Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm 

Six months ago I acknowledged what I already knew, but had not yet accepted.

I was in the car with my Mother, feeling raw and fucked up from a recent situation. I made the mistaken attempt to talk to her about it - eliciting sympathy and attention from a woman, in other words - and hers was a standardised, stock reaction. One of blame and chastisement. What was the frame here? 'Everything is your fault, you are wrong and weak to be in a situation where you are experiencing emotional pain'. I should have known because she's been pulling this one on me since I was wearing a diaper, but I made my mistake and went against my own intuition and spoke anyway. I experienced 5 seconds of swelling rage, and just before I was about to pull the trigger it all dissipated and dissolved into the ether. I was tranquil and at some semblance of peace. It was then that I finally accepted what I always have known - No-one is your emotional support machine. There is no-one to pick you off the floor. And even if 'they' misguidedly attempted to be so, and 'you' misguidedly allowed them that level of power, the interactions based on that relationship dynamic would fuck you up even more in the long term. The best thing someone can do for you is directly or indirectly make you realise that you are, ultimately, alone. This is not misanthropic, and nor is it cynicism. It is the thing that allows you to accept the truth with a wry smile on your face. It's liberation. Why? Because when you realise that this responsibility is your own, you no longer have to rely. No more will you be beholden to agenda, to questionable loyalty, to transparent morality or the unresolved unconscious issues of another person - be that lover, family or whomever it may be . Instead you can go straight to the source - your own intuition.

We're all a collective of the tangled, chaotic strands of our past experience, primarily our early, formulative experiences. Nothing ground-breaking in that. It's not our fault who we were born to or that they were inadequate role models who sent us confusing messages. It's not our fault we were systematically blamed for everything, faced with extreme anger and volatility, shown apathy or consistently told how weak and pathetic we were. It's ok though, things said when you barely understand them and cannot differentiate between truth and non-truth is gonna hurt like a motha fucka! Your going to carry that with you for a long time. Nor is there anyone to blame and consequently forgive here - except ourselves. It's not that we don't forgive others, in itself an empty gesture ultimately signifying nothing, It's that we don't forgive ourselves! Don't forgive ourselves for ever allowing the action and words, the nuances and intonations of them, to manifest into our self-image and belief system, and therefore presenting that false image to the world and the trappings of that. All the attention seeking. All the validation seeking. All the relinquishing of personal power. We are the only people that need to be forgiven. Once done, comfort with oneself can be re-instated. And we are the only ones who have the capacity to do so.

It's not quite a done deal however. Mother fucker ego is the perennial snake in the grass, and the serpent shows it's fangs whenever it senses it chance. Alertness is not something ever attained, and certainly not something ever given. It's something cultivated till death.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 am 

Excellent 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 am 

Very nice 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Interesting observation and realizations 8-)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm 

Quote:
It was then that I finally accepted what I always have known - No-one is your emotional support machine. There is no-one to pick you off the floor. And even if 'they' misguidedly attempted to be so, and 'you' misguidedly allowed them that level of power, the interactions based on that relationship dynamic would fuck you up even more in the long term.
Very well put... :D

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:38 pm 

Very good read.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 pm 

That's great man, now you're free.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:53 am 

Just re-read this and reminded me of an Osho quote I read.
Quote:
Aloneness and silence are two aspects of one experience, two sides of the same coin. If one wants to experience silence one has to go into one´s total aloneness. It is there.

We are born alone, we die alone. Between these two realities we create a thousand and one illusions of being together - all kinds of relationships, friends and enemies, loves and hates, nations, races, religions. We create all kinds of hallucinations just to avoid one fact: that we are alone. But whatsoever we do, the truth cannot be changed. It is so, and rather than trying to escape from it, the best way is to rejoice in it.

Rejoicing in your own aloneness is what meditation is all about. The meditator is one who dives deep into one´s aloneness, knowing that we are born alone, we will be dying alone, and deep down we are living alone. So why not experience what this aloneness is? It is our very nature, our very being.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:30 pm 

Wow, I hadn't seen this before. Great post, Leo.