Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 am 

How does one really start,learning about your demons and knowing thyself after you read all this stuff? I'm thinking by feeling your emotions and thoughts about issues, getting to the bottom of them by writing questions down and answering them until there is nothing left, then getting feedback for them. Also using meditation or other activities to shut off your thinking mind to feel your emotions and look for triggers. I don't know if positive thinking is even needed really, after you do the work you should feel good and have a good mindset by default.

I think question is too general, maybe I should just focus on one issue at a time, preferably the one that gives the strongest negative emotions. It will naturally lead me to the deeper issues to focus on.

Thoughts?

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Flux wrote:
How does one really start,learning about your demons and knowing thyself after you read all this stuff? I'm thinking by feeling your emotions and thoughts about issues, getting to the bottom of them by writing questions down and answering them until there is nothing left, then getting feedback for them. Also using meditation or other activities to shut off your thinking mind to feel your emotions and look for triggers. I don't know if positive thinking is even needed really, after you do the work you should feel good and have a good mindset by default.

I think question is too general, maybe I should just focus on one issue at a time, preferably the one that gives the strongest negative emotions. It will naturally lead me to the deeper issues to focus on.

Thoughts?
You already know the answer, it is contained in the above.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:53 pm 
peregrinus wrote:
Flux wrote:

Thoughts?
You already know the answer, it is contained in the above.
Thank you. I was about to do some heavy lifting, but since you spotted him. I'll spot you.

Yeah start with strongest negative emotions and stick to your plan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am 

One thing I learned from my travels is: don't get caught in the reading so much...take action. I have to remind myself this frequently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:38 pm 

TheDude wrote:
One thing I learned from my travels is: don't get caught in the reading so much...take action. I have to remind myself this frequently.
Knowledge is addictive; the more you know,
the less you think you know. That´s probably why
some people keep reading and reading and never take
it to the field. (You think you need to know more.(?))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:23 pm 

The statement: you already have all you need within yourself; would fit well after what you said Jared.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm 

2 things I realized about inner work:

1.) Reading about this stuff is helpful, but you have to do the lifting yourself. And no amount of pimposophy reading will fix inner issues.

2.) Like Grinus' signature says, it's really about finding out the extra shit you've piled on. Also, realizing the difference between your demons and your attitude towards the demons, which can be masked as demons themselves (basically, finding out what the cause and what the effect is and differentiating the two)

Nobody really knows what you went through and how your mind adapted to it, so you're going to have to come up with the answer yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:16 pm 

Yeah, it's time for me to get serious. I'm gonna limit my internet time to 1 hour a day, unless it's for school. Need a change up.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 pm 

There are many great practices, you listed some - if it has stood the test of time (some practices are thousands of years old and still used) it is safe to say there is some value in it, something will "feel right" to you. Don't worry what it is or if it is the best one, just start doing it, now - and do it with "proper form" ie just do it the way they say to do it and give it an honest go.

Take at least 15-30 minutes a day and do that one thing every day. In that chunk of time do not philosophize about it or wonder if it is the best one, just do the practice.

We are in information overload age. You can read about diet and exercise for three years and get a million theories, but you'd best be moving your ass for at least an hour every day, if you don't know what to do, do good old pushups and situps and jump rope. Do them the way that has been shown not to screw up your back etc don't worry about being original. You WILL get results.

Pick the obvious thing and start TODAY. There are still 23 more hours in the day to think about shit.