Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 pm 

Donni G wrote:
rekieter wrote:
Donni G wrote:
I wanna thank you guys for all the advice yall have been giving me. My school years have been a disaster, i can't tell you how many fake bitches i had in my life it's been so many :( . my family is telling me how im going to regret not going to prom. im like i regret all my fucking high school years and prom is not going to change shit. concentrating on my education in high school to me is pointless because im not learning anything new, it's the same shit i learned last year. so now im just going to wait till i graduate, go on to the military and see where life takes me. also this is my the last post for a while, im not going to post anything unless it's a success story :twisted:
thank you guys once again. im out. 8-)
dude don't be so ignorant, it may be boring but at least with good marks you'll get to good university-->good job---> money. Giving up education may ruin rest of your life.
in the the miltary my education will be free and also my parents already told me they are not paying for college. im positive i'll get a good job after i retire out the military.
just do everything to get to the top of what you'll be doing.

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm 

JDogg wrote:
Start new and do it right this time around. Or just wait til u graduate and solidify your mindset until then. No need to be stressing about these bitches at this point in your life as flow said (or didnt say :lol: )
Haha.

Believe me you don't have to explain if highschool itself feels like a waste of time, but, there is something that interests you or a trade / skill / passion that will excite your interest. Connecting with something you love and 'learning how to learn'... not the type of learning that passes tests but absorbs skill and knowledge into wisdom will add so much. Whether it's the military or not, the ability to absorb yourself into something, to focus, put all of yourself into it and do it with dignity is where it's at. That is a path to manhood - Nothing in your school or modern society is designed to mature us into manhood but that mentality will do it. You can take that attitude with school - you're there, it's what your gig is right now, so i'm going to do it. That is one option and I recommend it. Whether it's taxes or paper work or getting an apartment, there is always some bullshit to do. It's not a bad idea to get good at doing the bullshit you don't want to do quickly, efficiently and well.

If 5-10 years from now you find yourself thinking "man, I really wish I went to the prom!" then you'll know you've fucked up :lol:
Quote:
im positive i'll get a good job after i retire out the military.
Oh yeah, that's an iron clad guarantee. We would never do anything to mess with health benefits or employment for anyone who served in this country :roll:

The only way to guarantee work is to be extremely good at something that people need, and that they know how to reach you. Nothing guarantees that other than your own actions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm 

Flow what is a good trade to get into? I know a lot of trades will be high in demand for awhile but then will start to decline.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm 

Donni G wrote:
Flow what is a good trade to get into? I know a lot of trades will be high in demand for awhile but then will start to decline.
Hey man, honestly I wouldn't try to look at it from the angle of what is likely to be on the rise or decline, but what really resonates with you the most. The main focus right now might just be seeing what that is.. what is it that you love to do most, what is it about that thing, where could that translate.

I want to be clear that this is not bullshit feel good psychology, because everything about what I do for a living on paper seems like it would be a poor choice, way less relevant than it was many years ago, "no money in it" etc but I make a happy living with it. Obviously I'm not raking in millions but i like my lifestyle and most importantly I do the thing that I found inspired me most. Of course, I had to dedicate a shit ton of hours to it and still do in order to do it at a level where my phone rings consistently since it is all freelance, but I just accepted that if I want to do this I have to be good and do what I can to do it as best as I can.

If I spent even half the amount of hours learning stocks and such I'd probably make way more money, but I don't really find that interesting at all and don't think I would be nearly as happy.

There are always side incomes etc too -- i travel a lot so I actually started making some extra income with stuff online, writing, website type work etc because I found that interesting and can do it on planes/hotel room etc. That is subservient to my main thing though. Go for the internal reaction more than how it looks on paper. I have friends who knew they wanted to act and now they are on TV and such even though everyone told them "acting is so hard" etc, one was into TV and produces on shows like the office and "hollywood is so hard." Of course you have to be a little practical but not too practical.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am 

Just don't do infantry unless your plan to transition into mob henchman or rent a cop when you get out...if you're not KIA first...just sayin. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 pm 
Air force all day.

Aviation skills to commercial pilot or whatever other education you want.