Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: just beautiful!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 am 

What just transpired was really beautiful.

My roommates and I got into a little panel discussion you could say: we chatted about the differences between Men and Women, feminism, upbringings, social conditioning, and a heap of other things that was filled with passion and emotion.

The room contained myself, three other guys, and a girl.

In our discussion we chatted about choice. I stated people make the choice to live their lives how'd they like; some make conscious choices and others make unconscious choices.

I referred to Socrates quote:
Quote:
The unexamined life is one not worth living.

More specifically, the topic came about why surreal killers become serial killers. One said its from their upbringing; I agreed. However, I stated that at the end of the day they make the choice to BE a surreal killer.

I mentioned as an example: I make the CHOICE that I'm a "shy person". I told them I don't know why I believe that story to be true, but at the moment that's how it is. And, people like to take the VICTIM mentality of "things happened to THEM" rather than accepting and moving on to live a life of their choosing.

I mentioned after our discussion died down a bit that I joined the internship I'm apart of, sexual education, to broaden my perception of sex and relationships. A tell them that a few days ago I came across a belief I have: I equate sex to love.

My roommates asked:

Her: Why do you believe that?
Me: I don't know, it's just the way I was raised.
Her: You talked about choice, how come you... (I cut her off; got emotional; fired back)
Me (can't retype exactly what I wrote; was in the moment): Don't say that, you don't know what I do! I'm always reflecting on myself to see why I do what I do!! (I realized what had just happened. :oops: )
Me: Wow, I see what your saying. You're right.

She hit a nerve! I wasn't aware of it in the moment; I got so protective and offensive so quickly.
Quote:
Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.
:lol: (referring to me chatting about NOT being a victim)

It was a beautiful experience that unfolded right before my eyes showing me that I still hold a trace of being the victim. I'm going to use this as leverage on my journey. It also makes sense of a few things for me that left me puzzled.

Post subject: Re: just beautiful!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Be glad that you are AWARE!

Most people go around without even notice this shit. They just get caught in the defensive/ego survival mechanism and in denial. Its up to you to go to the next level, and when facing it, you fight for it.

I'm on the in and out nostradamus stage (of course with some baggage carrying too, not excent yet), but when I conclude something and share it to people, then it becomes reality, and I just say:

I told you. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 pm 

Love has nothing to do with sex...or sexual fidelity either. Love is an emotion...sex is a physical act. Sex can influence love...and love can influence sex...but at the end of the day, they are separate entities. :geek:

The sooner you wrap your head around this, the less stressful and more fulfilling your whole life will eventually be. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm 

Reminds me of the scene in the second Matrix, where he talks about how we are all victims of causality.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 pm 

Dali wrote:
Be glad that you are AWARE!
I'll take that in.
Dali wrote:
Most people go around without even notice this shit. They just get caught in the defensive/ego survival mechanism and in denial. Its up to you to go to the next level, and when facing it, you fight for it.
Next level would be facing it and seeing through the BS...I'm under the impression once you're aware of it, ego striking, you then question it and see through to the core of it. Fight for what is the truth?
The Kidd!! wrote:
Love has nothing to do with sex...or sexual fidelity either. Love is an emotion...sex is a physical act. Sex can influence love...and love can influence sex...but at the end of the day, they are separate entities. :geek:

The sooner you wrap your head around this, the less stressful and more fulfilling your whole life will eventually be. :ugeek:
This is what I EXACTLY needed to read, a simple precise statement that cuts through the BS. Thank you man!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 pm 

YEAH yeah yeah... ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm 

I love it when I right bs! :roll:

But, thanks for the statement about sex; gives me something to think about.