how well you do the "dropagge" and this is when you are brave enough to do it, and your mind is in a sharp neutral condition to face it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:13 am 

Quote:
i find myself either just naturally relaxing and letting my mind wander or introspecting on things I've done in the past
Don't just relax or introspect. Go where the pain is.

I am a naturally introspective guy. I have always taken my time to reflect on things, even the bad things that happened to me. I looked at the bad things, but then went back to "positive thinking" again. Or I gave these bad things a positive twist somehow.

I do it differently now. I really look at my fears. I make the things that happened to me even worse in my head and then I watch which emotions come up. In my opinion this is different than just introspecting.

Maybe check out the Balls Project...
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =22&t=3512

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Gonzo wrote:
Quote:
i find myself either just naturally relaxing and letting my mind wander or introspecting on things I've done in the past

I am a naturally introspective guy. I have always taken my time to reflect on things, even the bad things that happened to me. I looked at the bad things, but then went back to "positive thinking" again. Or I gave these bad things a positive twist somehow.

I do it differently now. I really look at my fears. I make the things that happened to me even worse in my head and then I watch which emotions come up. In my opinion this is different than just introspecting.

Yep, that's the battle dome, in the good sense.

Cry in the dojo laugh on the battlefield.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm 

Dali wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Quote:

Yep, that's the battle dome, in the good sense.

Hhmm, I see. Thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:03 pm 

Ray wrote:

Ray is depends how heavy your mind is leaning on you. Some people need to sit down and face the daemon as a matter of practice, others do it on the fly. If you have a real deep pain, then I suggest tackling the motherfucker from a more practical vantage. Otherwise what you're doing is just allowing it to come, and you seem pretty cool with it; so unless you have more pressing concerns?

The reason it isn't 'working' when you plan a session is because you're thinking in terms of making something happen. That's just what the mind does as it's very results orientated. If you're going to sit, do without expecting anything in return, and do it without deciding what it is you should be doing. Whatever needs to arise does, and even then let it go without analysing.

Lastly, there's nothing you should be trying to fix. Trying to fix is a mind concept, and you can't fix anything with the same tool that caused the malfunction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:39 am 

Dali wrote:
Man-o-man - love it.

Is it just my imagination, or is everyone in here fucking inspired today? :D

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:48 pm 

Gonzo wrote:
This.
Leo wrote:
Lastly, there's nothing you should be trying to fix. Trying to fix is a mind concept...
This.

And.

Doing push-ups, or anything for that matter, only takes away from yourself.

Enjoy the journey.

Dali wrote:
:mrgreen: