Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:15 am 

Grow a moustche (if you don´t have it) and deal with the consequences. :lol:

That´s what I did. I am a guy that was always shaved and that is definately my best look. I know it.

I had it for about two months and removed it by now but people still mention it. I was getting very mixed feedback and the feedback was always there. It was certainly a lot of reaction. Some women were coming up to me telling it´s really cool ( I grew a ridiculous from nothing to handlebar style) while others made an effort to come and tell me they don´t like it. Either way it was none of their business. One women came to me at the party to tell me that I look like a nazi. As she made a triple approach I had to tell her that I really don´t give slightest fu*k about what she thinks about it and its her job to get over it. By the last time she came to tell me "You know I love you." That particular weekend (it was a big camping out party of about 200 friends, most of pepole knowing each other) I had a lot of good fun but I have to say that I have been chalenged a lot. Probably the fact that I have managed to keep my cool regardless of other people opinons is what brought me so much satisfaction. But society is used to you the way you are and is not gonna help your change.

Now, that it is gone I bump into second wave of feedback, exactly: "You look so much better without it." I find it really annoying. No men ever says that, its only women. My friends guys normally say that it was really cool and funny (in a good way, bold in a sense) and they seem to understand the humor of it but women think as if everything is about them. I have to admit thatit annoys me. I know I look much better without it. Yet it was not about looking better for me but about putting myself at risk to create a character and some fun time... and I consider it a success cause I could handle it. I also wanted to let everyone know that I am not ashamed of my masculinity and some women really tried to make me feel like I should be.

What I realize is if you do something controversial there always gonna be people that are not gonna like it, so be ready for it, but there also gonna be others that will recognize the value of risk taking.
cheers all

P.S. I am not recomending growing moustaches. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 am 

There's definitely some good lessons contained within here, though nothing to do with a mustache...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:50 pm 

People who can't express themselves freely, find others who do, and either belittle them (actually belittling themselves in their efforts) or acknlowedge the others awesomeness!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

TheDude wrote:
People who can't express themselves freely, find others who do, and either belittle them (actually belittling themselves in their efforts) or acknlowedge the others awesomeness!
Usually the first, then if they get the right response the second is a given

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 am 

So for example...

Hater: You look like a creep with that mustache dude!!
Mustache'ee: cool dude :)
Hater: :? :oops:
Hater: No dude, it looks badass!
Mustache'ee: cool dude

The mustache'ee was indifferent to the haters comment...resulting in hater POSSIBLY filling up the mustache'ees empty space with a 'positive' comment :?: