Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 am 

These two are both extremely valuable resources and I've been trying to find a way to share them with you guys. Thanks to this forum, I can :D

Discover Meditation is a free meditation course available at projectmeditation.com
The information within it is simple, but important.

Lifeflow is a meditation aid (Brainwave Entrainment) that I believe to be the best on the market. Not only because it's been proven to be technologically superior to other products, but because the community there is like none other (except for maybe here) Michael Mackenzie is a dude who actually cares, and it's obvious by his actions (releasing such a great product and a meditation course for such a low price)

I meditate with Lifeflow, and it's helped me not freak out about little things so much anymore. Still, there is much to improve, but LF has helped me loads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:23 am 
Yo - I have some thoughts about this. How do you think it relates to grounding? If you can access these new states of mind at will...

Because it goes

Alpha

Theta

Delta

right? IF you train yourself to enter the alpha state at will, then is it the same as entering the "grounded" state at will? relaxed but aware? Maybe this is a good way to train us to enter state at will! Also the alpha state is supposedly the best for reprogramming our ego

Also with theta i read somewhere that when you're in the theta state and lose control you can end up in a lucid dream..

Very interesting. I might start this kind of meditation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:54 am 

Good questions, djl.

I believe this very much relates to grounding in the sense that it can help with becoming disidentified with the mind (being mindful) and it can help curb addictions and dysfunctional behaviors on the inside. It is also great for releasing pent up emotions and for increasing your overall well-being.

Regarding your comment about theta waves, I've never personally experienced anything like that, so I wouldn't know but during meditation I'm more aware than I usually am, so I can't really see that being a major problem.

EDIT: I reread your post and i need to make this point

BRAINWAVES DO NOT EQUAL A CERTAIN STATE.

They only make it waaay easier to get into a state. Just because your brain is giving off alpha waves does not mean that you are in meditation or that you are grounded. Those two things are unique states of consciousness that HAPPEN to have lower brainwaves encompassing them. They prep you to get into these states more consistently.

Last edited by Midnight on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 am 
I just tried the free sample

WOW, i felt like my body was floating! I think to do that BEFORE grounding would be very powerful, I feel very much In state right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 am 

Haha that's how I felt. It is useful to listen to, but the real power lies in consistently meditating with it.

Also a sidenote, they have gamma tracks, and if anything, I would guess those waves would be the ones associated with NG.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 am 
why do you say gamma? interesting

From what I've read about the alpha state I feel that it's pretty similar... Relaxed, but Alert. Increased Awareness and Empathy

Rion does call it the "alpha" state afterall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:19 am 

I believe alpha brainwaves and "alpha state" are two different uses of the word alpha. In alpha brainwaves, you are more relaxed and open than in beta, but alpha state is the one where you realize your natural self.

I'm not very knowlegable about how the two actually relate to each other, but from what I've read about gamma waves, those seem to be the type of waves that come from doing NG. It's all just a guess, the only thing that matters is your experience.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 pm 
in the last forum we talked about grounding in your dreams/lucid dream...

so I have an interesting little experiment. I'm going to go through the lifeflow program, but when I past alpha into theta (in a few months), I'm going to use Theta Waves to induce lucid dreams where I am in a loving connection with a Natural Alpha -- Which would essentially be a very deeeeeep visualization.

Meanwhile I'm going to continue to ground to get a stronger relationship to the natural alpha.

It's a good longt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 am 

Sounds very interesting. Definately update us on the results man.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 pm 
I had a lucid dream last night...

Didn't have enough control to really do what i wanted but I got to a point where I was really intensely grounding for like 15 seconds.. I felt all of the sensations of a peak grounding session in my body. then i woke up due to the intensity of the sensations.

Next time I'm going to actually get a natural alpha to appear and just BE with her.

A trick in lucid dreams: Say what you want OUT LOUD, as if you already have it now, then it'll happen. I didn't do it this time and that's why i had trouble.. I"ve tried that before though and it works.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:22 am 
In addition ---

Lifeflow meditation + A New Earth has gotten a LOT done for me in just two days (getting back on track).

I was just at a concert with lots of people I know (I'm a jazz musician) and i get social anxiety in situations like that.. but I just stayed in state and didn't let my anxieties make me close up. I feel good because I had many good social interactions, too many to remember all at once right now, just from being in state.

Awareness is all it takes really. I was going to do hypnosis for confidence but that seems like it would put me back in the ego, so screw that. Meditation + NG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:34 pm 

djl wrote:
I had a lucid dream last night...

Didn't have enough control to really do what i wanted but I got to a point where I was really intensely grounding for like 15 seconds.. I felt all of the sensations of a peak grounding session in my body. then i woke up due to the intensity of the sensations.

Next time I'm going to actually get a natural alpha to appear and just BE with her.

A trick in lucid dreams: Say what you want OUT LOUD, as if you already have it now, then it'll happen. I didn't do it this time and that's why i had trouble.. I"ve tried that before though and it works.
I already said it in the previous forum, that I'm into dream state practices. In a dream, one of our natural alpha women and me made love, and I didn't explicitly asked for that, I didn't consciously created that dream, but I very consciously enjoyed it (and went deeper into it when I was about to wake up).

In dreams, intentions bring you direct effects, for example affirmations with faith said in dreams change your dream. But it's the intention, not the affirmation, so you can fly just with the intention of doing so (no words needed).

Overwhelming emotions/feelings in dreams wakes us up, no matter if they're "good" ones (like joy) or "bad" ones (like sadness). With practice, when you have those emotions/feelings, you'll be able to manage them better, so you will feel them but you won't wake up because of losing attention.

Another important tip to mention, djl, especially as you want to create/modify your own dreams, is that if you focus on a single thing (instead of holding a bigger picture of the scene), that thing will change and/or your dream will change into the thing of focus. For example, when I dream I'm watching a film, and I focus my attention on the film (as in daily life we tend to do), very soon the dream changes so that I am actually inside the film. And when I focus in an object for some time, the object begins morphing into different objects.