Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mbraining
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 am 

I've been reading a book lately called mbraining. It's very interesting in that it says we humans have 3 brains: our head brain, our heart brain and our gut brain. There is actually more connections and info going to our head brain from our heart and gut brains! The head brain is the source of creativity, the heart brain is the source of emotions and the gut brain is the source of intuition. So all those expressions that have been going around for awhile like use your head, follow your heart, and listen to your gut are not metaphorical but literal. Most of us are or were trapped in our minds for most of our lives that we don't pay attention to our bodies enough. The book goes on to say that the best way to observe, learn, and grow is by coherent breathing. Coherent breathing is where you deep breath with your diaphragm to a count of 6 in and 6 out. This balances the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems which puts you into meditation. This is very interesting and I recommend others here to read the book.

Websites to check out:
Mbraining.com
Coherence.com
Heartmath.com

Post subject: Re: Mbraining
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 am 

Anybody check it out yet? I'd like to discuss it with somebody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am 

From http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=456 - Science of the heart thread

The posts following yours :
Grinus, and below :
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 037#p31029
Quote:
The thinking is that in some way the whole body is the 'brain'.
What hasn't been said ? Specifics of the book (special terms ...), because they didn't read this one.

But you should get the gist nonetheless ... :ugeek:

Edit : having read the 'opening page', it is similar to other readings of mine, said differently, hence why I didn't read it thouroughly.

Is it a wonder than science proves more and more what chinese/indian/buddhist/japanese philosophies/medicines said 5000/4000/ thousands of years ago :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 pm 

We're all using different modalities and methods to do this work. I just wanted to know if anybody was in the same boat as me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 pm 

http://www.ugkrishnamurti.net/ugkrishna ... pter1.html
Quote:
Because you want to use certain answers to end your problems, those problems continue. The numerous solutions offered by all these holy people, the psychologists, the politicians, are not really solutions at all. That is obvious. If there were legitimate answers, there would be no problems. They can only exhort you to try harder, practice more meditations, cultivate humility, stand on your head, and more and more of the same. That is all they can do. The teacher, guru, or leader who offers solutions is also false, along with his so-called answers. He is not doing any honest work, only selling a cheap, shoddy commodity in the marketplace. If you brushed aside your hope, fear, and naïveté‚ and treated these fellows like businessmen, you would see that they do not deliver the goods, and never will. But you go on and on buying these bogus wares offered up by the experts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am 

Coherent...breathing? :?

Why some of ya'll insist on making simple shit as complex as possible, I'll never know. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:

Why some of ya'll insist on making simple shit as complex as possible, I'll never know. :|
That's because "Simple" methods didn't sell well, or allure the masses into get caught.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 am 

Coherent breathing>relaxation>meditation>tapping the subconscious. From there you tune into your heart and gut along with the mind. Shit really isn't that complex 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 am 

I can kinda identify with reading too much on stuff, when I was like 15 or so I set out to find answers because things didn't make sense and I was/am a huge information junkie. Like I still cannot even walk through an area without reading all the signs and posters and everything.

Anyways, I would just read and read. At one point I read every pua's work I could find as well as psychology from legit sources. Dozens and dozens of books, seminars everything

That kind of information tends to paralyze you from taking action though you have all this stuff floating in your brain but it's theory and not personal experience. So you come to a situation where your trying to decide the logical course of action that is +EV (expected value). It's everything is in a old school filing cabinet and your like where is that and does it fit this situation the best?

Where as someone who has calibration is like a cray supercomputer being like several moves in advance? Yep that's this.

People probably won't listen but the key to that drive to know stuff is to create your own knowledge of everything from experience. Not in the meta concepts that are discussed here all the time. But the little stuff micro movements, little voice tone changes etc.

That's why I moved onto poker. I wanna know why you took an extra second longer to bet, why you change your cbet size. Why everything.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:19 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:

Because

wait for it

Simplicity before understanding is simplistic; simplicity after understanding is simple

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm 

mr.blueyes wrote:
Coherent breathing>relaxation>meditation>tapping the subconscious. From there you tune into your heart and gut along with the mind. Shit really isn't that complex 8-)
All of that shit is hella unnecessary, dude. I'm VERY in tune with my subconscious and I breathe however the fuck I want to. You're doing way too much. :|

Heed Altair's advice...or be forever stuck in a perpetual loop of non-essential and irrelevant information. :geek:

Also, this is my final attempt to steer you away from unnecessary shit...if you choose to continue to make this journey much more complicated than it needs to be, so be it. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm 

Your post here:
mr.blueyes wrote:
I've been reading a book lately called mbraining. It's very interesting in that it says we humans have 3 brains: our head brain, our heart brain and our gut brain. There is actually more connections and info going to our head brain from our heart and gut brains! The head brain is the source of creativity, the heart brain is the source of emotions and the gut brain is the source of intuition. So all those expressions that have been going around for awhile like use your head, follow your heart, and listen to your gut are not metaphorical but literal.
is followed by
Quote:
Coherent breathing>relaxation>meditation>tapping the subconscious. From there you tune into your heart and gut along with the mind. Shit really isn't that complex

So which is it?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 pm 

I appreciate everybody's advice but I must go my own way. I have a gut feeling this is my path. Different roads lead to the same destination. I've made significant progress going this way but I'm grateful to the arrows and signs people have given me on this forum.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:03 pm 
Altair wrote:
I can kinda identify with reading too much on stuff, when I was like 15 or so I set out to find answers because things didn't make sense and I was/am a huge information junkie. Like I still cannot even walk through an area without reading all the signs and posters and everything.

Anyways, I would just read and read. At one point I read every pua's work I could find as well as psychology from legit sources. Dozens and dozens of books, seminars everything

That kind of information tends to paralyze you from taking action though you have all this stuff floating in your brain but it's theory and not personal experience. So you come to a situation where your trying to decide the logical course of action that is +EV (expected value). It's everything is in a old school filing cabinet and your like where is that and does it fit this situation the best?

Where as someone who has calibration is like a cray supercomputer being like several moves in advance? Yep that's this.

People probably won't listen but the key to that drive to know stuff is to create your own knowledge of everything from experience. Not in the meta concepts that are discussed here all the time. But the little stuff micro movements, little voice tone changes etc.

That's why I moved onto poker. I wanna know why you took an extra second longer to bet, why you change your cbet size. Why everything.
Golden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Here is a relevant article to this very point.
http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/ma ... se-588318/

Before I came to Naturalfreedom I was heavily into the same shit as Altair. However, I picked up an alternative activity to give me distance from being consumed with my quest for knowledge.

Ever since I came here, I've been aggressively learning from experience. I read enough on the forums to get me started. I still don't know all the concepts on the forum, but I'm content with learning them at my own pace.

I have pimp books that I only read for fun because I'm busy. I picked up video games again recently to give me a break from poker.

I'm actively structuring my mind to allow me to quit smoking so that I can enjoy sports again and have another activity to build off of.

Do I still need to work on myself? Yes, I'm doing it in different capacities now. My road to indifference and coming to peace with myself has led me to new music and new thoughts. I'm actually changing and thinking less about women. It's like I only think about them when I have absolutely nothing else to think about or when one talks to me or attempts to initiate contact in a subtle or overt way.