Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm 

btw I'm reading Robert Greene's mastery book, and his writing on social intelligence is spot on. The parallels of the content to what is found in this forum is uncanny. Since, he is a professional writer his points are very succinct and clear.

Greene points out the difference in masters in having great social acuity and what he terms maturing past the point of social naïvety. Basically, it boils down to understanding and observing human nature. He harps a lot on being observant and look outside oneself when interacting with others.

He proves his points by showing examples from masters, which in this case his analysis of Benjamin Franklin is very insightful. I highly recommend this book, even though I can't say I agree with his points of finding your passion. In my view, passion can be cultivated as well and isn't some magic trait that is stored in our genetic composition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 pm 

Yeah it's kinda eerie how much the path to mastery in the book and this forum line up.

I guess great minds do think alike :mrgreen: