Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Wall
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:40 am 

Dude are you expecting you are just going to transcend the human condition of suffering in one sit down?

Everyone gets stuck. Michael Jordan still had a coach as do all the best athletes -- there's a reason this stuff has a history of student/teacher, daily disciplined practice, etc.

If you are serious about this you should be committed to a process, and if you want deep and detailed work with someone on your issues etc you should look into that. Don't kidd or peregrinus offer skype sessions of some sort? They are obviously the people you resonate with since you are here, if you want to go deep with them i recommend you approach them in that context, see what they charge etc. Where you put your time and $ is what you value most, no matter what answer you say is most important to you.

Another idea, which is what I did with my teacher, is I loved his stuff and wanted to work with him so I approached him is there any work I can do (i know web/tech stuff, etc) and that's how we started. There is always a way to get what you want if you are committed to getting it - not having $ is never a legit reason, there is always an exchange available if you decide that's what you're going to do.

The guys here are amazing but there is a certain energy behind expecting too much hand holding in a situation where you are not trying to extend something in exchange for their time.. hope it's clear what I mean.

EDIT: Just saw your mention above - yes we can skype, i'm assuming you did the exercises and got a mic by now. If not, see the "where you put your time and $ = what's important" ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am 

Honestly...I don't think fufe could pay me enough to listen to this drivel ad nauseum...I mean...how many times can you make the same thread...yet worded a different way? :roll:

He said it himself...he wants his mommy...what he NEEDS is plastered all over this forum...but fuck ALLL of THAT...he wants his MOMMY. I mean seriously...the fact that when he's faced with a hard spot, his first gut reaction is to be consoled by a woman? If that doesn't say it all...then I dunno what does. :|

Plus he'd rather deal with you...because you give him 'tools' that ultimately distracts him from facing HIMSELF...something that he is still desperately avoiding at ALL COSTS...which is also his biggest hindrance. :ugeek:

PS: Don't get me wrong, Flow...I know that you mean well...but what you're offering isn't what fufe's problem NEEDS. It's the wrong medicine for the wrong person. :geek:

Any system or method given to him he will use as a bandaid...anything to keep him from the inevitable as long as humanly possible... :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 am 

No real 'tool' other than by being on the line, you can't fuck off and go check your email or do something else as soon as it gets deep- questions yes, there's no tool that can make you present with yourself, but if someone is there w/ you holding you to it you are more likely to stick with it.. like if you are sitting at home with some dumbbells next to your TV and computer, vs if you are at a gym and an instructor is standing there right next to you, you're gonna do more reps. Basically, just increases the odds that the person will put some more work in, knowing they are being 'watched' in that moment.

And of course since it was offered for free it was never taken up on. The $ part / session with you is a similar ass kick, well i PAID for this so i better use it.

Just nudges to increase your own odds of doing what you need to do, little steps to show you've made a commitment. I hear what you are saying.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 am 

Ah -

I'm not referring to myself in the 'teacher/student' vibe, I can be an experienced sparring partner (don't really have time for this anymore unfortunately, but can show what is like to have someone holding you to it, when you quickly want to run away).

By 'process' i just mean you commit that you're going to do something consistently. I'm going to sit quietly for 1 hour a day and look at this part of myself and not run away - i'm going to read whatever posts/book and take notes, i'm going to go out and talk to a stranger each day and notice what comes up for me when i do it.. often the best clue is what is the thing you absolutely least want to do, what's the thing you are resisting most. That thing you know you should do/look at but don't and then end up going to wherever talking and asking about why you don't.

If you want a technique or tool to just make your stuff go away, forget it- as you said

Kidd said it's a pattern here over a long time - *anything* even if it's good can be a crutch in my experience. Telling the same stories/asking the same questions can be just another resistance mechanism, you get close and that's the way you bail out, but you can tell yourself you're doing a 'good' thing because you're 'asking advice' -- for one guy maybe he's new and that's the most important thing he can do and another it's become a way to distract. Gotta be self diligent on which it is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
He said it himself...he wants his mommy...what he NEEDS is plastered all over this forum...but fuck ALLL of THAT...he wants his MOMMY. I mean seriously...the fact that when he's faced with a hard spot, his first gut reaction is to be consoled by a woman? If that doesn't say it all...then I dunno what does. :|
That was not facing myself, being with the fear and crying it out ? What does that gut reaction say about "it all" ? I don't have your understanding, I don't know.. I stood in front of a mirror askin myself what am I so afraid of, sit in silence and dvelve into myself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:01 pm 

To quote Tyler Durden

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not
Make you a chicken"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
That was not facing myself, being with the fear and crying it out ? What does that gut reaction say about "it all" ? I don't have your understanding, I don't know.. I stood in front of a mirror askin myself what am I so afraid of, sit in silence and dvelve into myself
Of that the outcome will be clear headedness, not more stubborness.
Look I know it's brave what you are doing but it is leading to ground zero again and again so you have to be relentless in this and observe without playing sides inside yourself, see, girls cry a lot and often their lifes are a still a mess, and remains the same because they do not let go, they just want to feel. And also the victim mentality aids to this. They rather cry out loud than being bored or feeling emotionally constipated.

If persists, contact a psychologyst. (Seriously)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 pm 

I'm just so confused, I thought I'm going in right directing facing this. I'm contenplating the psychologist, even tho it didn't really help in the past.. So the releasing I did was bullshit ? If I don't solve this, my relationships will be broken probably forever..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

peregrinus wrote:
Come to me, pay me $1000 a week, I have something that will help you attain a zen state.

I will warn you it may take many years.

Your legs and back may ache a bit for the first year or so, after that you will not notice it.

It also might get damn cold in the winter, so bring some warm clothes for while you are outside, not that you will be inside at all.

A possible side effect is that after you might have the image of a portion of brick wall imprinted in your eyes.

You will experience detachment, loss of attachment to outcome and a lot of peace.

My garden wall is a wonderful tool with many uses.
from : http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 3800#p3800

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 pm 

That's excellent 'Grinus.

So you judge your internal experience by what other people tell you. Sounds like if Kidd or Morpheus said above "crying = nimbus flow state and you'll be enlightened if you find the jade monkey" you'd believe that. No trust in your own experience or intuition.

"Tell me I'm doing it right " is also about mommy.

The cure for that used to be you go in the woods at 12 years old on your own and not allowed back till you had a vision. Trust yourself or die. The last thing you need is more opinions on what's going on, so that's it from me. Start asking yourself what you need to do next And start trusting the answer. After a certain point, what choice do you have?

What if something bad happens? It might. That's how you learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 am 

I've failed spectacularly at a lot of things. It's good to fail, if your not making mistakes your not living lol.

I've always liked the do or die tribal initiations. A stint in the military might not be a bad idea for you fufe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm 

fufe wrote:
If I don't get off my ass and quit feeling sorry for myself and actually do something about this, I will be broken forever..
Fixed. ;)

Read the last post Kidd!! made above, as many times as you need to.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."